What is this toy..?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah66665

Reaction score
Years ago, before I really even knew what a Tamagotchi was, I was given a plastic toy of a Tamagotchi Angel.

In a way, you can say that this was my first Tamagotchi and I still consider it a part of my little collection.

Anyways, when I started to grow more interested in Tama as a whole, I tried finding out what the toy was.

It came with little candies inside, and the back of it says © BANDAI 1997 TOYZ 'N TREATZ MADE IN CHINA

I always figured it was from a kids meal or something, but I haven't been able to find anything like it online. :eek:

Here are some pictures... (the cover art has seen better days)

tamatoy1.jpg

tamatoy2.png
tamatoy3.png

tamatoy4.png
tamatoy5.png

It's had a homemade keychain attached so that I could hang it with my others.

Wow... I really don't know what that is. I've never seen a tamagotchi with candy inside. I have an angelgotchi, and the icons seem the same, but the shell is definitely different. And the screen is obviously not real, since there appears to be no room for a circuit board and all that. (I'm sure you know that though. xD) Maybe some kind of promotion toy? Like one of those ones they gave out at McDonalds? Or maybe it's fake..?

Wow... I really don't know what that is. I've never seen a tamagotchi with candy inside. I have an angelgotchi, and the icons seem the same, but the shell is definitely different. And the screen is obviously not real, since there appears to be no room for a circuit board and all that. (I'm sure you know that though. xD) Maybe some kind of promotion toy? Like one of those ones they gave out at McDonalds? Or maybe it's fake..?
I've tried searching for McDonalds Tamagotchi toys... the only similar ones I've found are these -

zdscf526920090709-300x236.jpg
4514934553_fe7165f860_z_thumb.jpg

I don't know about like Burger King or anything though... other food chains may have done something similar. Except their logo isn't anywhere on the toy... usually it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya!

Those were just a Tamagotchi Candy toy - They came out as a promo for Angelgotchis. The "toy" was actually just made to look like an Angelgotchi and hold (what I assume anyway) were pez-like candies. In the Angelgotchi Tama you give your Tama candies and I think that's where the idea came from.

They were packaged on a card with a plastic cover over it that you pealed off and that's about it.... People still sell them sealed, but why would people want like 16-17 year old candy??? XD

-Purn

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thanks Purn! I've been going crazy trying to figure out what it was. xD I'd love to get one in new condition sometime, just for collections sake. :3

Every once in a while... I see these on ebay. Though the candy is much too old to eat, they have them un-opened. Some sellers remove the candy in fear people will eat it. They still are out there, rare.

hi i found some of these when i googled Tamagotchi Candy (i came across these before and the name sounded familiar). you should be able to find some. they had some new (i only found the pics though, on google images) the ones i looked at are not the angel ones they look more like the p1/p2.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TAMAGOTCHI-1997-SET-5-FIGURAL-CANDY-CONTAINER-KEYCHAINS-3-STILL-MOC-BANDAI-/380469320630?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5895bd1bb6

these are the ones i found on ebay. they are brand new. its a set of 5 for $35 plus shipping. not sure if someone would pay that much for 5 cases that hold candy in the shape of a tamagotchi though.

Thank you everyone, for clearing this up for me. :) I hope to sometime get a hold of more for my personal collection. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back