What is your religeon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a Muslim and totally proud of it.Yes, it's kinda hard sometimes, but I think I have an important relationship with God.

And a lot of people who are terrorists call themselves "Muslims" but they are not because as a Muslim is is haraam (prohibited) to kill a human.

I'm thinking about whether I should start wearing the hijab (Islamic headress for females)...it's a hard decision!

Chatterbox :)

PS: Very glad u started this topic

PPS: A lot of people think that Allah is different than God, but we just call God "Allah" in Islam. They are the same
I personally think hijabs are beautiful on women.

From what I've heard, Muslim is a hard religion to be strictly devoted to.

I hope you make the decision right for you ^.^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself..

The only way to really describe my 'religion' is anti-religion.

I respect people that are religious, as it's their choice, but it's just not for me.

I'm Christian, but after reading the evolution theories and anti religion point of views, I'm having my doubts which is bad on my part.

Religion is a confusing and scary matter in my opinion.

I'm Christian, but after reading the evolution theories and anti religion point of views, I'm having my doubts which is bad on my part.
Religion is a confusing and scary matter in my opinion.
Same with me, I am asking myself alot of questions after I started learing about evolution.. The thing is my whole family is Christian and they don't have any doubts about God but it's just Im really starting to question this stuff though I know I shouldn't.

Kinda worried about it .. :)

^^ Yeah....it confuses me sometimes. I've kept it this way:

I have a religion, but I won't let it rule all my beliefs and choices, and everything. I have my brain for that.

Chatterbox-

I personally respect you a great deal for being very dedicated to your religion. I also don't think that you will be mocked for wearing a hijab, which I too think is beautiful. Anyone who would mock you for wearing it isn't really worth listening to anyway because it shows that they do not have enough tolerance to respect your religion. Basically I think that if you are devoted to your religion and think that wearing the hijab would make you happy, more power to you!

I guess if you had to categorize me as anything, it would be Agnostic. If you don't know what that is... look it up on Wikipedia :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gone through so many phases when it comes to religion. I was born and raised Jewish, but I frequently switched from Agnostic to Atheist when I was 15. I now consider myself a slightly Agnostic Jew. Yeah, kind of confusing, but it all works out. :)

Oh, and to Chatterbox, I think hijabs are very pretty. You shouldn't care what other people think; if you want to wear one to show that you're proud of your religion, go for it! My brother used to wear his yarmulke (skullcap) every day in elementary school. It's all about what you want, so if you want to wear a hijab, go ahead!

I think you should go for the Hijab. They look beautiful, and it shows you are dedicated to your religeon. I think it is interesting, I have never met a muslim before and it was fun to hear about your religeon, in school for me, we were learning about the Arab Israeli conflict, so not only did you help me to get more knowledgeable, you probably just raised my grede by two points XD. Thanks!

again, sorry about double post, but it wasnt on the same topic as the last one. I have found a Wikipedia to an article on Wicca, that I hope will help those who dont know, it tells about our beliefs, rituals, etc, and it is very informing.

Being a Muslim consists a lot of things (and a LOT of guidelines):

*pray five times a day

*it is haraam to eat pork

*it is haraam to drink alcohol

*it is haraam to have a sexual relationship before marriage

*it is haraam to expose your body too much

And that is just a few!!!!

Chatterbox
Thats right! : D I am Muslim too.

I'm catholic...and proud. I believe there is no purpose of life without a religon in my opinion because life is just a test to me. Dont worry guys i wont shove my religon down your throats lol

~Mamitchi465

I am a methodist! I LOVE God and believe it is very wrong to not believe in God! Why would we be here if there was no god? What made us then huh? I don't believe in withcraft and wizardry, evelution or the big bang theory. If you don't believe in God try pray to Him and He will bless you and help you have a better life and point you in the right direction. I am 100% Christian and would never regret it or say I am not! If someone was to say, "If you believe in God I''ll shoot you...." My reply would be "You'll just have to shoot me!" Anyone who doesn't belive in Him.... I will pray for you and remeber no matter how much you think you are unloved no matter how many bad things youve done or dont even believe someone still loves you and that person is God.

I'm Catholic-Christian. I don't believe in everything the Catholics believe. Like: Honestly. The bread & wine is actually going to change before your eyes into Jesus' body and blood just because a priest prayed over it? :\

I am a methodist! I LOVE God and believe it is very wrong to not believe in God! Why would we be here if there was no god? What made us then huh? I don't believe in withcraft and wizardry, evelution or the big bang theory. If you don't believe in God try pray to Him and He will bless you and help you have a better life and point you in the right direction. I am 100% Christian and would never regret it or say I am not! If someone was to say, "If you believe in God I''ll shoot you...." My reply would be "You'll just have to shoot me!" Anyone who doesn't belive in Him.... I will pray for you and remeber no matter how much you think you are unloved no matter how many bad things youve done or dont even believe someone still loves you and that person is God.
I think this needs to be said: what you said could be construed as offensive or ignorant to many people. I do not believe in God, although i do believe there is some higher power. Knowledge in the field of science is expanding each and every day, and already a lot of the Bible has been "proven" wrong. I did believe in God, but I never saw any results from it. I don't think he exists at all. While I respect the fact that other people have their own beliefs, it deeply bothers me when people try to push their beliefs on to me. I am not trying to demean or offend you, but I am trying to make you realize that while you strongly believe in your views, not everyone does and it would be more pleasant if you would respect that a little more.

I have no religion, for me it's more easier to not have so many beliefs on a religion so then it would be ALOT less pressure. But I wanna try going to church just once to see what its like. ^-^

~SG~

Christian.

I don't have a problem with other religions(unless their mission is to kill or something bad like that), but everyone at my school thinks they are "Atheist" and honestly I think that alot of people are "atheist" because its part of the punk-ey style, or so they think.

To Chatterbox-Wear the hijack! If people make fun of you if considered Racism.

I'm Athiest but I'm thinking of coverting to Christianity, what do you think?

EDIT: I accidently clicked send before I finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back