What's your least favourite Tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The title says it all. Which Tamas do you dislike, and why? Do you get impatient with the slow growth of vintage Tamas, or are you overwhelmed by the many characters and features of the iD L? Also, how do they compare to the Tamas you DO like? I have come across several people on TamaTalk who love the Music Star but hate the Tama-Go even though they are both black and white screen, quite high maintenance and with a lot of unique features (figures, the music theme). Some people may really like the V3 but hate the V4.5 (that's me XD).

I really dislike several versions, unfortunately. I've got quite a wide range of them and try not to get too many duplicates because it doesn't feel like much of an achievement if half of my collection are broken Tama-Gos bought on sale for $2 in one toy store all in one go (because I wouldn't feel like I'd worked for them). Anyway, I dislike the V4.5 because I got Shitekitchi for my 5th generation, it was my favourite version up until then and only the hideous character put me off it. I also dislike the iD L because it's too fast, too complicated, and you know there IS such a thing as too many features. It's really just so good that it's bad! Well, for me it is, but obviously most people love the iD L. I'm not too fond of the Tama-Go, because the potty training totally stresses me out. My Angelgotchi's growth it too slow. The Music Star is too high maintenance. The TMGC+C doesn't have enough characters. The iD L has too many characters. I'm a fussy eater as well as a fussy Tamagotchi player XD.

Also, if there is something really unpopular that everyone seems to hate except you, or something really popular that you hate, then explain what's so good about it/what's so bad about it! I seem to be the only one who isn't a big fan of the iD L, so I'm gonna give you an example:

I dislike the iD L because there are just TOO MANY FEATURES. Downloads are impossible without a phone. School sneaking is impossible. The games are alright, but the happiness is a pain, I prefer the V4 where you just win Jumping Rope and get all four hearts. The Japanese language doesn't bother me. I also don't like the baby stages, because they are just TOO NEEDY. I've never liked baby stages, but on the V5 for example, they really are no bother. When my friend had just got her V5 (early birthday present from me), she was playing the piano when it was a baby and only had to stop for 2 minutes in between 10-minute songs to feed it and play a game or two. I had an identical one and I was messing about rolling all over the sofa, Tama in hand, and barely checked it at all. Both were fine, and now my friend and I are on 3rd Generation, and I've never dreaded taking care of any of the babies, nor hesitated to do it, and neither has she!

Which Tamas do you dislike and why? Why do you prefer others over them? Please reply!

~ Dazzmina ~

I haven't played that many versions but something about p2 just feels wrong to me. The character designs were really weird to me when it came out.

My least favorite out of the tamas I have would be the v3. I think almost all of the shell designs were lame, the characters are unoriginal and boring, and gameplay has just too many glitches. The "antenna" design on the top was borrowed from the first Japanese tamagotchi connection (see tamatalk logo.) Tamatown was boring and predictable and the souvenirs you could recieve were useless. The tamagotchi wasn't much different at all than the v2 without the tamatown, which when I was playing with it, I couldn't access because of a horribly old computer and slow internet connection. The stereo was bound to break, especially if you used any of the CDs with it, and the characters started a new generation of horribly unoriginal faces and names. I think the v3 was a total flop. Which doesn't really explain why I have three of them....xD

That's odd, I really like the V3 and it sounds a lot like the V2, which you apparently love? I guess my priorities with Tamagotchi collecting are really rarity (simply so I can actually be proud of my collection, and feel that I've worked for it), gameplay and maintenance. I only consider characters a little (although the HUGE range of V2 characters totally blew me away! It's just so much to cram into an old-fashioned Tama!), I consider the designs a bit but I don't choose by designs, I choose according to price, and unless the design is my least favourite colour I will just go with anything. I don't even think about TamaTown - I hardly ever visit it anyway, and it's not a big part of the Tama to me. My important factors in choosing a Tama are obviously the price, the gameplay, since I am not one of those collectors who leaves them in the box to sell as antiques later, and the results I get on here since nowadays I post a topic and poll about a Tama I want before buying it, since most other TamaTalkers' opinions seem pretty trustworthy. I don't mean to sound rude, but why do you consider TamaTown and the designs such a big factor? If you're actually gonna play with the Tama, then isn't it the gameplay that matters?

~ Dazzmina~

In some ways the v3 is just an amped-up v2, I'd say. The only major innovation is tamatown, but I remember it being really boring, etc, like I said.

I really disliked the V5.

You couldn't see the name of what you're trying to buy. I thought Souffle was a cupcake -_-

There's only TWO boring games that actually work, the parent games do absolutely nothing!!!

The characters aren't great. They didn't have Violetchi... :p

If you SOMEHOW manage to get 100% bondage AND have the right cahracter, then try your luck for the dating show and SOMEHOW manage to find the right partner, then you're stuck with the Violet, Kutchi, Mame or Meme family for, what, six days? Bo-ring!!

That's really all I have. It bored me after about two generations.

Yeah.

You couldn't see the name of what you're trying to buy. I thought Souffle was a cupcake -_-
: That is kind of a bit annoying...but if you get "let down" by something, there are always codes to get 1000 points to try again! 

