what tamagotchi to buy?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvi

Reaction score
hi, I'm new to tamatalk and I currently have one P1 original tama and I love it so much, so I'm thinking of another tamagotchi. what is a great tamagotchi besides the P1 original? I've heard of the P2 tama, nano, uni, on, and pix. let me know if there's another one you think is good. I don't know what to choose, they all look like great options to me.

I think one that is good is the iD or the iDL. I also recommend getting the pix, the smart or the uni. Maybe even an on.

hi, I'm new to tamatalk and I currently have one P1 original tama and I love it so much, so I'm thinking of another tamagotchi. what is a great tamagotchi besides the P1 original? I've heard of the P2 tama, nano, uni, on, and pix. let me know if there's another one you think is good. I don't know what to choose, they all look like great options to me.
Depends on how much you want to spend....the tamas out of production are quite pricey (in my opinion).
I have an On, Mix, Pix and Uni and I'd have to recommend the Uni or the PIX. They are pretty similar except the PIX uses batteries (and needs changing often so get rechargeable) and the Uni uses a charge chord.

The PIX uses the camera function to access codes and connect to others which is really cool. And the Uni has wifi access with current events going on.

That being said I have some older tamas which I like just as much. Once you dive into tamagotchis its hard to get just one...lol.

Depends on how much you want to spend....the tamas out of production are quite pricey (in my opinion).
I agree with this 100%. If you're not interested in spending a lot of money on older tamas, mainly the connection models and older modern models, then I would recommend Uni. I personally prefer it to the Pix mainly because it's easy to care for and it has plenty of content to engage with, especially since it gets updates through WiFi. That and it having actual buttons makes it much easier to use.

The P2 is also totally worth checking out since you enjoyed the P1. It's functionally the same, but the characters and mini game are different. Another good vintage option would be the Angelgotchi. It did have an English release, but the Japanese releases are generally much cheaper/easier to find. Since the vintage models don't have a ton of text to begin with, it's still quite easy to navigate the Japanese ones. That and there's plenty of guides online and here on Tamatalk.

Hope you find a new addition for your tama collection! happy2

I agree with this 100%. If you're not interested in spending a lot of money on older tamas, mainly the connection models and older modern models, then I would recommend Uni. I personally prefer it to the Pix mainly because it's easy to care for and it has plenty of content to engage with, especially since it gets updates through WiFi. That and it having actual buttons makes it much easier to use.

The P2 is also totally worth checking out since you enjoyed the P1. It's functionally the same, but the characters and mini game are different. Another good vintage option would be the Angelgotchi. It did have an English release, but the Japanese releases are generally much cheaper/easier to find. Since the vintage models don't have a ton of text to begin with, it's still quite easy to navigate the Japanese ones. That and there's plenty of guides online and here on Tamatalk.

Hope you find a new addition for your tama collection! happy2
Is the Uni high maintenance compared to P1? Does it have smart settings that make it more manageable? I’m also debating buying a second Tama, but I’m worried about how often I’ll have to take care of it. Raising a P1 is already a daily challenge 😅

Is the Uni high maintenance compared to P1? Does it have smart settings that make it more manageable? I’m also debating buying a second Tama, but I’m worried about how often I’ll have to take care of it. Raising a P1 is already a daily challenge 😅
It's very low maintenance in my opinion. The baby sitter is great for when you're busy and the stats are really easy to fill. It's honestly been one of my favorite tamas to run because of this along with the Smart (though the Uni is still superior in my opinion).

It's very low maintenance in my opinion. The baby sitter is great for when you're busy and the stats are really easy to fill. It's honestly been one of my favorite tamas to run because of this along with the Smart (though the Uni is still superior in my opinion).
I'd have to agree, the Uni is turning out to be one of my favorite modern tamas. It feels like the best of both the PIX and the Smart (both of which I love, the Smart was very expensive in my country though)

My favorite aspect of the Uni is the pedometer and crafting. You go on walks to get recipes and materials for crafts and it helps me get out of the house!

Thank you both! I'm going to give a shot and invest in one. I use public transport and between that walk A LOT so the pedometer will be a fun feature~
Yes! Its taken me months to save up for tamas these days, but I find its worth it. I like the long game play and look forward to checking my tamas on my breaks from work.
Glad we could help! :)

Latest posts

Back