What to do in a situation!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
---ROM TESTING---Lol, I was asking the same question six months ago. Well...here's what it is and how to do it. Mind you, don't do it if you want to keep your tama, because you can't download afterwards! Also it doesn't work on a debugged tama.

Go to the main screen, then hold down all the three buttons. Whilst holding them, use a sharp object to press the reset button. Then press A, B, and then C. This will do the pixels and icons test. Then press A twice, and put your normal tama on "Connect". If you do it right, the normal tama will either play a game or receive a present from the egg (the rom test tama).

The rom test is used in the factory to make sure the infrared is working properly, but it's a useful and entertaining trick to do even for normal tama owners. Just make sure the tama you're gonna do it on doesn't have anything you want to keep (points, items, or generations). Have fun!

Hope I helped :p

Ra,
Yes, you helped.

Yes, I know. Double post. The edit button dissapears after some time, so tough.

The Frequently Asked Questions and Their Solutions

Q: Help! There's a big X on my screen!

A: Your Tamagotchi has a low battery. Go and get a CR2032 cell battery to replace it with!

Q: I connect different version Tamagotchi and my friend list shows a black Tamagotchi with a hat!

A: That is Nazotchi. He is there because the recipient Tamagotchi does not recognize the character data. It is a bugfix and is normal behavior for the Tamagotchi.

Q: My Tamagotchi have 4 hearts in the friends list and still won't breed!

A: Keep connecting, and be patient. It'll happen eventually.

Q: I put the costume on and it won't come off!

A: When it goes to sleep, the costume will be taken off.

Added by Banoon

Q: My tama wont wake up!

A: Be patient... it'll wake up eventually

Added by SolidStar569

Q: My Tamagotchi recived Poop/snake/ect. and it get's mad!

A: Give a "Time-out" to the Tamagotchi that gave the present.

Q: Whenever I connect and give a present, theres a heart!What dose that mean?

A: That means they will mate soon.

Added by Andygal666

Q: I was connecting my tamas and one said fail but the other went off and played a game by itself!

A: This is a minor glitch, it is completely harmless and has happened to lots of people.

Added by par105

Q: My tama isn't falling in love with my friend's. Why?

A: Both tamas must be adults before they can fall in love.

Adder by hysterical_oliver

Q: Why cant I buy new items for my tama?

A: Your tama can only have so many items, you need to trash one (or eat a snack) or give one away as a present to make room for a new one

EXTRA SECTION: Uber Tamagotchi hax!

Debug Mode

Debug mode is a leftover from the development stage of your Tamagotchi product! Debug mode allows a tester who works for BanDai to check the code for the Tamagotchi and report any bugs before Tamagotchi hits shelves. Different characters can be tested individually without the need to raise the Tamagotchi to get the character. It also has a special "Hypertime" mode, which speeds up the clock. Anyway, less trivia and more instructions!

First, you are going to want to secure a spare Tamagotchi Connection, or take one you don't care for. and prepare for the operation. Find a set of precision screwdrivers, they are usually in colorful plastic boxes, and easy to spot. Next, find a safe container for the small and easy to lose screws that you will be removing from the unit. Unscrew the big screw on the battery cover in the back and remove the battery. After that, locate and unscrew the four small screws from the back, placing them in your safe place along with the red infrared cover. Now you should have the board exposed. Try not to twist the back of the shell much, as you may tear the buzzer wires and lose sound. Locate a pair of small silver semicircles labeled DEBUG on the board near the lower left of the battery contacts. Scratch these semicircles gently and carefully with a sharp #2 pencil. Push the shell back together with the battery in place to see if you did it right. you should be able to select you character with the A button when it hatches. If it does work, make sure to get the IR cover and reset button in place, and reassemble it. If it doesn't, scratch the semicircles until it does.

CONTROLS

A: Scroll through Tamagotchi species on the screen that shows you what you get from the initial egg.

B: Select. Nothing new with this button, really.

C: When no icons are selected, begins the "Hypertime" mode mentioned above, which lasts until the next major event (Pooping, no hearts filled, requesting attention, the Matchmaker's appearance, evolution, etc.).

Now you have a debugged Tamagotchi! Show your uber Nazotchi to your friends!

But wait, did you get tired of debug mode already? All you have to do is follow the above instructions, and erase the panels instead of scratching them. You Tamagotchi will resume normal operation.

ROM Test Mode (courtesy of -Ra-)

---ROM TESTING---

Lol, I was asking the same question six months ago. Well...here's what it is and how to do it. Mind you, don't do it if you want to keep your tama, because you can't download afterwards! Also it doesn't work on a debugged tama.

Go to the main screen, then hold down all the three buttons. Whilst holding them, use a sharp object to press the reset button. Then press A, B, and then C. This will do the pixels and icons test. Then press A twice, and put your normal tama on "Connect". If you do it right, the normal tama will either play a game or receive a present from the egg (the rom test tama).

The rom test is used in the factory to make sure the infrared is working properly, but it's a useful and entertaining trick to do even for normal tama owners. Just make sure the tama you're gonna do it on doesn't have anything you want to keep (points, items, or generations). Have fun!

It's getting bigger, thanks people! Hopefully, with some help, we will have a comprehensive and useful guide for Tamagotchi Connection owners worldwide!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Basics

Buttons!

A= Left button

B= Middle button

C= Right button

The goal of the Tamagotchi is to raise a little alien creature, a 'Tamagotchi', into a happy adult and hopefully, get it married and take care of its descendants. There, of course is no way to "win" at Tamagotchi, as the game goes on until your Tamagotchi dies. In such an event, it may be possible to reset and download your previous creature. But this is unconfirmed by me personally.

