What Is Your Religion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this post makes me so angry everytime i read it. i don't understand why everyone gets shut down as soon as they start to get defensive but stefan is allowed to bash homosexuality and say it's a sin. most of you probably don't give much of a dang at all but i am seriously offended. i don't understand why some OT rules don't "apply anymore" but others do? seems to me like ya get to make up your own rules. small minded people wont get very far in this world. just saying

I believe in haruhism lol just kidding I don't really believe in a religion in my opinion I see the bible as really the how to be a good person for dummies. I mean back then there would have been no laws so of course something was needed to be made in order to keep people from going ballistic and out of order therefore the bible came into matter. I think people have taken it too literally when it could've just been something to stop people from being stupid.

I respect everyone's beliefs as I know some people need a religion in their life but for me I'm happy just going through my life without worrying whether I'm living in "sin" or not and thinking to myself whether I'm being a good person.

I think something or whatever created the earth but I don't think humans were just put here and that's it but we evolved, in any case I think everyone should just be them and need to learn what they should and shouldn't be doing but if people need religion for that well I respect them regardless of what they choose or who they are.

*tiny warning label reads: "abrasive person wrote something silly"*

Oh, it's Christmas Eve again.

Another day with friends tomorrow? I don't know. Christmas Day has been a relatively pleasant experience. I get together with those that don't celebrate and we have a grand time.
To you, dear reader, it may seem like just another long day of relaxed conversation, but I love every minute of it.

Anywho, have I told you I'm atheist? I wasn't always one. I left my faith, actually. I was a big fan of Christianity back in elementary school. Oh, it's as if those days were yesterday...
One year, a friend's grandmother, being a missionary, thought it would be a good idea to give me a bible of my own (with my name engraved on it!) I'd only read a few passages here and there, and was quite ready to sit down and pull an all-nighter to read the thing. Long story short, once I had read the whole thing, I was rather disappointed. I found the stories ridiculous. The text contradicted itself more times than I bothered to count.

It wasn't the contradictions alone that made me decide to leave the faith. The bible is an excoriating portrait of the Lord. It's almost like he needs us to worship him. Reading the bible made me realize the implications of what was accepted as the truth. For example, one is damned (because of their sins) if one does not believe in God/Jesus Christ and make Him your one deity. This makes absolutely no sense. That would be like a firefighter not rescuing a man from a burning building because the man doesn't believe the firefighter is ready to save him. (By the way, the firefighter started the fire.)

I don't even know if I want to say what I just typed. Feel free to rip on me all you want; I've got a bunch of stuff to worry about, so I won't notice. I'm having a mediocre evening (if that can be said about evenings)

Argue away, if you dare read that massive monolith wall of text
^see? feeling extra jerky today, too

More jerkiness:

religion is regarded by the common people as true (at least, back then?)

the wise as false (at least... way back when?)
and rulers as useful (4EVER)

I'm an atheist because the bible is poorly written? -Ish?

Doesn't make for a convincing story

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly have no idea what religion I am. I... guess I'm Christian? My family was never really very religious, though I was taught growing up that there is a God and Jesus was the Savior. That's about it, though. I've never been baptized or gone to church, plus I disagree with a lot of stuff the Bible says, so would that mean I'm not actually a Christian?

I don't know. Religion is a confusing thing and I usually don't think about it too much. Eastern religions like Buddhism interest me a great deal, though.

I could say I'm a Christian, but I don't feel that adhering to any one religion is a great idea. Maybe I'm a cafeteria Christian.

Or I could amend that by saying that I try to learn from various religions.

I used to be a lot more Christian, but a lot of stuff has come up throughout my life that made me less trusting of pretty much everything.

But your religion should be your religion; not some set of beliefs that someone has pushed on you.

I consider myself to be polytheistic and panentheistic with a healthy dose of skepticism...

I don't have a religion (nor do I want to be associated with any at all, let alone Atheism), but if a term must be applied to me, I guess I'd be Agnostic.

I find myself thinking and behaving like a Christian in case the Christian God is real, and due to my personal experiences and reflections on life, I'm convinced he is. At some times I'm strongly certain he is real but at other times I feel doubt; I used to be atheist and then agnostic so I guess that's why I'm still a little confused. I've changed a lot since I found the faith and I don't care whether the Bible is a bunch of baloney, I'm just happy now and I agree with the teachings and find the stories inspirational :)

I'd rather believe in God and the Bible without being right than disbelieve them and go to Hell :U

I'm an atheist.
Although technically I am christened when I was born.
But my parents weren't really religious so it was more of a tradition thing as everyone in the family was christened.
And partially for my nanna as she's religious.

im like the only jew here

i used to go to jewish private school from kindergarten to second grade.

still, my thoughts on the torah are pretty mixed. the kabbalah is more interesting to me, looking deeper into judaism than surface level, unlike the torah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back