What is this Charm?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amirathegir

Reaction score
Hello TamaTalk community, I was wondering if anyone knew what this little tamagotchi charm is that I have.

I bought it from a small annual community flea market a few years ago.

It was brand new (it was still in the package).

It's a tiny little tamagotchi, about the size of a quarter. It looks liek the old blue with pink numbers design.

It doesn't exactly have any function (you can't interact with it as a normal regular sized tama) but on the fake screeen there is a little maametchi and when you move it back and forth it changes from regular mametchi to mametchi sleeping.

Connected to that part by a small blue chain is a pink card (also the size of a quarter) the shape of a tamagotchi with mametchi on it and when you move it back and forth it has him jumping. On the back of that card there is some wirting (in Japanese so I can't read it ;( ) and a picture of maametchi again and a little box that looks like it's for writing.

It says "© Bandai 1997 Japan" on the back of the plastic part so if anyone could help me that would be great ^-^

:lol: :unsure: :wacko:

Here's some Picturezz

tama2.PNG

tama3.PNG

tama1.PNG

tama4.PNG

Looks like something you could get in Japan. A Smaller Sized Gashapon or a Cell Phone charm. It might have had lip gloss in the container... I haven't seen it before, but its common to have smaller toys have something inside them.

It looks like a happy meal toy that came out in the 90s o-o I think...
Lol. That's what I thought for a second too until I looked at some of the toys and I looked at some of the toys but I still wasn't sure.

Plus it's from Japan and from 1997 and from what I've seen the toys were from 1998.

But you could be right so tahnk you for the help ^-^

Looks like something you could get in Japan. A Smaller Sized Gashapon or a Cell Phone charm. It might have had lip gloss in the container... I haven't seen it before, but its common to have smaller toys have something inside them.
It looks shut pretty tight but I tried to open it and nothing happend :p I'm currently using it as a cell phone charm but I think it may be a bracelet, even though it's kind of big for anyone's wrists that I know. But I thin kyou are probably right about the Gashapon thing, even though it doesn't look like any of the Gashapon toys I've ever seen. Thank you for the help it's really appreciated ^-^

Looks pretty unusual. Let's figure this out. :]

The blue writing on the back of the pink card read な ( Na ) ま ( Ma ) ぇ ( e ).

Namae = Name

So now we know that the empty space is for writing your name.

The Hiragana ( Japanese characters ) on the pink side of the card are a little too blurred for me to read, but the first characters seems to be は ( Ha ), and the last one ら ( Ra ).

I think a clearer picture would make it a bit easier for me to read. :)

+' timestamp='1293006217' post='3047687']Looks pretty unusual. Let's figure this out. :]

The blue writing on the back of the pink card read な ( Na ) ま ( Ma ) ぇ ( e ).

Namae = Name

So now we know that the empty space is for writing your name.

The Hiragana ( Japanese characters ) on the pink side of the card are a little too blurred for me to read, but the first characters seems to be は ( Ha ), and the last one ら ( Ra ).

I think a clearer picture would make it a bit easier for me to read. :)
Thank you! ^^ I can take a picture now

SAM_0025.JPG
SAM_0026.JPG

Thank you so much for thee help by the way! :D

Wow, thanks for the pictures ! :D

The Hiragana on the first picture read は ( Ha ) は ( Ha ) and again は ( Ha ).

Hahaha = laughter :)

On the second picture we have ま ( Ma ) め ( Me ) っ ( Tu ) ち ( Chi ) で ( De ) す ( Su ).

Mametuchi is read as Mametchi.

Desu is translated as "to be", and is used to show a connection between a subject and a predicate.

Basically the whole thing just means "I'm Mametchi !" How cute. :)

+' timestamp='1293080647' post='3048069']Wow, thanks for the pictures ! :D

The Hiragana on the first picture read は ( Ha ) は ( Ha ) and again は ( Ha ).

Hahaha = laughter :)

On the second picture we have ま ( Ma ) め ( Me ) っ ( Tu ) ち ( Chi ) で ( De ) す ( Su ).

Mametuchi is read as Mametchi.

Desu is translated as "to be", and is used to show a connection between a subject and a predicate.

Basically the whole thing just means "I'm Mametchi !" How cute. :)
Haha cute indeed! Thank you so much it's really apreciated! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back