What has a tama ever meant to you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What IS a tama to you?

• My best friend for ten years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My only good child memory

• My best memory, I don't own any tamagotchi today

• The only good thing about the nineties

• An annoying and crappy thing, beeping, causing even death among bike riders

• I envied everyone who had tamas, for mom didn't let me (you poor thing)

• Other (write a reply)

• I barely remember what they were like

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY EVER. when the tamagotchi came out in 1996, i got so into it (and it wasn't often that i'd reeeeeally get into something) and i remember asking for one. i don't remember much from being a kid, but i still remember that exact day my mom drove me a couple towns away to the only toy store that had it in stock (kb toys!). they were on a turning rack in 2 rows... and i chose the purple one with a blue border around the screen and pink buttons. :blink: even when they lost their popularity i was still playing with them.

now tamas mean so much more. i'm determined to travel to japan merely for a mission to search for tamas (and do other fun things too!).

Tama is japenese for loveable because I herd that tama means lovable and gotchi means creature. and its true. They are lovable creatures. ;)

TEN YEARS AND A PROUD OWN GOT 100 :p TAMAGOTCHI AND STILL GOING WOOT ^_^ i got first when 1

Good to see theres still people replying to this topic, I wish that I could of had more tamagotchi as a kid back then. Maybe that is the reason why I have so many now...

I was born in the nineties, soo... Yeah, I don't exactly remember! :mellow:

I have this distinct memory of sitting the couch as a very small child with a red tama in my hand. Other than that, I can't really remember anything from "back in the day," except for the fact that I thought you only had one chance to raise a tama to adulthood, and that it would live for as long as you devoted time and love to it. I, however, didn't have the attention span to love it as I should've. :D

Nowadays though, tamas are my friends. I connect them all to eachother with the keychains/rings and carry them about in my pocket, whipping them out periodically to check on & care for them. They are incredibly important to me now, as caring for a tama slows the days and weeks down. When you're waiting patiently for a creature to grow, it helps make everything else seem slower as well. Days are more meaningful when you sit down to write in your log at the end of the day and think - "what did my tamas and I do today?" They're a charming companion that's always there; an shelter you can always retreat to as the storm of life approaches. (xD)

I love them.

Back in forth grade when i first got them, it was because of my friend. Later after that, i was starting to get picked on by other kids, so i used them as a retreat from my suffering then. Not what i should have done, i know. After that settled down, i stopped for a while. The tama craze has started up agian, but i play them for the right reasons now. I love them and care for them as if they were my own children. Heck, i still have my first two tamas! Currently their batteries are dead, though.

edit:although, i was born in 1995, XD go figure. I still love tama's with all my heart, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Repondbilty(typo),care,fun,Addiction, when i got my frist toma it was like whoa then everybody got one i was kinda cool B) everyone at class was like Whoa you got a tama? wheere you get how much does cost? i wanna be you friend?can we concet or something? then i got tried of people saying everything :D but i stilll had times playing it. ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back