What kind should I buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetchi248

Reaction score
I'm am going to buy a Tamagotchi soon on Amazon and I was wondering if you people could tell me which version I should buy? I want a Tamagotchi that is fun to play with and a decent price. Can you help me?

I'm running my v3, v4.5, and v5 and I must say, between those three the v4.5 is probably my favorite. It should still be cheap (it's not that old).

But What I like about it is that you can go to school/work, earning points is fast and easy(400-500 when you beat a game!) which means you can get more items from the shop faster, you get visits from the king (he gives me points a couple of times a day (sometimes up to 1100!), when you press the last button (your tama must be at least a teen) your tama will get closer and you can see better details on your character (really cute!), you can travel to different areas when you buy tickets (my tama went to Canada about a week ago), it can connect with tamatown online (that's where you can get your souvineres from the places you visit), has a pause feature, comes in cool many different cases, your characters never have to die if you take good care of them and marry them off (I'm on my 4th generation now, just keep your tamas reproducing), and for me it's fairly easy upkeep. :3

I would suggest the v2, v3, v4, or v4.5

My first was the v2 so naturally I'm more attatched to it and it's one of my favorite versions

The v3 is really fun with 6 different games and a lot of different characters you can get

The v4 and v4.5 are very similar. They are slightly (not much, just slightly) larger than the v2 and v3. It is very similar to the v3 but it has more characters, less games, but the mail and school/job system is really fun. Also, TamaTown for the v4 and v4.5 is much more worthwhile.

So it is really up to you.

I do not suggest the v1, v5, v5.5, music star, or tmg.

There are also the old generation Tamas and the Japanese Tamas (there's color~).

Okay, Thanks you guys! I just wanted you opinion, I think I might buy, 2 Music start, 1 famitama, 2 v4.5 and a Tamago with 4 character attachments, I have a Tamago, But I want them to marry and connect. Thanks everyone!

I reccomend music star, v4, and tamago

The tamago is really fun, especially if you're running it with other Tamas. The figures make it super fun and the Tamatown is the best. It has super nice characters, too!

The music star is the same, except it needs a lot of care which is good if you're bored a lot. Good characters, bands, tamatown, but it's kind of hard to determine the adult characters.

I like the concept of the V4 with school, work, skill points and such, and the secret characters are adorable. I had to stop it, though, because I kept getting the same characters. Not ONE kutchi male!!! xP

Do not pick the V5/.5. Trust me... xP

I wouldn't suggest a 5. They were just really boring and too easy to take care of. You could get infinite food and never play a game the whole time you had it. My picks would be a v4 or 4.5 and the Tamago's are pretty fun.

I haven't had a tamagotchi since my v2 when I was younger and I was wondering what the best one to get nowadays is. I'm really fond of the brilliant graphics on the latest Tama-Go series, but I find them too bulky and would prefer something that lies flat on it's back. Anyone know of a model that's both slimmer like the originals, but offers the highest quality graphics like the latest version? Thanks so much for all your help.

p.s. And is also in English. Originally I wanted to go with the Tamagotchi ID/Tamagotchi +Color but I won't be learning Japanese anytime soon ;)

I'm in a current dilemma of deciding which tamaogtchi to get as well! Although, i have decided that i will go for the colour ones no matter what. I'd played with the older b/w ones before. They are fun, but since i haven't been playing it for a long time, and this time i want to go a long time playing, i decided i want the colour because it's such a big jump from before.

Also, about learning the Japanese, i'm currently studying Certificate 3 for Japanese, but my Japanese is terrible. I remember navigating a tamagotchi that was in japanese when i was 7 years old. If i could handle it then and not know what it was talking about, now that i'm 20something, i'm sure it can't hurt (yes, i am old. T_T).

With a lot of the youtube videos i've seen so far, it appears that the JApanese isn't really too hard to decipher, as a lot of it is in Katakana. If you just read that phonetically, it's actually almost the same as english! :D But if not, when i was a kid, i just kept pressing stuff until my tamagotchi was happy~, so, i don't think it'll be a big difference this time...

But there's my 2 cents. :)

p.s if i wasn't so hell bent on getting a colour, i was gonna get the 3 tamatown ones from amazon that added to $50 all together. I wanted more than one, so the tamagotchis can interact with each other. So it does depend on what you really want out of it. I want the cute stuff, the colour, the melt-your-heart cute animations, thus i wanted the colour ones.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE!

I just recently got a v4.5 and a v3 iused to have av4 and before that I had one of the really small ones that did not connect.

I must say v4.5 is my favorite, it has more features, like school, pc mode, and more than v3 and some people complain about the light switch, but it dosnt matter.

If you are not looking to connect much with friends, and are willing to sacrifice some features (I don't remember wat features) that get the mini b/c it's much cheaper.

Its always fun to get two b/c you can mate them and have two babies then see both generations grow on!!!

That's just my opinion so make sure you choose wisely, and get different versions in the future, that way you have a vareiety!!!!

Byeee!! :furawatchi:

I could say that if you have a good wallet(the amount of money that you can spend) I would recommend the tamagotchi iD L. I know it's expensive, but the color screen is absolutely gorgeous. There are a LOT of characters to raise. Your tamagotchi can have a pet to be with. A lot of places. It's really good to me. There are more things. I have to say that character grows up to fast. If you raise it for 5 days, it will probably marry. I have a v4, v4.5, v5, 2 v6's, 2 tamagos, and finally the tamagotchi iD L. So I know which ones are fun to play with. It's just my opinion. :)

I could say that if you have a good wallet(the amount of money that you can spend) I would recommend the tamagotchi iD L. I know it's expensive, but the color screen is absolutely gorgeous. There are a LOT of characters to raise. Your tamagotchi can have a pet to be with. A lot of places. It's really good to me. There are more things. I have to say that character grows up to fast. If you raise it for 5 days, it will probably marry. I have a v4, v4.5, v5, 2 v6's, 2 tamagos, and finally the tamagotchi iD L. So I know which ones are fun to play with. It's just my opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back