What happened to my Tamagotchi's screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriam

Reaction score
I was painting my Tamagotchi v4.5 (I covered all of the screen edges and the infra red thing and all that stuff with tape so it wouldn't get paint on it) and when the paint dried I pulled off the tape and there was a little paint on the middle of the screen. So (probably not the smartest move) I used nail polish remover to get off the paint. Now there's a section in the middle of the screen that only lights up about half the time.

Do you think the paint or the nail polish remover caused it? (so i dont do the same thing to another tama) The paint was spray paint and the nail polish remover was acetone, by the way. Is there any way I can fix this? The spot in the screen is small enough so it's still playable, at least.

I'm so sorry, Tamagotchi! :'(

Anyways, thanks for reading!

:ichigotchi: Miriam

What exactly is the problem? Could you post a photo? :L

If its the actual LCD screen then the only solution would be to replace it. That way it would work 100%.

If its the outside casing, simply replace that too. It could have been damaged by the nail varnish remover and that caused it to broke somehow. If you have a broken Tamagotchi, then use the parts from that to repair this one!

jordboss,

Umm.... well..... im kind of new here so I don't know how to post photos. If you could explain how to it'd be great!

Anyways, its totally the LCD screen, like there's a little patch of screen pixel thingies that light up for a second like they should anytime i press a button but they stop lighting up soon after, it's hard to explain. But, for example, im on the main screen where it shows your tama jumping around, and its fine, except for that one bit of screen that will not light up when it's supposed to. But then, if i go into a menu, like the food menu or something, for just a 1/2 second or so, the entire screen will work like it's supposed to, and soon, that small section shuts off again.

Ill post a photo if you explain how though. Because this is the best I can explain, and as im rereading it, dont even understand what i'm saying! :p

And I do have one broken tama, but it's a v6 Music Star, will it work in a v4.5? I'm okay at taking apart tamas for changing backgrounds and stuff, so if it will work, changing the screen won't be a problem for me. Also, if the screen from the v6 won't work, is there anywhere I could get a new screen, because nobody sells v4.5 tamas anymore, and i'm reeeeeaally attached to my current tama, so i'll avoid buying another someplace until i'm sure my tama is impossible to fix!

Wow. I wrote a ton! Miriam

jordboss,

Umm.... well..... im kind of new here so I don't know how to post photos. If you could explain how to it'd be great!

Anyways, its totally the LCD screen, like there's a little patch of screen pixel thingies that light up for a second like they should anytime i press a button but they stop lighting up soon after, it's hard to explain. But, for example, im on the main screen where it shows your tama jumping around, and its fine, except for that one bit of screen that will not light up when it's supposed to. But then, if i go into a menu, like the food menu or something, for just a 1/2 second or so, the entire screen will work like it's supposed to, and soon, that small section shuts off again.

Ill post a photo if you explain how though. Because this is the best I can explain, and as im rereading it, dont even understand what i'm saying! :p

And I do have one broken tama, but it's a v6 Music Star, will it work in a v4.5? I'm okay at taking apart tamas for changing backgrounds and stuff, so if it will work, changing the screen won't be a problem for me. Also, if the screen from the v6 won't work, is there anywhere I could get a new screen, because nobody sells v4.5 tamas anymore, and i'm reeeeeaally attached to my current tama, so i'll avoid buying another someplace until i'm sure my tama is impossible to fix!

Wow. I wrote a ton! Miriam
Upload the photo to a site like Photobucket or tinypic, and then copy and paste the IMG code into your post. :)

I don't think that a music star would work. This is because on the music star, the screen is bigger so you get more viewing of your Tama. Because of this, you would need to use a version 1-4.5 as these all had the same screen. Id recommend buying a cheap broken one of eBay or Tbay and then use it for parts.

Ok.... I'll try to post a photo after I get home from school! And now the bottom row of icons doesn't light up either. So I can't give my tama medicine or get mail or anything else on the bottom row. Sad.

It does sound like the LCD is failing. I think I have some spare parts in my draw. I'm not home right now so i can't check. I'll let you know later?

I havent got any LCD sorry, have you got any?

Darn it....... nope. My friend has an old v4.5 though, I think. He never plays with his tamagotchis anymore, so I think he probably would let me have his v4.5 so I could use the LCD screen from that. He broke the sound wires inside it, and insists it's broken beyond repair, even though that is sooooooo easy to fix. So, yeah, i'll ask for his tama and replace the screen, and I'll let you know about the results! It might be a few days though.... and again, thanks a ton for helping me out with this! *High Five* ^_^

Yay, it okay I honestly don't mind. Do you know how to do it and replace the LCD. It's not too hard but I could write a guide and post some pictures if needed?

Last time I had to change my tama's LCD was in 5th grade, which was 2 years ago. :eek: So I sort of remember how to, I was planning on just googling it, to make sure I don't mess up. But it would be great if you could write a guide, it would definitely help me, and i'm sure there are plenty of other people who need a guide for that. :kuribotchi:

Yeah okay, I'm currently busy because I'm Working. I will have some free time soon and on the weekend so ill do it then :)

Well I have made the guide, here you go :)

guidef.png

Wow! Nice job with the guide! Do you mind if I save this on my laptop? (I won't repost it) And my friend gave me his broken tama. So now i'm gonna see if I can fix the LCD using this guide! Again, great job with the guide, this would have taken me forever! :D

Yay I'm glad you like the guide. I wish you all the best and hopefully you get your Tama working :)

*Your free to save this. Your the reason why I made it :)

Yay I'm glad you like the guide. I wish you all the best and hopefully you get your Tama working :)

*Your free to save this. Your the reason why I made it :)
Okay, I fixed my Tamagotchi!!!!! It works awesome now! And I saved it, in case I ever need to change another tama LCD. (Probably will :D )Thank you!! :ichigotchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back