Whats the point?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

botific

Reaction score
What is the point of having more than one tamagotchi if you can just have a bunch on generations anyway?

Usually if you pass generation 99, the generation counter will go all the way back to generation 1, and people also love collecting them, or collect as much as possible.

To put it simply, each version of a Tamagotchi has unique qualities (and often times different characters) that aren't present on just one Tamagotchi. :)

A more more simple term- each Tamagotchi is different. From old 1996 ones, to huge eggs.

List of Tamagotchis - English

Vintage Era

P1

P2

Tamagotchi Angel

Garden Almost made to America.

Ocean

Connections

Tamagotchi Connection V1

Tamagotchi Connection V2

Tamagotchi Connection V3

Tamagotchi Connection V4

Tamagotchi Connection V4.5

Tamagotchi Connection V5

Tamagotchi Connection V5.5

Tamagotchi Connection V6 / Music Star

TamaTown Tama-Go

(Lol, I might be missing a few. :p )

List of Tamagotchis - Japanese

P1 - Japanese Ver.

P2 - Japanese Ver.

Angelgotch - Japanese Ver.

Devilgotch

Umino - Japanese Ver.

Morino

Mothra

Tamagotchi Plus

Tamagotchi Plus 2

Chibi Tamagotch

Keitai Kaitsu Tamagotchi Plus

Keitai Kaitsu Tamagotchi Plus Akai

Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus

CYOI EnTama

Ura Jinsei Enjoy Tamagotchi Plus

Family Iro! Iro! Tamagotchi Plus

Royal Dream Family Tamagotchi Plus

Color Screens

Tamagotchi Plus Color

Tamagotchi Plus Color Hexagontchi Ver.

Tamagotchi Plus Color Exile Ver. (rare)

Tamagotchi iD

Tamagotchi iD Lovely Melody Ver.

Tamagotchi iD Detective Conan Ver. (rare)

Tamagotchi iD L

Tamagotchi iD L 15th Anniversary Ver.

Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy Ver.

Anime Linked

Lavutomo Keitai Himespe Phone

Tama Profy

Keitai Pashalin

Keitai Terulin

Melody Charm

Doremitchi

Sopratchi

Lol if I remember some more, I'll put more down. :p

I always enjoyed having more than one copy of some versions - like the V1 and V2 - so I could connect them. Didn't have to wait for a matchmaker and built up a nice friend list - tried to collect one example of each character available on that version to display in the Friend List.... each to their own XD

... the point is... there are loads of reasons to own more than one tama - but it's not mandatory. You can have fun running just one tama for generations too :)

Its all in the type. Each one is a little different, even if it is the shell. Many people like playing the different games or growing the different characters. To each their own.

As many others have said, there are so many different versions of Tamagotchis out there! Every single version has its own characters, games, and many many different options. For example, if you take the P1 Tamagotchi (The first version) and compare it to the Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy, the newest release Tamagotchi in Japan, there are many differences.

To start off, the P1 Tamagotchi is in black and white. The iD L Princess Spacy is in color, so you can see it in the dark.

The P1 is much smaller than the Princess Spacy, in height, width, and thickness.

The P1 has no shops and one game, while the Princess Spacy has many shops, and up to four interchangeable games.

The Princess Spacy has 32 characters, while the P1 has... 8 characters, I think?

I could go on for hours, but this is a quick overview.

i always see it as all my 20 tamas as next door neighbors, all living near each other in a community. then the neighbors become friends and begin to like each, then they fall in love and have children to keep there family going.

And a bonus: with all iD L versions, in order to complete your TaMaToMo book, you need at least one other colour tama to connect with it.

I've asked myself this question - I suppose, for me, it's because I've only just got back into Tamagotchi and I want to get at least one of each of the Connections and some vintages to see which is my favourite. When I find that, I'll probably settle on what I like most. But then, I've got the others for if I fancy a change at some point - and just having them there is nice, to know you can just pick one up and go. ^_^

It's fun to challenge yourself how many you can run at once and have different characters at once. It's also nice to have different themed Tamas - I'm running the following Tamas:

Osutchi and Mesutchi pair - in Japanese, the first Tamas that can get to the second generation. They also have unique characters and a unique way of connecting them.

Japanese Angel - in Japanese, it has special Angel-themed characters, games and design.

iD L Princess Spacy - in Japanese, the newest Tamagotchi release, with a few space-themed characters, a unique design, new games and lots more.

Within the four Tamagotchis I'm running, there's a lot of diversity and I can try for different characters on each one. It's nice to have that variety because it means that if you get bored with one Tama, you can always pay more attention to another for a bit! Also, if you have a collection (like me, I have 27 Tamas so far), it's really fun to collect Tamas and try out all the different versions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back