WHY?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowfrost

Reaction score
I have seriously been considering going veggie but i need more reasons...

Do you have a personaly reason?A reason you read?

And most of all do you mind saying some true but mabey gross things about meat, i REALLY want to do this but don't know why PLEASE!!!

Thx

CF

I'm not a veggitarian but people have a variety of reasons to become one.

One reason could be to be healthier [the best reason] by cutting down on red meats and fatty burgers and the such.

I suggest you just cut down on things like than and not go all veggitarian- especialy since your body is still developing. Your body needs protein and meat is a main source of protein. Sure there are things like tofu which is high in protien but if your parents aren't veggitarian it might be hard for you to get all the protein you need without the meat.

Maybe just cut down on the meats that make you sick- stick with the fish.

Fish is really good for you. ;]

It could be healthy, but you still need the protein. Just cut down on the meats that make you sick and eat fish and have healthier dishes like salads with grilled chicken or crab meat and carrot sticks or raw broccolli with a lowfat salad dressing is a great snack too. But I wouldn't go all vegetarian.

Your going Veg? As in Vegetarian? THATS GREAT! I'm Vegan and I can give you some pointers. Here are some pros and cons.

-PROS of being Vegan/Vegetarian-

1. You over-all feel better/healthier, my allergies almost COMPLETELY disappeared when I went Vegan.

2. They say you have an extended life-span. About an increase of 3 years or more.

3. You get thiner, but not in a bad way (usually, but sometimes people get really thin). I lost about 20 pounds! I'm now 123 or so...

4. Your hair is stronger and your acne break-outs are not as bad.

5. You glow, (not laterally!) You skin looks healthy and you are more lively.

6. Extended stamina. I can now run all-out for 30 mins, before that was imposable for me.

7. If your Vegan/vegitarian your helping animals and the environment. Check out www.Peta.com, www.goveg.com or www.Peta2.com

8. as strange as it sounds, your SMELL changes. You don't stink so bad when you sweat and your BLOOD even changes smell...(or maybe its just me...) Also you don't get plaque on your teeth as bad and your breath is WAY better.

-CONS or being Vegan/Vegetarian-

1. You might need to take vitamins.

2. You might not be able to eat-out anymore at certain places or eat at school.

3. You might get really thin.

4. You might have trouble getting enough protein, some stores may not sell tofu or soy protein.

5. Vegetables don't last more than a week in certain fridges.

6. You might be/get to regular. Might lose weight or get dehydrated from diarrhea.

7. You can have health problems such as Iron deficiency or weight problems.

I eat absolutely, no meat or animal products (meat, eggs, milk, butter, cream, gelatin, fish, poultry, egg whites, jell-O, etc...) I read EVERYTHING on the back of food labels and research a new food for weeks before I eat it or buy it. I can't eat at school however, but I counter that by making my own meals of fried tofu and Asian vegetables. I don't wear leather or wool either. Anytime you want to ask me anything about your diet/new foods or sites feel free to do so, you should PM me if I'm online on Tamatalk, or send me an e-mail.

Its super great your thinking about going veg, keep me posted I can help you get started. I've been Vegan for 2 1/2 years and I'll tell you...ITS THE BEST THING YOU CAN EVER DO FOR YOURSELF AND THE ENVIRONMENT. Good luck. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW thanks!That really helped...But the bad thingh is i am really skinny as it is (NOt in a bad way)Its just the way i am, but man that would be nice, and being a natural animal lover that helps and so do your tips!But Vegan may be a bit hard for me...But i will actually look into it, after all life is about overcoming obsticals :D

CF

I have seriously been considering going veggie but i need more reasons...
Do you have a personaly reason?A reason you read?

And most of all do you mind saying some true but mabey gross things about meat, i REALLY want to do this but don't know why PLEASE!!!

Thx

CF
Iam what I'd like to call a meataterian! I love meat xd.♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥Steak...*drools*♥♥♥♥♥

If your naturally skinny it shouldn't be a problem. My friend who was Vegetarian and made me decide to become vegan is very skinny. You can tie a Naruto headband like a belt around her waist no prob. She's never had a problem and she eats very little. You should try it for a week an see how it all plays out. Keep me posted.

'meataterian'...the little evil voice in my head says 'idiot' (what a stupid word) but I say your a carnivore. Which is bad, read the stuff on www.goveg.com. You'll quickly change your views on meat, hey I'm not saying for you to go vegetarian but it'll change your idea of farms.

Ha, just do it the same way I did...

Houndour: "Mom, I'm gonna' be Vegan."

Houndours' mom: *lengthy conversation about how meat it good*

Houndour: "I'm fat and unhealthy, I'm going to be Vegan." *goes Vegan overnight*

*best thing I've ever done*

Now thats funny

xD My mom know i love animals, and my dad might freak but i dunno what they will think over all and Geze its not like i was going to starve myself (Ehemm...spring vacation?XD ) In Vacation i got sick and my daily intake was a couple of price of cantalope and a drink, relly for a week OWCH I just now got back to my regular diet

Ha, just do it the same way I did...
Houndour: "Mom, I'm gonna' be Vegan."

Houndours' mom: *lengthy conversation about how meat it good*

Houndour: "I'm fat and unhealthy, I'm going to be Vegan." *goes Vegan overnight*

*best thing I've ever done*
and at what age? (sorry just my curiosity!!)

anyway nice move crowfrost!! i'm trying to do the same.

well my reasons are mainly because i think meat tastes bad and because i feel really super bad about eating something that was alive and breathing.

and i'm also the only tree-hugging nature hater :) !!!!!!!! LOL it's true!!!!!

is it that easy to become a veegan or veg-head? well i was veegan for about 2 day so far...i'm not really paying attention to the days when i am and when i'm not (veegan).

hope i helped ^.^!!

It willl be really hard to cut down on the meats but if you are really wanting to do this then start with cutting down on the meats you do not like and work your way up. Though just to tell you it will be super hard but if you decide to continue in this veggie life I wish youthe best.

You could be a lose vegitarian. You only eat some meats. But you stick mostly to veggies and fruits. Like chicken only or whatever you like.

'meataterian'...the little evil voice in my head says 'idiot' (what a stupid word) but I say your a carnivore. Which is bad, read the stuff on www.goveg.com. You'll quickly change your views on meat, hey I'm not saying for you to go vegetarian but it'll change your idea of farms.
'Meataterian' I guess is a word that people use when they enjoy meat. I guess I could call myself one. I love meat, though I love animals too. My love for animals should not get in the way of my diet, because eating meat is good for you. Of course, too much isn't. If you become a vegeterian then you'll probably suffer from not enough protien, and even if you take vitimins or soy stuff, it doesn't replace meat. I can understand why alot of people become vegeterians, and I respect that. But I'll never become one. I love eating chicken too much. ;) And turkey. Oh, and hamburgers too.

*Tgd*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back