What if one were to replace the (reflective) paper behind the screen...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

Reaction score
I'm well aware of what it is like when the paper is removed and replaced with plain paper, but what if one were to replace it with aluminum foil? Edit: (Since the original is reflective, the screen will appear dimmer...? I kinda suck at giving explanations)

It being the paper thing behind screens of connections, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the same.

Maybe I'll try it xD

I just thought of this... what about regular paper but with glittery gel pens or something used, but then use syran wrap so the glitter cant get into the unit?

too thick

also, saran wrap might be too hard to handle

clear nail polish?

or maybe even one of those spray paint clear coats? ( thinner but does the same thing)

Last edited by a moderator:
let me know what you do find out works! i have always been intersted in making my own backgrounds, but i never have really tried! lol.

Regular paper works fine. Gel pens with glitter should be fine if you allow them to dry fully. I put a hot pink cut of paper in a music star, works fine. Just makes it harder to see. Best colors would be a pastel or white. If you put nail polish over the paper, that should be fine too, but make it a thin coat. Consider a clear shipping tape. (gel pens, I would cover that with shipping tape) if you get a thinner cardboard image, that can work too. I put an image in my american angel that works very well. Consider the center colors because dark colors make the character hard to see.

gonna open up my V2 when it gets here

was planning on replacing the background anyway, so I'll try the aluminum foil idea

looking good, IMO

was going for the not-so-smooth appearance

5Mu7f.jpg

I did this on my experimental v3 a few years ago. I can see the screen just fine, and I printed the background on regular printer paper :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back