who has autisim?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Takes a deep breath.*

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but hopefully no one knows who I really am.

You know my two little brothers? "The twins"?

Well, one has PDD (type of autism), and the other one is autistic also (I don't know if his condition has a type).

So, life for me, is kind of, weird. Especially learning about their disability just this year. (I'm 13 now.)

But the sad thing is, they have my dad's DNA. And he, yells a lot (the one with PDD once yelled at his friend which upset him), calls people names a lot, and teaches people jokes that get them in trouble. (The one with PDD is learning all these bad jokes from my dad and is making the other one with autism say bad things.)

And it just gets worse when they watch bad movies, like "The Simpsons Movie." Oh god. I wish they NEVER saw that movie!

The one with plain autism (or else I don't know what type) goes to a great school where the kids are friendly, and the teachers are great. But sadly, the one with PDD goes to a school; a bad school. It's FILLED with kids who tease him, and yeah. Plus, the principal is so clueless, and I am so thankful he has someone to assist him and such. I heard that there's one autistic boy that goes there and he has no adult assisting him, and the mom came him and found him wandering the halls; ALONE.

My mom and I are praying SO BAD that the one with PDD doesn't get the same fifth grade teacher I had. He's SO BAD. In fact, HE'S A MARTIAN. I couldn't LAST in his class! He'd hate school in less than 10 minutes in his class!

Violetchi_garden, I wish you luck with middle school! You're bound to find at least someone who's friendly! Middle school is the stage where I started understanding disabilities, and also, in my school, the kids came from 3 different elementary school, so I think you have a 3x more chance of meeting someone.

Bratztroxg, I found this article about autism at KidsHealth.org.:

What Does Autism Mean?
Autism (say: aw-tih-zum) causes kids to experience the world differently from the way most other kids do. It's hard for kids with autism to talk with other people and express themselves using words. Kids who have autism usually keep to themselves and many can't communicate without special help.

They also may react to what's going on around them in unusual ways. Normal sounds may really bother someone with autism — so much so that the person covers his or her ears. Being touched, even in a gentle way, may feel uncomfortable.

Kids with autism often can't make connections that other kids make easily. For example, when someone smiles, you know the smiling person is happy or being friendly. But a kid with autism may have trouble connecting that smile with the person's happy feelings.

A kid who has autism also has trouble linking words to their meanings. Imagine trying to understand what your mom is saying if you didn't know what her words really mean. It is doubly frustrating then if a kid can't come up with the right words to express his or her own thoughts.

Autism causes kids to act in unusual ways. They might flap their hands, say certain words over and over, have temper tantrums, or play only with one particular toy. Most kids with autism don't like changes in routines. They like to stay on a schedule that is always the same. They also may insist that their toys or other objects be arranged a certain way and get upset if these items are moved or disturbed.

If someone has autism, his or her brain has trouble with an important job: making sense of the world. Every day, your brain interprets the sights, sounds, smells, and other sensations that you experience. If your brain couldn't help you understand these things, you would have trouble functioning, talking, going to school, and doing other everyday stuff. Kids can be mildly affected by autism, so that they only have a little trouble in life, or they can be very affected, so that they need a lot of help.
Also, no one knows what causes autism.

Also, medicine cure? :chohimetchi: I'll let you know if that's true, since I'll notice pretty well. :furawatchi: (Since my mom hasn't told me about any cure, I don't think it's true.)

*Takes a deep breath.*
I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but hopefully no one knows who I really am.

You know my two little brothers? "The twins"?

Well, one has PDD (type of autism), and the other one is autistic also (I don't know if his condition has a type).

So, life for me, is kind of, weird. Especially learning about their disability just this year. (I'm 13 now.)

But the sad thing is, they have my dad's DNA. And he, yells a lot (the one with PDD once yelled at his friend which upset him), calls people names a lot, and teaches people jokes that get them in trouble. (The one with PDD is learning all these bad jokes from my dad and is making the other one with autism say bad things.)

