whitch is better?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigizz4197

Reaction score
i say v3 because v4 has a huge annentena which inter fears with games :D ;) :blink: :blink: :)

*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

My thoughts? Neither. Dislike both. Want me to go into long boring details? My pleasure...

Both v3 and v4 have packages in which it's very easy to cut through the instructions unless you look through the plastic before you cut like I did. Both v3 and v4 have instructions that struggle to cover the basics and leave many questions unanswered. I suppose v3's instructions are better because there's less stuff that they have to make people understand.

The shell? Both have antennas. Version 3's antenna is small, and if for some reason you grab your Tamagotchi upside-down quickly the antenna really digs into your hand. Version 4, however, has a large antenna. I actually mind this less though I would prefer it if there was no antenna. Sometimes it looks like it's enhancing the look of the version 4. I like the sphere, spheres are like, the perfect shape.

Now let's get into the actual "working the v3/v4". I'll start by looking at the icons.

The check meter on v3 is easier to navigate because there's less screens to flick through. They could have at least combined Discipline and Gotchi Points on the same screen though!

Feeding is pretty much the same but one thing worth noting is that if you get a good health factor (on v4), snacks will make your Tamagotchi gain only 1g instead of 2.

The toilet's the same, but I've found on my v3 that when you choose the toilet function, it pauses for a second and then scrolls across while my v4 starts scrolling straight away. Same for the clock function.

The games... I hate the Tamagotchi games on v2 and higher! At the beginning you only have one game which happens to be quite long. Therefore your Tamagotchi doesn't evolve as fast as it should because of that time you took to play the games. You must complete the games to have your Tamagotchi lose 3g of weight. What about those older people with slower reflexes? I get your point, but I find that the antenna gets in your way on both versions. Some games require two hands, like Dance, Flag and occasionally, Heading. I am right handed, but when it comes to Tamagotchi and sometimes mobile phones, I'm left handed. Sure, Bandai, only about 10% of the world's population is left handed, but does that mean that left handers DON'T play (I usually say Care, but because versions 2+ are so game centered, I'm saying Play) with Tamagotchi? Or right-handers who prefer using their left hands? Pretty sure I'm not the only one. My friend prefers her left hand too.

The infra red icon... Connect? Connect? Connect? Connect? Oh, come on, you people who were year 3s at my school last year, that's not what Tamagotchi are all about! On version 4 you can go to preschool, or school (to play a game) or to work (to play games).

Games, games, games, games, games. Though I am quite anti-v3, I must say v3 is probably the better version. Version 4 has even more games and "let's connect" than I feel it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back