What Is Your Religion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you see that there is no logic. Say the big bang theory and everything is true you still need something to start it.

Alright, you say a "spark". But how can it come from nowhere. There must be some kind of superhuman, who is not limited to anything, who can do this.

There is NO OTHER WAY.

And it's the Bible that fits in with this. And the Bible clearly doesn't talk about God as just a spark, but as a creator, who demands things from His creation.
I'm saying that some believe God is what started the Big Bang. They believe he's not a superhuman, but just a superbeing. You'll have to ask them exactly what they think he is, because I don't know, I'm an atheist so I don't believe that.

I personally am an atheist, but still believe in God.

The problem is that I believe religion has caused more problems than it has solved.

Umm, not to be rude, but the point of being an atheist is *not* believing in God or some other holy being out there. So if you believe in God.. you're not an athesit.

I'm an atheist, I guess. Don't really care about that whole religion thing.

Religious tolerance...?
Amat Gotchi, I am so sick of it.

You calling yourself a christian, but tolerating this?

I tolerate other people's religion, but this isn't really a religion. ANYONE with a bit of good morals knows that a satanist has a serious problem.

It's these kind of people that God will definitely send to hell unless they repent.

I tolerate other people's religion, but this isn't really a religion. ANYONE with a bit of good morals knows that a satanist has a serious problem.

It's these kind of people that God will definitely send to hell unless they repent.
Wait a moment... :(

Before you judge a person based on their religion, why not find out a little bit about it? You already know how to use Google to explain your own beliefs - why not spend a few minutes reading up on the basics of another belief?

You don't like being judged for being a Christian, how about affording another fellow human the same level of respect you would like for yourself? (Matthew: Chaper 7, Verse 12)

The way you have accused one member of not being in a "real" religion and another member of "calling themselves a Christian" suggests much more about the kind of person you are than those people you are aiming your comments towards.

This doesn't mean that a member is not "messing" with you and posting a reply designed to provoke you but you know the site rules well enough - if you think that's what is going on here and someone is trolling, don't react - just report the post - it's all in the site rules - I recommend everyone take a moment to refresh their memories regarding posting replies on the TamaTalk forums.

Atheist.
I never really cared about religion, to be honest, however, I'm totally fine with those who do. On the other hand, I cannot tolerate people who force others to believe in a religion, then spew petty insults to those who refuse.

...To be honest, it's not like atheism is wrong or evil. It's not like I'm gonna go around saying, "I hate *insert religion*, so I'll berid them all."

Last edited by a moderator:
Agnostic . Trust and pray to jesus but i am not following any religion :)

because i love piece and does not discriminate against race, ethnicity, and religion. I love all religion. they have their own thoughts and goals that shape their personalities better. love your neighbor and love yourself,do everything that is good for you and not harm others.

Last thing i want to say:

"Hatred and conflict are often rooted in differences between people of different races and religions. We all need to respect people of different races as well as people of different faiths and religions. We need to unite by recognizing our common desire and need for a harmonious society -- a society in which we and our children and families and friends and communities can all live our lives in peace and harmony. Regardless of our race or religion, we all want and need such social harmony."

Last thing i want to say:

"Hatred and conflict are often rooted in differences between people of different races and religions. We all need to respect people of different races as well as people of different faiths and religions. We need to unite by recognizing our common desire and need for a harmonious society -- a society in which we and our children and families and friends and communities can all live our lives in peace and harmony. Regardless of our race or religion, we all want and need such social harmony."
That's a quote from a Hindu guru, right?

Why don't you bother finding out what a LaVeyan Satanist actually is before you start attacking people for their beliefs?

"Satanism begins with atheism. We begin with the universe and say, “It’s indifferent. There’s no God, there’s no Devil. No one cares!” So you then have to make a decision that places yourself at the center of your own subjective universe, because of course we can’t have any kind of objective contact with everything that exists. That’s rather arrogant and delusional..."

Article

Why though?

I'd love to know why you find my religion intolerable and illegitimate. What I believe has nothing to do with you, why act so hostile towards something which doesn't affect you and saying it "isn't really a religion" is extremely offensive.

Calling us "these kinds of people" with a "serious problem" and saying we have bad morals is discriminating and abusive. You know very little about us as people and, even though I am not a representation of every single LeVeyan Satanist so I cannot speak for all of us, I would never act as hostile to others as you have to me. You are being a bully and quite frankly, outright discriminating.

I did not discriminate against you, nor did I question your beliefs so what gives you the right to question mine?

I have looked it up before posting anything.

I do not hate anyone here, btw. Not saying I do not dislike some people.

The thing is, satanism is not just atheism. It's a few big steps back and mocks the Christian religion.(Talking about tolerance).

Instead of not believing they use a bad "thing" out of another religion to symbolize themselves.

I'm not sure if some people are blind here, but that's pretty sick and immoral.

However, * removed - site rules - naming and shaming *.

The easy path is to be "friends" with everyone and avoid discussion.

Anyway, * removed - site rules - insulting - including other religions *

And if people want to push me to this "friends with everybody"/avoid discussion thing, then I rather leave Tamatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back