And it just gets worse when they watch bad movies, like "The Simpsons Movie." Oh god. I wish they NEVER saw that movie!

The one with plain autism (or else I don't know what type) goes to a great school where the kids are friendly, and the teachers are great. But sadly, the one with PDD goes to a school; a bad school. It's FILLED with kids who tease him, and yeah. Plus, the principal is so clueless, and I am so thankful he has someone to assist him and such. I heard that there's one autistic boy that goes there and he has no adult assisting him, and the mom came him and found him wandering the halls; ALONE.

My mom and I are praying SO BAD that the one with PDD doesn't get the same fifth grade teacher I had. He's SO BAD. In fact, HE'S A MARTIAN. I couldn't LAST in his class! He'd hate school in less than 10 minutes in his class!

Violetchi_garden, I wish you luck with middle school! You're bound to find at least someone who's friendly! Middle school is the stage where I started understanding disabilities, and also, in my school, the kids came from 3 different elementary school, so I think you have a 3x more chance of meeting someone.

Bratztroxg, I found this article about autism at KidsHealth.org.:

What Does Autism Mean?
Autism (say: aw-tih-zum) causes kids to experience the world differently from the way most other kids do. It's hard for kids with autism to talk with other people and express themselves using words. Kids who have autism usually keep to themselves and many can't communicate without special help.

They also may react to what's going on around them in unusual ways. Normal sounds may really bother someone with autism — so much so that the person covers his or her ears. Being touched, even in a gentle way, may feel uncomfortable.

Kids with autism often can't make connections that other kids make easily. For example, when someone smiles, you know the smiling person is happy or being friendly. But a kid with autism may have trouble connecting that smile with the person's happy feelings.

A kid who has autism also has trouble linking words to their meanings. Imagine trying to understand what your mom is saying if you didn't know what her words really mean. It is doubly frustrating then if a kid can't come up with the right words to express his or her own thoughts.

Autism causes kids to act in unusual ways. They might flap their hands, say certain words over and over, have temper tantrums, or play only with one particular toy. Most kids with autism don't like changes in routines. They like to stay on a schedule that is always the same. They also may insist that their toys or other objects be arranged a certain way and get upset if these items are moved or disturbed.

If someone has autism, his or her brain has trouble with an important job: making sense of the world. Every day, your brain interprets the sights, sounds, smells, and other sensations that you experience. If your brain couldn't help you understand these things, you would have trouble functioning, talking, going to school, and doing other everyday stuff. Kids can be mildly affected by autism, so that they only have a little trouble in life, or they can be very affected, so that they need a lot of help.

Also, medicine cure? :) I'll let you know if that's true, since I'll notice pretty well. :) (Since my mom hasn't told me about any cure, I don't think it's true.)
My sister is in aspecial home, and she is really much better then before. More functioning, calm shall I say.

I heard about some kind of cure, shot maybe? I dunno.

Also, medicine cure? :p I'll let you know if that's true, since I'll notice pretty well. :p (Since my mom hasn't told me about any cure, I don't think it's true.)
My sister is in aspecial home, and she is really much better then before. More functioning, calm shall I say.

[SIZE=14pt]A shot... For autism?? I don't see how that is possible, isn't autism a birth defect? I believe its genes(Parent to parent to child/ern), family members(That may be deceased or living) may have traits of a birth defect and passed down(I know, not like a pair of pants, I mean passed by genes.) And Kids health stole my words.. xD Anyway, I am very happy that your sister can go to a special place where she can get help. =)[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Asperger's. No one can really tell, though. I usually act pretty normal.