There's only TWO boring games that actually work, the parent games do absolutely nothing!!!
: The parent games are SUPER fun. Agreed, the two other games are a bit boring.
The characters aren't great. They didn't have Violetchi... :p
: Well, I partially agree that Yonepatchi isn't that great and nor is Bakutchi, but how can anyone call Chantotchi or Makiko un-cute??
If you SOMEHOW manage to get 100% bondage AND have the right cahracter, then try your luck for the dating show and SOMEHOW manage to find the right partner, then you're stuck with the Violet, Kutchi, Mame or Meme family for, what, six days? Bo-ring!!
: There's a cheat for bonding, making it easy-peasy. I agree that the dating show can often only suggest ugly characters, but it's not like you're gonna be stuck with them in parent games, which you don't even have to PLAY. I don't get your thing about families. Isn't that enough choice, all those different families! 

I don't mean to sound rude or offensive, I just don't get it!

~ Dazzmina ~

Hmm... that's a hard one.

I think my least favourite Tamagotchi would have to be the V6. I do love it don't get me wrong, but I just enjoy the other versions more. xP

The thing for me is that I don't have enough time for getting the skill points, and the band stuff. It's a cute feature, but I can't handle it with all of my schooling and work. And also, the thing that made me stop playing with mine was when it would always practice it's instrument. =.=; At first it was kinda cute but after a while is gets extremely annoying, and I just end up pausing it and putting it away. Most people would suggest to turn the sound off, but I always want to hear when my tamagotchi calls for me in case of a concert or something.

I love the Sound Block game, but the other two just bugged me like crazy. D: -nopatiencetoplaygames.-

And I never go on Tamatown for items and stuff, so I wouldnt really know about the different things you can get on there. xD

Anyway, yeah thats pretty much it! The no antenna thing was cute because it felt like a V2, but in general it just wasn't my favourite. ):

You don't much like the V6 for exactly the same reasons as me! You even like/hate the same games! :) Even though I don't enjoy it at all XD...

Do you like the V2? Whoa a lot of people seem to like the V2...I hope to be joining you when mine arrives! Hopefully the day after tomorrow! :D

And no I'm not gonna reply to every single post made on here, just the ones that I actually want to reply to ;)

~ Dazzmina ~

I agree about the music star, it is cute but when they practice their instrument it gets very annoying. The familitchi I found to get very boring after awhile, they didn't gain weight or anything and it just got really dull, the same goes for the tamago in my opinion. I know a lot of people like them but I just can't get into them. I do play it on occasion but I always end up getting good characters, I started to get fed up with it so now it just sits among my other unused tamagotchis though my mom absolutely loves that version and loves to text me when it evolves :D .

I don't like the weight feature. I like trying to keep it at a happy medium and it drove me nuts that they never gained weight because it was like... what's the point?

What??? Why do you like the weight feature? I don't mean to sound rude but...I just don't get how anyone can like it! ~

~ Dazzmina ~
The wieght feature makes it feel like it's an actual pet versus some collection of pixels that you're trying to keep alive.

So it depends if you're trying to makit feel like you're raising it or not ;)

I can't really pick a least favorite Tamagotchi from versions 1-4. I don't own anything newer, the V4 was complex enough for me. Things got a little too 'out there' after that. But I'm sure that those newer versions are great fun for anyone who can put in the time to enjoy them! I wouldn't call those my least favorite though since I've never tried them. But I think versions 1-4 each have their downsides.

Version 1 - it seems to me that Bandai was just 'testing the waters' with this one to see how popular Tamagotchi would be in it's comeback. It basically was a larger P1/P2 with different characters, different games, the connection feature, and a better screen. I think they could have done more from the start. After the shock of "Holy moly the Tamagotchis are back!!" the fun of the Version 1 is noticeably limited for the time. Great for nostalgia though.

Version 2 - Much better. The only drawback IMHO is that it looks like a version 1. They could have changed the design a bit.

Version 3 - Love the food choices. Tamatown would probably have been great had I not been still using dial-up internet at the time! I might be biased, but I found it more frustrating than anything else. Looking at it now, it might be my age talking, but it's boring. A lot of characters in this version look too much like people and that bugs me.

Version 4 - For me, this was just the right amount of complexity. The Tamatown for this version is better, but I wish the places you could visit through the Gotchi Station were actually worth visiting. I like that you don't have to turn off the lights. That was cute to do when I was a kid, but now I kind of feel like that was a waste of an icon.

Least favourite, by far, is the Music City.

I can't stand it. Constantly begging for attention, and the band thing was a NEEDED thing, not just something you could pass over. Drove me wild.

Yes it's great for those that have the time to be interactive and stay on the computer for days on end, just letting it grow and become more popular.

But it's so annoying.

The rest, have their own pros and cons, and I love them all equally in their own right haha.

The music star and the tamaGO!

Always was disgusted with the tamaGO!

and the music star was too hard! :p

I totally agree with Oh! about the Music Star and Tama-Go, but with the Music Star, it's just that it's too hard to keep my brother's hands off it if it gets on the 10th generation and to keep my mom's hands off it if I play with it too much. The Tama-Go? I'm forever saying I don't like the potty training feature AT ALL.

~ Dazzmina ~

I cannot stand the V5 at all. It was one of my first Tamagotchis, and I loved it back then- I ran it for 5+ generations straight, and I loved it so much! But now, I don't like it at all. I mostly don't like how it doesn't feel like a virtual pet because there's 3. I like how when you raise one pet on one Tama (like all the other Connections) you can name it and it feels unique. Plus, I don't like the games or the characters very much at all. When I run the V5, it usually feels more like a chore to me, and I can't enjoy it.

The V6 usually gets on my nerves too with the stress and constant beeping. It's giving me stress! If I run it for at least one generation, I eventually get used to the nonstop beeping, but at first it will just make me furious.

Latest posts

Back