The Frequently Asked Questions and Their Solutions

Q: Help! There's a big X on my screen!

A: Your Tamagotchi has a low battery. Go and get a CR2032 cell battery to replace it with!

Q: I connect different version Tamagotchi and my friend list shows a black Tamagotchi with a hat!

A: That is Nazotchi. He is there because the recipient Tamagotchi does not recognize the character data. It is a bugfix and is normal behavior for the Tamagotchi.

Q: My Tamagotchi have 4 hearts in the friends list and still won't breed!

A: Keep connecting, and be patient. It'll happen eventually.

Q: I put the costume on and it won't come off!

A: When it goes to sleep, the costume will be taken off.

Q: How do you enter V3 cheats?

A: Simple. A 10-digit code from TamaTown is entered in the "PASSWORD" section of the games menu. A button combo is entered in the Shop, all you do is press the A button until the shopkeep gets surprised. Then, enter the code.

Added by Banoon

Q: My tama wont wake up!

A: Be patient... it'll wake up eventually

Added by SolidStar569

Q: My Tamagotchi recived Poop/snake/ect. and it get's mad!

A: Give a "Time-out" to the Tamagotchi that gave the present.

Q: Whenever I connect and give a present, theres a heart!What dose that mean?

A: That means they will mate soon.

Added by Andygal666

Q: I was connecting my tamas and one said fail but the other went off and played a game by itself!

A: This is a minor glitch, it is completely harmless and has happened to lots of people.

Added by par105

Q: My tama isn't falling in love with my friend's. Why?

A: Both tamas must be adults before they can fall in love.

Adder by hysterical_oliver

Q: Why cant I buy new items for my tama?

A: Your tama can only have so many items, you need to trash one (or eat a snack) or give one away as a present to make room for a new one

EXTRA SECTION: Uber Tamagotchi hax!

Debug Mode

Debug mode is a leftover from the development stage of your Tamagotchi product! Debug mode allows a tester who works for BanDai to check the code for the Tamagotchi and report any bugs before Tamagotchi hits shelves. Different characters can be tested individually without the need to raise the Tamagotchi to get the character. It also has a special "Hypertime" mode, which speeds up the clock. Anyway, less trivia and more instructions!

First, you are going to want to secure a spare Tamagotchi Connection, or take one you don't care for. and prepare for the operation. Find a set of precision screwdrivers, they are usually in colorful plastic boxes, and easy to spot. Next, find a safe container for the small and easy to lose screws that you will be removing from the unit. Unscrew the big screw on the battery cover in the back and remove the battery. After that, locate and unscrew the four small screws from the back, placing them in your safe place along with the red infrared cover. Now you should have the board exposed. Try not to twist the back of the shell much, as you may tear the buzzer wires and lose sound. Locate a pair of small silver semicircles labeled DEBUG on the board near the lower left of the battery contacts. Scratch these semicircles gently and carefully with a sharp #2 pencil. Push the shell back together with the battery in place to see if you did it right. you should be able to select you character with the A button when it hatches. If it does work, make sure to get the IR cover and reset button in place, and reassemble it. If it doesn't, scratch the semicircles until it does.

CONTROLS

A: Scroll through Tamagotchi species on the screen that shows you what you get from the initial egg.

B: Select. Nothing new with this button, really.

C: When no icons are selected, begins the "Hypertime" mode mentioned above, which lasts until the next major event (Pooping, no hearts filled, requesting attention, the Matchmaker's appearance, evolution, etc.).

Now you have a debugged Tamagotchi! Show your uber Nazotchi to your friends!

But wait, did you get tired of debug mode already? All you have to do is follow the above instructions, and erase the panels instead of scratching them. You Tamagotchi will resume normal operation.

ROM Test Mode (courtesy of -Ra-)

---ROM TESTING---

Lol, I was asking the same question six months ago. Well...here's what it is and how to do it. Mind you, don't do it if you want to keep your tama, because you can't download afterwards! Also it doesn't work on a debugged tama.

Fresh (sorta...) Help from tamahelper

V3 codes

AABBCACB=RC CAR 2

CBACCABC=CUCKOO CLOCK

CACABABC=STUFFED ANIMAL

BCBCCABA=HONEY

ABBAACBA=STEAK

ABBAACBA=CAKE

ABBAACBA=HAIRGEL

V2 codes

ACBCABAC=HAIRGEL

CBAACABC=STUFFED ANIMAL

ABBACBCC=CAKE

BACBCACB=STEAK

BCBACABA=HONEY

Tips

-The last item you input gets you the rare costume.(both versions)

-These are codes which means you press the a button at the shop about 5 or 4 times.(both versions)

-You can get passwords at www.tamatown.com/ These pass-words are only for V3s.

-To input a password you go to the games menu and go until you're at password.

-To view your souveniers you go to the games menu and scroll down until you're at it.

-To view and use your items go to the games menu and select items.

-To view general info about your tamagotchi you go to the meter.

Souveniers

You get the passport after you put in your username.

You get the suitcase by going into Tamgotchi Forever and play the packing game.

You get the rare cd by goin into the Tama Beat and playing whats that tama tune.

You get the microphone by playing a make your own tama tune game.

You get the Bandai ribbon by going into Lucky Tama Toys and play the racecar game.

You get the rare shoes by going into Tamagotchi Forever and playing tama says.

Game Souveniers

You can get the teddy bear,skateboard,balloon and baseball cap by playing the ring toss or the claw game.

Wow this is great, thanks people! Hopefully, with some help, we will have a comprehensive and useful guide for Tamagotchi Connection owners worldwide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back