I know a few people who have autism. It's really sad because they get teased for their autism. It's not your fault or anyone else's fault that you have autism. People shouldn't be teasing you or anyone else for that. :)

And good luck with middle school! :D

[SIZE=14pt]A shot... For autism?? I don't see how that is possible, isn't autism a birth defect? I believe its genes(Parent to parent to child/ern), family members(That may be deceased or living) may have traits of a birth defect and passed down(I know, not like a pair of pants, I mean passed by genes.) And Kids health stole my words.. xD Anyway, I am very happy that your sister can go to a special place where she can get help. =)[/SIZE]

It's not a birth defect...people believe you get it through the vaccination shot. But they aren't sure.

All I know is that all the stories I've heard is that they have it AFTER the vaccination shot.

I know a few people who have autism. It's really sad because they get teased for their autism. It's not your fault or anyone else's fault that you have autism. People shouldn't be teasing you or anyone else for that. :p
And good luck with middle school! :eek:
Yeah. That's why I hate the people at my brother's bad school. His class (except for his cute little Italian friend and some of his REAL friends) need to go shut up.

The poor kid can't even dance at an ice cream social without those losers teasing him! :p

i have a younger brother who has autism, but it's not severe..and what's great is that he's recovering quite quickly. we give him fish oil to help as well as talking to him. it's really done good :)

i'm scared about him in school, he goes next year and i'm scared the teachers are going to scream at him because of it, and kids will pick on him..and i won't be there to defend him :( and there's a special education teacher who grabs kids by the wrists and pulls them when they don't behave, and i think she even smacked a mentally challenged girl on the hand when the girl wasn't paying attention...she would not want a piece of my mind if i found out that she did something like that to my brother. :angry:

but enough of my little rant, i really hope and pray that anyone with or someone related to a person with autism can get cured just like my brother did. my love and prayers go out. ^_^

Congrats on going to Middle School, Im sure you will to great :]

My uncle Has mental retardation. Sometimes people look at him and stare, and its kinda hard for me, everyone giving me weird looks.

You cant really tell he has a problem. He talks normally, he mows the grass and stuff, But there is just something different about him, like the kid in him.

Ill give you a round of applause for speaking about this and feeling no shame about it :]

There is a group of kids in my school. They have a "problem" or a condition. They get teased a lot, and I feel bad for them, they did nothing wrong. They cant help it either.

Maybe you can find a nice person, just like you and hang out. It would be nice because you can talk about the same things, and you have the same feelings. Or find another person without autisim to teach them about it ;]

Good luck!

I have traces of Aspergers. Scientifically proven.

But who cares? Einstein had it, so did Mozart and Beethoven.

And they are geniuses.

I'm not that bad, I can talk and I do have creativity and some stuff Autistic people lack.

Basically the Autistic Spectrum is a group of syndromes such as Aspergers.

And I'm one of the smartest kids I'm my class and part of the top 0.2% intelligence in the whole UK.

eerm. I don't have Autism.

I never knew much about it either.

I do have a niece with autism though.

She's a very happy toddler :)

My little brother has a really bad case of it... he doesn't talk, or write, or read, or anything really. He's going into middle school this year too. You seem to be doing alright though since you evidently can type and like tamagotchis and what not :) You're going to be ok, don't worry too much about anything.

my youngest brother has autism. he was diagnosed at age 2. it is hard to deal with it sometimes, but if you look past the disabilities (this goes for all autistic people) you'll discover they are just like everyone else. in fact, when i telll people he has autism, they shout "WHAT?!? I never noticed!!"

A common misconception is that Autisitic people are not intelligent. Did you know aspergers people have more intelligent minds, yet they lack a social life?

I'm a child *coughgeniuscough* who's got Aspergers' and is actually the most intelligent person in my school class and one of the 0.1% most intelligent people in the UK!

I don't have autism, but it's good that you are fighting through it and going to Middle School! :rolleyes:

I don't know anyone who has it, though.

I don't have it either but I get so ticked off when people tease other people with autism,it's great your going to middle school though!

I don't have it either but I get so ticked off when people tease other people with autism,it's great your going to middle school though!
I know. I hate when people make fun of people with autism, some people can just be so cruel to each other. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back