What is your religeon?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddhism isn't a religion it's a philosophy.
I am sorry, but I must disagree. All the scholars and experts I have read say that Buddhism is a religion. IMHO, it makes the most sense out of all the other religions, but it is not completely rational. But that is just my opinion.

Oh, that's not true! I do care about your opinion...a lot actually, because since most of the people where I live are Christian, they're the ones who will have to see me wearing the hijab. Why do you think I shouldn't wear it, I'm just curious :) Don't be afraid to share your opinion.
;)

I look really pretty when I wear it though. If I put my hair in a high bun and then put in on, it looks really royal and pretty you know, especially if I put on a little extra makeup when wearing it. :eek:

Being a Muslim consists a lot of things (and a LOT of guidelines):

*pray five times a day

*it is haraam to eat pork

*it is haraam to drink alcohol

*it is haraam to have a sexual relationship before marriage

*it is haraam to expose your body too much

And that is just a few!!!!

Chatterbox
I'm LDS. I would never tell anyone one that they shouldn't wear or do something that is in their religon. It's like if someone came up to me and said, "You shouldn't wear a dress to church on sunday" I'd be like "What the crap?"

My guidelines are sorta like yours

*I pray more than 2 a day (one in the morning and night, and whenever i need it)

*I can't drink alcohol

*no sexual relationship before marriage

*We can have skirts or shorts up to our knees, no shoulders or bellies showing

And of coarse there's more.

I was just letting you know.

-ImBored...still

I am sorry, but I must disagree. All the scholars and experts I have read say that Buddhism is a religion. IMHO, it makes the most sense out of all the other religions, but it is not completely rational. But that is just my opinion.
yeah, i think it's a religion, too. Wow, I'm posting alot tonight...

Buddhism isn't a religion it's a philosophy.
I'm an Atheist
That's a rather controversial statement from someone who isn't a Buddhist :(

Especially since Buddhism is considered by many in Asia (and other parts of the globe) to be their religion :(

It's all good and fine using words like "philosophy" instead of "belief" or "religion" but for most of us, Buddhism is one of the main religions in the world today and is studied by many school students.

It's just a word I guess. But if you're a practising Buddhist, it is probably a very important distinction :(

Have a wiki link to Buddhism - Wikipedia

(... and yes, I know it is not always accurate, but generally it is a good source of basic, easy to understand information).

Like Tama_Becca, I was raised Roman catholic but converted to Wicca. I spent 8 years in Catholic School, and that was enough for me. I feel that religion is a very personal thing and that there are NO WRONG ANSWERS so long as you aren't harming others. Actually, I consider myself only partly wiccan, because I also study Buddhism, Hinduism, and world mythology, which is just the ancient religions. So that makes me.. and eclectic spiritualist? :angry:

I'm agnostic.

EDIT:

Ooh, looking above..

I knew this would turn into a fight. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no religon. I'm not an aithest but I also think any higher being is a load of BS.

If it were up to my mum i'd be at church each week talking to the ozone layer.

I have alot of beliefs adopted from other religons and I find it hard to be friends with certian religons because alot of them disrespect my beliefs. Thats why a certain individual decided that I wasn't good enough to be her friend and turned all of my friends against me. I truely hate religon.

Sorry if I've already posted this up ;)

I'm Mormon (LDS ( Latter Day Saint) )

If you have any questions about it, PM me or something

That's cool Imbored ! Now I know another member of the church ^_^

-NINJA

I'm not really big on religion or anything.... but I know that I am a christian/catholic (are they the same thing?) lol

basically...I believe in god, I've never read the bible, I don't go to church, that's it. ^_^

... but I know that I am a christian/catholic (are they the same thing?) lol
Christians worship Jesus Christ. Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity.

They are not the same thing exactly... let's just say that all Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholic ;)

i forget if i replied to here

but i'm a jew who doesn't believe in god :eek: .

don't want to tell the story again.

Religion isn't just sitting in church all day. I dont even go to church. Many religions don't go to a church, or anything simular
I'm mainly speaking about christianity. I'm sorry, i just don't really believe what the bible says. It has never been my favorite. I'm not saying all christianity is is church, i just wouldnt wanna go to church. plus, i dont agree with it.

I'm mormon so i count as christian..... :blink:
wow hi. so kewl there are other mormons out there tho im not actually

my mom was born and bred mormon, but she left the church when she was in her 20s and then i was never brought up with any faith... but all my cousins are mormon that i <3 and ive been to church like twice... :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back