What Is Your Religion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud Christian. :)

I'm actually a very strong believer but I don't like going to church.

Mostly because some of the things churches say doesn't make sense to me.

I am a Roman Catholic Christian. I am really proud of my religion. Quite the opposite about its history, though. People that governed my Church were really stupid back then.

Don't worry when discussing religion with me, though. I accept every religion and their beliefs except the inhumane ones. I am somewhat of a radical within my Church.

pantheist :)

i believe that there is no god, but the closest thing to one is the earth, and we should treat the earth as if it were a god. same goes for the rest of the universe. we are made of stars, after all.

That's actually an interesting belief, never heard of it before.

Aaaanyway, I'm one of them Atheists.

I'm agnostic because I don't fully believe that God made the world in 7 days but I do appreciate that others do but then i also wonder that something/someone must have created the big bang which makes me wonder if there is a God.

Catholic-Christian... I do go to church every Sunday but listening to an old man groan in front of a fancy table doesn't exactly do it for me. ;)

Atheist. I think I spelled that right. It's when you don't believe in any god and don't go to church. My family is all different religions...my mom is Hindu, I'm atheist, my dad is agnostic and my brother is not decided. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really know. I would like to think there is a god, but I sorta believe in reincarnation. But who knows? Even though I am a man of science, we don't know what lies beyond our universe. We don't know if the idea of a God is impossible. If we ever discover a god, we might discover a new way of thinking that makes sense. I believe in evolution and reincarnation, and something that I hate is the ignorance of some people who refuse to comprehend that maybe the bible is wrong. But then again I'm not saying that no other members of religions other than christianity have this trait. I guess what I mean is, I believe in what I believe in. I reckon I shouldn't join other religions, because God would of given us our own way of thinking, to influence the world today because everything happens for a reason. God might of intended us to have our own way of understanding things, each and every one of us, because like I said before, everything happens for a reason.

:}

I'm happy to be Catholic. God accepts me because he loves me, and I love Him.

Someone on the first page of this thread said, "Some of the things in the Bible don't make sense. If Adam and Eve were real, then people would be marrying brothers and sisters, and there would be all kinds of genetic problems"

but in old times, people used to take the Bible word for word and "Shout God's word from the rooftops" and literally go onto their roof and scream the Bible. But you're not supposed to take anything in the Bible literally. Each time you read a passage, God has a message for you, and you'll understand it. But you can't just say, "OK, let's see if this works" and flip through a Bible.

I've gotten so many messages form the Bible and I love how it's all a mystery.

Also, the 2 creation stories contradict each other completely. That's kinda why you can't take them LITERALLY.

The creation stories don't actually tell how God created the Universe or anything. That is ridiculous. He didn't create the world in 7 days either.

He did create the Big Bang, and if you looks into LIFE and things, and realize how amazing everything is, how perfectly programmed it is, how fantastically real it is, and how many more mysteries there are to unlock, you kind of HAVE to believe that something powerful out there created it all.

And there are still billions of galaxies we may never reach. Probably millions of planets holding life. It would be stupid if only ONE planet had life. And there doesn't have to be giant dinosaurs, maybe an amoeba is what I'm talking about.

And I don't know if my God is real or not. But I believe in Him and I love Him and He does wonders for me. Maybe Buddha is the one we're supposed to worship.

I mean, I believe that all other Gods are real, but it's weird how I feel about them. They must have SOME sort of power, since they create all sorts of miracles for others. Or maybe it's one God in disguise. We don't know.

Atheist4ever. I just can not see anything else as rational. One day, people may not even have the religions we today, one day, our modern day religions will be like greek and roman gods, lol. I do love a little debating though, so feel free to pm, if you're like me (most likely not..XD).

I am a Spiritual Satanist. Emphasis on the SPIRITUAL part. We are totally different than the LaVey Satanists who sacrifice goats and babies or whatever. We are about enlightenment. The only reason I'm explaining this is so I don't get any hate for no reason. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back