Why do we have to wear stuff others like?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locky458

Reaction score
Why?

I thought it was you should what you like, not others.

Today, I wore some skinny jeans with fancy shoes.

I got numerous compliments, but a lot of people kept criticizing me for wearing pants "that tight".

Why should I care?

I mean, shouldn't I care about what I like to wear? Instead of what others prefer me to wear?

And I really loved my outfit today. xD

Last year I would wear All that Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle and ect. stuff. It was popular, so I thought people would look at me differently

Now I just wear my graphic tees and skinnys. I get called Emo alot, but I'm not so I don't really care anymore xP It's what I like

When people like what you're wearing, and you know people like what you're wearing, you feel more confident about yourself.

Well, to answer your question, people wear stuff other people approve of so they'll like them.

And everyone knows that life sucks when everyone hates you.

But, the good thing is, that if your pleasant enough as it is, you can get away with wearing whatever you want.

Edit. Spelling fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, most of the clothes I like, my friends will also like too. I'll be like, "Isn't this cute?'' and they'll agree. According to my parents, it's a girl thing. We all agree with each other. To fit in. xD

My style is definitely undefined right now. It keeps changing. Even my more quirky garments are socially accepted here, though. I can wear PJ bottoms and a shirt I bought for, like, five dollars. And it'll be okay, whether it's designer or not. [Yes, I know a ton of girls who purely live for designer labels. Not cool.]

I think that if you like something, wear it. It's always a plus if others like it too, and you can get compliments, so following trends is just fine. But make sure to start a few as well. ;]

I know, but like It really hurt my feelings.

Because I loved the pants so much, and people just kept criticizing me..

And even if they hated, I really loved it, and it really made me somewhat upset..

You don't have to wear stuff other people like, but sadly, most people do. Wear whatever makes you happy.

I wear what I want. Today I wore red skinny jeans, metallic gold converse, and a black t-shirt with a blue rhinoceros on it. I'm the only guy in my school that dresses like that. Everyone that commented on my clothes today said they loved it, but I'm sure there was at least one person talking about "how gay" I looked or wondering what I was thinking when I got dressed this morning or something behind my back.

Whatever. It's expected, though. People like different things, and I don't care what people think about me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear what most would consider "athletic sweats" and a t-shirt. I don't care if other people don't like it, so long as I'm comfy.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't like it, don't look at it.

I wear what I want. I stand out. I hate looking part of the crowd.

Like my black tights, pretty little mini dress, my big ugg-like boots and a man hoodie. Mum told me I looked like a freak and i'm like "Thats what I was hoping." People looked and I smiled. I got weird stares, I just laughed at myself.

I am very self-confident so I feel confident in anything even if its uglier than my great aunt.

But some people hate standing out and don't be individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back