What Is Your Religion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Christian.
smile.gif

Non- denominational Christian, and proud !

I dunno, I guess some people could call me a hardcore Christian, but I don't think so .

Technically I'm Roman Catholic. Not that I adhere to that strictly at all in any way. I believe in some sort of higher power, but I don't take the Bible word for word and think of it more as an updated version of Asop's Fables - A collection of stories used to teach people about life lessons. (to be honest, there are a lot of dysfunctional families in the Bible LOL)

I don't mind others coming to my home and telling me about their religion and sharing their beliefs, but it annoys me when they ask if I will be reborn again in their church and faith. (I live in Utah - Mormon capital of the world and they send missionaries out often. I don't insult them or mean any disrespect when they visit, but I'm good as I am) It also makes me feel bad when my husband and I are not looked upon the same way since we aren't their religion and don't attend their church.... :<

Just out of curiosity, are people just saying that they are Christian cause they don't really know what religion they are, or are they saying it as they are non-denominational. Cause the term "Christian" actually umbrellas a whole boat load of religions. Just wondering, cause when someone asks me I say Catholic, even though I could say "Christian"...

-Purn

I'm Catholic. Even thought I don't go to church every Sunday and whatnot, I still consider myself a religious person because I pray daily and I believe in Catholic ways. I respect all others religions though!

Lately I've actually been becoming closer to God, since my new religion teacher is great and now I'm remembering to talk to Him before I go to sleep too. Not to pray for anything, I usually just thank Him for everything He's given me. xP

I'm a old world Celtic Pagan. I worship a Goddess and a God, and believe in many other deities especially Celtic ones. I don't believe in Satan, hurt people, or animals. I also practice witchcraft which goes hand in hand with my religious beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an atheist.

I think there are beautiful stories and teachings in most religions, but it really bothers me when I am confronted about not being Christian. I usually try to avoid the subject to avoid conflict.

Someone who works with me subscribes to this jehovas witness magazine, and has it sent to my job for some awful reason. The cover is always something like "EVOLUTION LOL WUT" or "ARE GAYS RUINING SOCIETY?YUP". I absolutely hate it, even though they just leave them all over the place passively, it feels weirdly antagonistic. I never would say anything, but I just hate that behavior. I would never bring my propaganda into a workplace, it's unprofessional. Maybe I am unreasonable, I just feel that way.

Well, I'm not religious, but I'm not atheist, if that makes sense. Like, I don't deny the existence of God, but like, I don't strongly believe in God either. So I don't know what I am.

I have a lot of Christian friends, and I go to church events with them pretty often, and I actually find it pretty interesting.

I am a Christian, therefore I believe in God, however I do occasionally doubt the existence of the Biblical figures such as God himself and Jesus, etc. etc. :newmametchi:

So I guess I am half-Christian/half-Atheist? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back