What is the most recent version of Tamagotchi ?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamayoyo

Reaction score
Hi, i'm french and i have a V4.5 tamagotchi. i've got 2 or 3 questions.

- I'd like to know what is the most recent version of tamagotchi released ? I think it's the TMGC+C but i'm not sure.

- Also, what is the best version of tamagotchi ?

- Where can i buy the tamagotchi you awnser me ?

thanks.

The most recent Japanese-language version is the Tamagotchi-iD. It's available in toy shops in Japan, or from sellers on e-bay.

The most recent English-language version is the Tama-Go. So far, it's only available from online shops such as amazon.com and toysrus.com. I think it will be available in regular toy shops in USA very soon, maybe within a few weeks. After that, you should be able to buy them from sellers on e-bay.

About "which is the best" - the answer depends on your personal taste. The Tamagochi-iD has a full-color screen. The recent Japanese versions don't have a Tamatown type of web site. However, the Tamagotchi-iD has many shops and places your Tamagotchi character can visit, built-in. Also you can transfer new foods, games, and wallpapers to the Tamagotchi-iD via certain models of cellphone with IR. The Tama-Go doesn't have this IR transfer capability, but it can access new content (foods, toys, games) while you've connected an expansion ROM (called a Character Figure.) The Tama-Go has a 4-shades-of-grey screen. There is a Tamatown web site for the Tama-Go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can i buy a Tama ID, cause i find them on the web bitween 75$ and 120$.

Where can i buy a Tama ID, cause i find them on the web bitween 75$ and 120$.
On ebay. I try my best to get the ones where you can make offers, or bid. That way, you may get a better deal than "Buy it Now!"

It's cheaper by a bit on Ebay. I see ones that are Buy-It-Now for $60-70, so it's a little better, if that's something you're interested in.

Tamagotchi-iD are normally expensive, even in a toy shop in Japan, they're about $50 (sales tax included)

That may first seem much more expensive than a Tama-Go, but people in Japan get access to free downloadable content (games, wallpapers, foods, toys, etc.) from Tama-iD.com. So far there have been well over 300 downloadable items available for the Tamagotchi-iD. Even if each of the Tama-Go's Character Figures held 15 items (just a rough guess: 9 foods, 2 games, 4 toys) you would need to purchase 20 Character Figures to get a similar amount of new content. Now do the math: Tama-Go ($20) + 20 Character Figures (at about $7 each) = $160 in total (sales tax not included.) Suddenly that $50 doesn't seem so bad after all.

Ive gotten my Hexagon off of ebay for 25$ is that normal? :furawatchi:

Well i've found a TAMA ID on Ebay for 66 USD. Thanks for all everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back