What kind of books really annoy you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confusing Comic Books That I have To Read Backwards Or Upside Down

Choose Your Own Adventure Book For Teens (Fun when I was a kid..but no)

Where everyone is "perfect" and everything will be "okay"

Scary Stories that really aren't very scary

Popular/Elite/A-list/etc books, so not the real world

Really big letters or really small letters

Things that you can't wrap your mind around..since the story is too crazy to ever imagine

Choose Your Own Adventure Book For Teens (Fun when I was a kid..but no)

Where everyone is "perfect" and everything will be "okay"

Scary Stories that really aren't very scary

Popular/Elite/A-list/etc books, so not the real world

Really big letters or really small letters

Things that you can't wrap your mind around..since the story is too crazy to ever imagine
Oooh, I have a reaction to some of those.

Hatehate confusing comic books. Manga bugs me about the fact you have to read it backwards. D< But I still kinda like it.

Choose your own adventure books; I've never really liked them. They take 5 minutes to read, lol.

Big letters make me wanna pull my hair out. xD

Things you can't wrap your mind around... I was readin the Inuyasha manga and going all wtf over it. I couldn't imagine a THING like that happening. How can he fly? He has no wings, and junk like that.

i agree. but ONE EXEPTION-----

[SIZE=21pt]GARFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

Well, first off I don't like books where all its about are these teenage girls who go to school and there's these other girls who are mean and try to steal their crushes and such other things. I mean, its the most horrid and boring thing ever. I cannot believe actually used to like Lizzie McGuire.

I also don't like books that drag the story out for like half the book, and then suddenly it ends.

I love fantasy, but only the ones that aren't just your typical plot of "a bad dude is trying to take over the world and only this one 10-year-old can save everyone with almost no effort" or something. I mean can't the author think of anything else to put in?

And those old books where all the people are good-two-shoes' and always exclaiming things like "Oh! Its so wonderful!" and stuff really bugs me.>>

Oh! and books with these types of characters (mostly in fantasy):

The witty and somewhat bratty girl who outsmarts everyone but is almost usless when it comes to fighting bad guys (or something... its a bit hard to explain)

The boy who has no idea what to do and just wings it all the time and always gets everything right by accident, and is basically a really boring person. With like, nothing interesting or talented about them.

The very evil but STUPID bad dude. the kind that always trips and lands in animal poo, or throws something away and it hits something else and bounces back to hit them in the head, knocking them out. the kind that has some secret fear of something really dumb like rabbits, and gets beaten super-easy because of it, and cries for his mommy. I hate that type of villain more then anything in books. :p I mean, you can't even take them seriously!!

-Flame

Last edited by a moderator:
The very evil but STUPID bad dude. the kind that always trips and lands in animal poo, or throws something away and it hits something else and bounces back to hit them in the head, knocking them out. the kind that has some secret fear of something really dumb like rabbits, and gets beaten super-easy because of it, and cries for his mommy. I hate that type of villain more then anything in books. :D I mean, you can't even take them seriously!!
-Flame
I hate the stupid bad dudes. It's ok in one or two books but not in like, every fantasy book ever written. It doesn't amuse me at all.

I hate fantasies that are like, well, obviously the good guys are going to win like "Can Bob stop the evil super villian before it's too late?" and then you're like "YES THEY WILL!!! JEEZ!!!" It's like the author get's dead attached to the character. I wish that some day, evil will beat good. I'm writing a book about vampires and the vampires win :( sorry I had to say that.

another:

Where its like "OH NOES! THERE'S A HAIR IN MY SOUP! WHAT.AM.I.GOING.TO.DO?!? D:"

N' im like "......take it out >_>"

Well the books that really bother me the most are Harry Potter books.I just think it's weird with all the magic and witch craft it has in it.

No offense to harry potter lovers,but I think it is from the darkside and it is demonized with all the little creatures and things.

I think it's one of those books that hypnotize you to think it's good but it is not.

So yeah,thats what I think.
From the darkside? Hypnotize? Demonized? They are just books. Normal books. Sorry if this is offending but still that sounds a bit rediculous.

From the darkside? Hypnotize? Demonized? They are just books. Normal books. Sorry if this is offending but still that sounds a bit rediculous.
Umm, justbecause someone says they dont like a book, dosent mean you lash out at them. I love the HP books, and Im not lashing at Tama ._.

Oh yeah, Im reading Bridge to Teribithia in school. A wonderful book, but my teacher says `Read this _____(my name :wacko: )`

*reads*

`Now again.and agian.and agian`

Seriously, I now hate BTT D:

Umm, justbecause someone says they dont like a book, dosent mean you lash out at them. I love the HP books, and Im not lashing at Tama ._.
Oh I didn't meen to be rude. I respect her opinion. Just the words she used in it and how she described what she thinks they are like kind of sounded a bit rediculous to me. I wasn't trying to be mean.

