Which vintage Tama should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well, I have an Angel and I dislike it, but I'd like to try something else. I find the Angel a bit too simple and boring. What I'd like in a vintage Tama is:

Affordability - I'm 10, so I don't really have much money

Fun - good game(s), extra features etc.

Not needy - I can't take care of an Oceangotch for example

Not too low maintenance - I dislike it when it only wants attention every 3 hours

Collectibility - I'm looking for something to spice up my collection

Cool designs - although this isn't essential, my collection is pretty plain and most of my Tamas have been ruined with metallic pens

Buy Now on eBay - I can't buy through anything else and I'm pretty useless at bidding

I'm thinking about:

Original - it's great for collections and doesn't sound too high or low care

UraTama - the designs are cool, but I don't really know much about it

EnTama - have no idea what this is but the point of collecting Tamas is to get new and different versions

Morino - it sounds really rare, but the price might be a problem

Osutchi/Mesutchi - don't know anything about it but that's the point

Of course, I'm not going to get them all in one go, but I'd like to get one because I'm slacking a bit with Tama collecting. Of course, I could have a shot at more than one of these - even though it's too late to ask for one for Christmas, my birthday's in May and of course there's next Christmas. I get just enough money for a fari-priced vintage (I won't say how much) all at the beginning of the year, so I'll probably get my Tama just after New Year and ask for another for my birthday. So I need to be decided pretty soon!

Also, if you think it would really be better if I finished off collecting the Connections first, I might take advantage of my birthday and only go for vintages then. With my pocket money, I could buy the missing V1 and V5.5 for my Connexion collection. And I could save the expensive ones for my birthday? Please recommend a Tama that has the most important factors I listed!

Thanks,

~ Dazzmina ~

I wouldn't recommend a vintage Tama for you. You, to put this nicely, expect too much to enjoy the vintages, I think. You're more of a Connection person, definately. First get the V1 and see if it bores you, and if (when) it does ;) , then you'll know if you want a Vintage or not.

The osutchi/mesutchi are really OLD versions of connection tamas (meaning they mate by actually connecting them like Digimon), but with the simplicity of the vintage ones... I have also found that my Mesutchi has not needed very much care almost all day, which is good for me because I work, but I'm sure it would be very boring to you. I agree with the above poster, you do seem like you need something with more maintenance. I like the vintages because they are so simple, and in order to get them happy all you really need to do is press the B button a ton of times, doesn't require much actual attention. Easy to take care of while they are hidden under your desk at work ;)

I also agree that the V1 would be a good starting point since it has the least features of all the "newer" tamas, and will give you a good sense if the vintages will bore you or not. Because if that bores you... the vintages will definitely bore you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dazzmina, you mentioned that you found your Angel Tamagotchi a tad boring and simple. I think you will find that the original P1/P2 Tamagotchis just as simple and "boring". There's not a heck of a lot of differences between the original P1/P2's and the Angel with the exception of characters and games - overall they are a very simple and low maintenance Tamagotchi.

I agree with the posters above me as well - you will more than likely find a V1 or V5.5 more entertaining and feature-rich. In fact, the V5/5.5 is one of my favourite Tamagotchi versions. There are so many items to buy and a ton of fun games to choose from. The animations are fantastic and I love the fact that you are able to raise 3 different Tamagotchi's at the same time with the same effort of raising one single Tamagotchi character. The designs are a lot of fun and the screen is a tad larger than earlier Connection versions. This was my first Tama after a 14 year (gulp) absence from playing and collecting Tamagotchis - so perhaps I'm a bit biased on this version.

With that said, the V1 is equally as fun, but more simple than the V5/5.5. I love the shell designs from this version and depending on the design, it may be enough to spice up your collection. Two of the 4 designs I have from the V1 series are very cool: one that is transparent orange with sparkles and the other is bright green with an orange checkered/argyle design. This V1 is a beautiful blue with pink spots; it's new in package and listed for a great Buy it Now price.

Good luck with your search, hope I've helped you narrow down your decision.

The osutchi/mesutchi are really OLD versions of connection tamas (meaning they mate by actually connecting them like Digimon), but with the simplicity of the vintage ones... I have also found that my Mesutchi has not needed very much care almost all day, which is good for me because I work, but I'm sure it would be very boring to you. I agree with the above poster, you do seem like you need something with more maintenance. I like the vintages because they are so simple, and in order to get them happy all you really need to do is press the B button a ton of times, doesn't require much actual attention. Easy to take care of while they are hidden under your desk at work ;)

I also agree that the V1 would be a good starting point since it has the least features of all the "newer" tamas, and will give you a good sense if the vintages will bore you or not. Because if that bores you... the vintages will definitely bore you.
I'm a bit embarrased to say this but...even the V3 bores me. It only starts to get good at the V4, then there's the good-complexity, my-favourite-version V4.5, then it all zooms off into a million games and characters with the V5 and after that you can barely understand the growth chart. But how do you collect Tamas if you only like two versions? No parents helping me on eBay would see the sense in buying every design of two versions...I need to find something else. Vintages ruled out. Color Tamas ruled out - I already have a +C and iD L and don't like them very much. Early connections ruled out - they're boring. V5.5 ruled out - it's too complex. SO WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME????

~ Dazzmina ~

I'm a bit embarrased to say this but...even the V3 bores me. It only starts to get good at the V4, then there's the good-complexity, my-favourite-version V4.5, then it all zooms off into a million games and characters with the V5 and after that you can barely understand the growth chart. But how do you collect Tamas if you only like two versions? No parents helping me on eBay would see the sense in buying every design of two versions...I need to find something else. Vintages ruled out. Color Tamas ruled out - I already have a +C and iD L and don't like them very much. Early connections ruled out - they're boring. V5.5 ruled out - it's too complex. SO WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME????

~ Dazzmina ~
Nothing. If you don't like vintages, then Mini and Nano are also not for you. EnTama and UraTama are just like the V4 and V4.5. At least try the V1. I don't like the V3, but I love my V1. If you only like two versions, then don't worry about collecting.

Unless you're going to buy every Tama out there, I would say collecting Tamas isn't for a 10 year old. I wouldn't want to seriously start collecting them until I have a job and can pay for them myself.

You could always wait until next March and get the new Tama from Japan coming out. If you don't like it, you can always sell it and get money to buy another Tama.

Why don't you get a V6? It has lots of extra things to do! It's packed with Band Auditions, really cool items, Awards, and extra games and instruments! It's a really nice tamagotchi. I found a nice Blue and Silver one with a Pink Memetchi keychain. Link: https://www.ebay.com/...=item2c5b54e167. Or, maybe you should buy a Tamagotchi you never tried, maybe a Tamagotchi Digimon.
I have four V6s and they are my least favourite version, I'm afraid.

Violet: I know there's the iD L Princess Spacy, but since I dislike the iD L, what chance do I have with that? Also, my parents wouldn't let me unless it had some sort of extra features...anyone a got a potential quote about easier downloads or new games or something?

Also, I'm collecting Tamas for no particular reason, it's just a hobby. So it's not seriously collecting them, you could even call it just trying out different Tamas.

But, I'm interested in anything BanDai Japan is releasing. My family isn't exactly poor even though we're definitely not rich either. I get just enough pocket money for an iD L with slow delivery. And that's every new year. Well, it's new year soon, isn't it? So what do you guys have to say about the mystery Japanese Tama?

~ Dazzmina ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back