Why am I the only NOT-GIRLY-GIRL in my class?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is normal differant people are into differant things and just because u think that spiders are cute it dosn't make u weird it makes u unique :eek: :D

wow i'm in the middle of being a tomboy and a girly-girl. i wish that i was more of a tomboy though. when i was a tomboy i didn't care what anyone said about me. but now snice i'm going more to the girly-girl side i care what others care about me. <_<

I hear everyone saying, "Oh I'm a skater, I'm a punk" etc. etc. I laugh and I think to myself... "How would I label myself?". I don't really know, I guess I just have my own unique style: I can go with any style and have be comfortable and "me". I'm not a poser, rather, I pick and choose from all genre's to make my own unique style.

But anyway, I used to be the biggest tomboy, and I still am. All of my friends are guys (although boyfriend doesn't approve) except for one girl, and I rarely see her more than once every two weeks. I love mustangs and I know a lot about cars. I enjoy the use of a good wife beater (A top) shirt and I love guy bodywash. On the flip side, I now love the color pink and red (I used to hate them) and I find myself becoming more of a girl everyday. The only real baggy clothes I now possess are sleepwear... sadly. What it all comes down to is what you like and are comfortable with.

Hmmmm... I can be both. I'm mostly a tomboy, but I have my girly moments, especially when I'm at the mall. I can't help but feast my eyes on the new AE stuff... And I don't like labels either. Labels are for soup cans, not for people :(

remember kids, NORMAL is a subjective term. normal is subjective to a person, place or things 'normal' surroundings.

example:

a mosh pit at a slayer concert is NORMAL.

a mosh pit at a barbie convention is not.

those people that you probably call 'normal' are more than likely generic, they look, act, and dress the same. let them be generic, let you be you.

i don't wear pink either (ok, i did, but it was little pink elephants on my vans n they died). my fave colors are black n purple n blood red. i'm a tomboy n my boyfriend doesn't mind. in fact, none of the guys i have dated have ever minded. i work in a hardware store and i own my own tools and i am (gasp) building my own chopper (yes, a great big styretched out motorcycle-yes, just like on american chopper, but it ain't as easy as it looks on tv!!!). i learned to weld so that i could make my own handlebars for the bike! it was amazing! my mom's boyfriend was so impressed with my welding ability after just 20 minutes of pratice before i made my handlebars he told my mom i was a natural! honestly, being a girlie grrl isn't time effective. why shouldi wait for a man to do something if i am perfectly capable of doing it? hell, i even fixed out leaking toilet!

don't worry about fitting in with the girlie grrls n don't worry about what others think, as long as you're comfortable with who you are!

Haha, kewl! I'm like that too. I know how to work on cars and I can lay concrete and finish it! (A trade that takes quite some skill, believe it or not). In fact, some guys even think it's sexy that a woman can look after herself. ;)

totally afterglw! my boyfriend informed me that he got rather excited when he watched me welding. i thought that was rather cool (and before anyone says anything, i'm 32 for crying out loud...) and yeah, laying concrete does take talent, and muscles. those 90lb bags of quikcrete are not a joy to move.

(always gets stuck moving bags of concrete n sheetrock n lumber...) returns sucks!!!

Oh tell me about it... luckily I've only had to return stuff once. Last night I was at my boyfriend's house and there wasn't much to do so he wanted to make a stand for his paint gun (for painting cars) so he gets the metal pieces all ready to go and looks at me and says, "Hey... want to weld these for me hun?". I started laughing because I remembered your post. Good times :D

I don't know how to weld, but I'm now "getting lessons" so I can be the helper for building his turbo kit. Lol.

I hear everyone saying, "Oh I'm a skater, I'm a punk" etc. etc. I laugh and I think to myself... "How would I label myself?". I don't really know, I guess I just have my own unique style: I can go with any style and have be comfortable and "me". I'm not a poser, rather, I pick and choose from all genre's to make my own unique style.
But anyway, I used to be the biggest tomboy, and I still am. All of my friends are guys (although boyfriend doesn't approve) except for one girl, and I rarely see her more than once every two weeks. I love mustangs and I know a lot about cars. I enjoy the use of a good wife beater (A top) shirt and I love guy bodywash. On the flip side, I now love the color pink and red (I used to hate them) and I find myself becoming more of a girl everyday. The only real baggy clothes I now possess are sleepwear... sadly. What it all comes down to is what you like and are comfortable with.
Thats prett much the way I am.... some time I realy just wanna sware outloud in school........

I'm one of the people that doesn't act like a freakin POSER in my school. I just go with what i like. And, let me tell you, the people that ARE posers... lets just say they are first on my "if I ever get around to being a killer, i'll keep my eyes open for them" list... I tried to put that in a way that nobody will get mad at, so if i didn't do a good job, please just PM me and let me know how to reword that...

Your almost like me.I'm a tomboy most of the time yet I still like wearing stuff like a girly girl every once in a while.That doesn;t mean I scream if a bug comes into class lol.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back