What religion are you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anti-religion.

*Heather's opinion time!*

To me, all religion is is believing in some higher power to take care of you when you're upset instead of sucking it up and dealing with it yourself. It's depending on some mythical character in a fictional storybook to make you happy, but threaten you with the thought of burning in hell if you don't follow a specific set of rules.

Im christian.... but I don't normally go to church at all. My friend critisises me about that. -.-

-Spongeboby

I'm Chirstian! I'm a babtist and this very night my church had a movie night! We watched facing the giants! it almost meade me cry it was sooo happy and sad! It kinda reminded me of my life bt they where a bit worse. You should really see it if you haven't!

Athiest. My friend keeps bugging me about it too. She's always like "I hope you don't go to hell."

I still believe in moral value though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm anti-religion.
*Heather's opinion time!*

To me, all religion is is believing in some higher power to take care of you when you're upset instead of sucking it up and dealing with it yourself. It's depending on some mythical character in a fictional storybook to make you happy, but threaten you with the thought of burning in hell if you don't follow a specific set of rules.
Agreed. I am an athiest btw

Im LDS. (church of jesus christ of latter day saints)

my main beleifs are the Ten Commandments and the Articles of Faith.

Articles of faith: Written by the first Latter Day prophet, Joseph Smith:We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

1.We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.

2.We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

3.We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

4.We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

5.We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

6.We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

7.We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

8.We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

9.We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

10.We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

11.We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

12.We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

-Joseph Smith

Don't judge me by my religoin though.

Ok, if you don't mind, I have a question about LDS.

Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins?

yes. And we beleive in the atonement. And that he was risen again. So he is NOT dead any more.

yes. And we beleive in the atonement. And that he was risen again. So he is NOT dead any more.
There is some difference between say, a baptist, then a mormon- do you know the difference? I know we believe something different, but I can't remember what it was.

Babtist I think beleives that Jesus, God, and The holy ghost are the same person. And they focus more on His death than the resurrection. And we don't agree on doctrines. And our religoun has the preistood.

Babtist I think beleives that Jesus, God, and The holy ghost are the same person. And they focus more on His death than the resurrection. And we don't agree on doctrines. And our religoun has the preistood.
I remember what it was.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mormons don't believe that Jesus was God, but that Jesus was a man who obtained godhood right?

I'm a little bit of every religon (except mormon or LDS). No offence, but I'm not for the brainwashing. I mean, come on, they think that nursing babies is bad for the babies!!!!! How wrong is that! Anyway, I believe that God is also many Gods at once somehow. Right now I go to Trinity United Methodist, but I am most every religon because they can all be right. I believe in God and Jesus, but Jesus should not be worshipped as highly as God because he is only God's messanger, we are all God's children. You don't have to follow rules to get into heaven (except the 10 commandments), just be as good a person as you can!

*No offence to anyone here, just my opinions*

I'm Christian. I'm also of the Bahá’í faith. I'm not very religious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back