What Is Your Religion?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally atheïst. The reason is i think religion causes war. Some people just can't bear with people having an other religion. So thats the reason. I tolerate and accept all religions. Satanism Chatolism i don't care! I accept it. And i think everyone should.

If religion didn't exist, there would still be war.

The world would actually be a better place if everyone followed the Bible because it is against rape, murder, etc, and devout Chrisitians have much better morals and most of them wouldn't do such things.

Before I became Christian, I self-harmed and killed animals.

I don't rape and i don't kill. So are you saying i Shouf become christian?There are also christians who do that. But anyways that are rules and i mean by law. There are more religions against this and non-religious people too. Yeah there would be still war of course. But not about religion. There is a right religion and thats your choice. I hate it when people hate eachother cuz of their religion.

Last edited by a moderator:
If religion didn't exist, there would still be war.

The world would actually be a better place if everyone followed the Bible because it is against rape, murder, etc, and devout Chrisitians have much better morals and most of them wouldn't do such things.

Before I became Christian, I self-harmed and killed animals.
I'd agree on the New Testament for the most part, but I wouldn't say that worldwide adherence to the Old Testament could make the world better. Before you object, consider, for instance, what actions the Old Testament says are worthy of death. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Actions_punishable_by_death_in_the_Old_Testament

I don't think religion is necessary, personally. I don't mind if people practice their religions, but when someone tortures others (or themself) in the name of religion, uses religion as an excuse for stupidity, or the like, they need to take a step back and look at reality.

And i also am atheist i simply don't believe in him. Religion isn't always good for example Apotasy. That just makes me go WHAT??? And i also don't like the extremo's who hate Gays.

Atheist/agnostic.

Religion is the cause of much hate in this world. If we were all atheists, that hate would be eliminated and we could start working on other problems :3

I'm not saying that this is truly plausible

you can't take away religion

just if there WAS no religion it'd be much easier

(and yes, we could ALL be Buddhist or Christian :3 my personal views are different from yours so I said atheist)

Im Christian, i respect Athiests, but i hate it when they making stupid irritating jokes, for example, a guy went up to me at school today and said; do you know what the biggest joke on earth is? Christianity

I almost snapped >_>

Atheist/agnostic.

Religion is the cause of much hate in this world. If we were all atheists, that hate would be eliminated and we could start working on other problems :3
I agree (kind of ^_^ ). The majority of the world's current conflicts are indeed centred around religion. However, humankind will always find something to argue about. My hope is that there will one day be true freedom of religion, which will see the end of the religious persecution that plagues our world.

Yeah thinking that all people should have the same religion/non-religion is the reason war exists in the first place. So people should be promoting tolerance of everyone's belief and disbelief. :)

Yes i have to say that in my opinion Christianity is not good. Why? well this verse is enough for me.

[SIZE=large]4) Laws of Rape[/SIZE] (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her

WHAT? God lets a rapist marry his victim? But what about the victim what?

Religion is shoved down my throat regulary. It even happened today. I also have seen alot of people bullying people for their Religion. Atheists got bullied.

I am fine with religion but i had some bad experinces with it.

No i am not meaning to hate any religious people here. Only the extremo's in fact most religious people here on Tamatalk are friendly and awesome. I just wanted to say why i am Atheist.

(previous comments removed - inflammatory / provocative.)

No i am not meaning to hate any religious people here. Only the extremo's in fact most religious people here on Tamatalk are friendly and awesome. I just wanted to say why i am Atheist.
If you don't intend to offend anyone here it is probably not a good idea to start your post with a comment about how a specific religion is "bad" - just saying.

It's probably not a good idea either to base your opinion about a whole religion on just one passage from an ancient text.

I've left your on-topic reply visible in this quote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sinercly sorry for this. If it was too much i will leave this topic and go back to other topics.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion thread?

I believe BitBot was merely using the quote as an example, just one of the things that was (in her opinion) not good about Christianity. I've seen much worse posts, and I don't think this one was necessarily "inflammatory/provocative", it was stating an opinion and using evidence. Entirely civil and not hating on Christians at all.

If I'm totally wrong, excuse me.

Just my thoughts.

This is a thread for stating your religion, not saying why you don't like other religions as that can cause flame wars. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back