Why do some gay males...?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locky458

Reaction score
Ok, I hope I don't offend anyone but this is common. Why do some gay males purposely tries to act like females, but does a terrible job with it? With the voices, and stuff? I mean, I have some gaymale friends, and they don't "Switch" or do their voices like that

Perhaps it hasn't occured to you, but maybe not all of them "purposely try to act like females".

Maybe they're just being themselves.

Think about it... not all black, males act the same way as you, right?

Be really careful about stereotyping - better still, since you say you have some gay, male friends, it might be more appropriate to ask them this question :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh, I didn't mean to post the topic in a negative way.

You get what I'm saying though? I hope the word "SOME" sticks out. I didn't mean everyone, yiikes. Sorry.

Darn, can anyone edit the title?

The way I see it is this:

Gay men are men who like other men right? Maybe they try to think of themselves as the female of the relationship. This is only some gay males but still. Women like men, so maybe they just are more feminine and act that way.

I don't know if that's right but that's what I always thought.

Usually when someone's gay it's because they prefer their opposite gender. Maybe the gay males you've seen "trying to make their voices like females" are just acting as the opposite gender. Maybe your gay male friends just like to be more feminine a different way, not necessarily voices..?

And about them doing a bad job at it, it's kind of hard for a male to successfully pull of a female's voice ;P

....Maybe your gay male friends just like to be more feminine a different way, not necessarily voices..?And about them doing a bad job at it, it's kind of hard for a male to successfully pull of a female's voice ;P
Sorry for posting so many times in this topic..

THAT'S THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Some do it to make fun of the typical homosexual stereotype. Actually, gay people often don't act like girls, they act like normal people. They are just like everyone else, they just like people of they're same gender.

its kind of how some lesbians are butchy (sp?)
Perhaps, but to be fair I've met straight ladies who are on the butch-side a bit too, so it's not a sexual orientation thing IMHO.

the whole, lesbians are butchy and gay males act like drunk morons is all stereotypical. You can't determine someone's personality, or how they dress, or sound just by they're sexual orientation. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with anything but what gender they like over another.

the whole, lesbians are butchy and gay males act like drunk morons is all stereotypical. You can't determine someone's personality, or how they dress, or sound just by they're sexual orientation. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with anything but what gender they like over another.
I agree that it is a "stereotype" - but in many cases that is because some gay people really do act that way.

It doesn't mean all people who act like that are gay, but it is also a fact that many "butch" women and "effeminate" men are gay and are acting in a way they feel comfortable with. Some also use it as a "signal" to show others their sexual orientation.

So the way you talk, the way you dress, the way you act can indeed be used to suggest to others what your sexual orientation is - and therefore does have something to do with it ;)

I think gay people act in different ways according to their personality - just as straight people act a certain way according to their personality.

If you are realistic, however, and you are a man and want to act in an effeminate or camp way, you should be aware that you are sending out "I am probably not straight" signals to everyone around you.

That's life. Doesn't matter if it shouldn't be like that or not. People judge you by your looks, clothes and the personality you project :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back