Why we need to worry about global warming

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OK, so a lot of people are concerned about global warming, but why? Most people say "So it'll get a few degrees hotter, what's the big deal?" But it's more than that. For instance, flooding. If the earth gets hotter, coastal cities will flood. More deaserts will come. And so much more.

Much of our fresh water supply comes from ice. What happens if it melts? More people dying of thirst. Ever heard of Lake Chad, a lake in Africa? It's shrinking. It used to be huge, but it's drying up.

Coral reefs will also die. "What great barrier reef? Oh, that little thing? It's hardly bigger than I am!" That's us, not so far into the future.

There's so much more of global warming we don't realise. All these natural disasters, indangered species, we can prevent this! And it's ot just global warming we should worry about, but pollution in general. There are places (some of you may live in them) where you can't even drink the tap water. Do you want theese problems to get bigger? The more I read about things like global warming, the more scared I become. We need to prevent this.

Just thought I oughta let some of you know why we're so worried about global warming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back