Why is it...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaGirliey

Reaction score
Why is it that people always seem to think that love is too much of a 'mature' concept for kids 11 and 12, ect.? I mean everytime I see a topic someone knows that whatever they feel isn't a crush, it's love, and then I see a reply along the lines of, "Ooohh it's not love it's just a crush", despite the fact that the person who said they know it's love really does know that?

I mean come on, not only adults know love. Kids can know it too.

Seriously. I mean it's getting annoying, always seeing people think they know everything about love, and telling the younger ones (like 11 and 12 year olds) that what they have isn't love.

Curiousity killed the cat. I'm not a cat, so don't kill me.

EDIT: I'm not talking about 8, 9, and 10 year olds either. I'm talking about 11 and 12 year olds, moreso the mature ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it is just that adults have had more experience of love... and based on their experience, they recognise that many of the times when they were younger, they thought they were in love (aged 12, 13, 14, 15 years) but they were wrong and it was just a crush...

Adults definition of love is different from young Childrens - perhaps that is where the confusion lies ?

I don't believe that love is impossible at 11yrs or 12yrs - but I can tell you truthfully that it doesn't really matter what you call it - love / crush - a relationship at that age is very, very different from a relationship at 18yrs or 21yrs or 50yrs ;)

I would think that a lot of people say things along the lines of that because they mostly... don't really think the poster is very mature, and can hold something as 'True Love'.

I wouldn't be able to say. People just sometimes attract! I know you can't put an age on it, exactly... But you've still got to be sensible, and think it over before you post it, no matter what your age is. That's just my opinion.

I'm only eleven. I haven't gone through what people call 'love'. I say that 'love' is just a word used to express a feeling that we go through once in our lifetime. The same with the word 'crush'. ;)

There's no way to judge love from a group of sentences on the internet. So, people always assume that the person doesn't really love them.

You cannot age love.

If somebody says they are truly in love, then they are. How would you know if they are or not?

Only they can feel what they're feeling.

You cannot age love.If somebody says they are truly in love, then they are. How would you know if they are or not?

Only they can feel what they're feeling.
^ Agree. It's not someone else's choice to tell you not to have your own feelings.

Why is it that people always seem to think that love is too much of a 'mature' concept for kids 11 and 12, ect.? I mean everytime I see a topic someone knows that whatever they feel isn't a crush, it's love, and then I see a reply along the lines of, "Ooohh it's not love it's just a crush", despite the fact that the person who said they know it's love really does know that?
I mean come on, not only adults know love. Kids can know it too.

Seriously. I mean it's getting annoying, always seeing people think they know everything about love, and telling the younger ones (like 11 and 12 year olds) that what they have isn't love.

Curiousity killed the cat. I'm not a cat, so don't kill me.

EDIT: I'm not talking about 8, 9, and 10 year olds either. I'm talking about 11 and 12 year olds, moreso the mature ones.
Your doing it now saying NOT 8, 9 and 10 year olds.

Your doing it now saying NOT 8, 9 and 10 year olds.
I think she's saying that yes, maybe it's slightly different for younger kids like that who are still learning about love, but for kids 11-12.....they are more mature and maybe know how they're feeling more.

I understand what everyone is saying. I know you can't age love. I know everyone knows their own feelings, and nobody else, but I just think sometimes people jump to the conclusion of 'love'. Just so they can say that they are in 'love'.

I understand what everyone is saying. I know you can't age love. I know everyone knows their own feelings, and nobody else, but I just think sometimes people jump to the conclusion of 'love'. Just so they can say that they are in 'love'.
Shut up.

My cousin (Tgd) is right. Love is not age, and people DO sometimes jump to the conclusion of 'love' but how do you know for sure unless you actually are them!?

Exactly. Stop being so smart on love. You aren't. Neither am I. Simple.

(Sorry. I am often very aggressive when it comes to things I feel strongly on)

I think she's saying that yes, maybe it's slightly different for younger kids like that who are still learning about love, but for kids 11-12.....they are more mature and maybe know how they're feeling more.
Exactly.

And I also kind of meant more in my age group. I do believe anyone can know love, I just wanted to discuss people of my own age group.

I agree with you. There's always some people saying, "You're too young to be in love."

How would they know unless they were you? You're the one in love. I'm 11 and I know what you mean. I'm sick of people saying that.

Matchy :p

Well, I think its how one can define the word " love".

With kids, I was talking with a girl in elm school and she said she loved a boy in her class.

Now until recently the boy began to get better grades and she then defined him as a "nerd" so she didnt "love " him anymore.

Adults may think kids confuse the word love with small feelings.

For kids, I think they exsperience " puppy love" .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back