Well, first off I don't like books where all its about are these teenage girls who go to school and there's these other girls who are mean and try to steal their crushes and such other things. I mean, its the most horrid and boring thing ever. I cannot believe actually used to like Lizzie McGuire.
I also don't like books that drag the story out for like half the book, and then suddenly it ends.

I love fantasy, but only the ones that aren't just your typical plot of "a bad dude is trying to take over the world and only this one 10-year-old can save everyone with almost no effort" or something. I mean can't the author think of anything else to put in?

And those old books where all the people are good-two-shoes' and always exclaiming things like "Oh! Its so wonderful!" and stuff really bugs me.>>

Oh! and books with these types of characters (mostly in fantasy):

The witty and somewhat bratty girl who outsmarts everyone but is almost usless when it comes to fighting bad guys (or something... its a bit hard to explain)

The boy who has no idea what to do and just wings it all the time and always gets everything right by accident, and is basically a really boring person. With like, nothing interesting or talented about them.

The very evil but STUPID bad dude. the kind that always trips and lands in animal poo, or throws something away and it hits something else and bounces back to hit them in the head, knocking them out. the kind that has some secret fear of something really dumb like rabbits, and gets beaten super-easy because of it, and cries for his mommy. I hate that type of villain more then anything in books. :huh: I mean, you can't even take them seriously!!

-Flame
Haha topic bump.

You took the words right out of my mouth on that first one.

About the ones that drag out the story and it suddently ends... Eragon, anyone? o.o I mean, for like 400 pages it's all neeeeehhhh. Then in like 60 pages so much goes on, and I'm like "woah. o.o".

I like some of the typical fantasies. Dragon Rider really fits that category. It was okay, but geez. Firestar is another. It was so annoying that... they state the obvious. I mean, honestly.

"Oh geez, I don't know why his wings are blue!" Well guess what brainless, he's some type of special dragon thing.

The witty, bratty girl... Never heard of her in books. Wait, yes I have. Sorrel from Dragon Rider. Oh well.

The boy who has no idea. Like Ben from Dragon Rider.

And don't forget, we have that classic hot-headed girl in every book that kicks butt.

^It's not really bumping unless it's more than three months old.

Anyway I hate the ones that are like...well 100 pages of one conversation or something like that and the conversation just drags and the people say like, loads and qoute what others say I mean no one can remember EXACTLY what others say like...a year ago unless it's something reeeally interesting, which most of the time it isn't. And when you can't imagine the story like...well it's hard to explain. You know like a horse is flying and it doesn't have any wings or whatever. Oh yeah, and autobiographies of Emos I mean stop moaning and droning about how 'terrible' your life is with overly discripted descriptions. Jeez

the kind where one moment the charactor is having the best time of their lives, dancing, hanging out with friends,

turn the page,

whoops. they died.

ones that go too fast are just obnoxiouse.

The series where the author(s) make everything so 'interesting' and 'dramtic' that it becomes 'a regular thing' like, it happens so much, that it seems like...(hard to explain)

So the title says it all...
The books that annoy me are...

1. Those books where their lives are all PERFECT!!!! Then one little thing goes wrong like they loose a shoe or something then the whole books about it like, OMFG!!! I'VE LOST MY SHOE!!! I'M GONNA DIE!!! I mean what's the point in writing a book like THAT?!

2. MODERN books that are wrote with words like "for" and "in which" and "thus" and I'm like "OMG GET OUT OF THE DARK AGES!!!" It's ok if the books are like, Victorian or their like an autobiography of a victorian person.

3. Baby books that have like, ten pages with [SIZE=21pt]huge chunky writing like this[/SIZE] and it's like "Dad jumped into the pool" *next page* "Mum jumped into the pool" *next page* "Rosie jumped into the pool" *next page* "Sam jumped into the pool" *the end* I mean I understand that it's for babies but maybe they could try to make them atleast a little more interesting. And also it's wrote on BIG CHUNKY CARDBOARD. Jeez some people must hate the enviroment.

4. Books in dead short sentences like "Bob is a fish. Sally is a fish too. They both live in the sea." because it's pretty simple to say "Bob is a fish and so is Sally and they both live in the sea" because short sentences make it look like it's wrote by a FIVE year old.

5. Books that go too fast like one minute two kids are walking to school then the next minute their getting attacked by a murderer then the murderer's a werewolf or something. I wrote one stupid like that once but I changed it then I quit it. Forget it existed.
i agree with number one

Latest posts

Back