WISDOM NEEDED

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neimo

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I thought I'd post this in here, as this seems to be the hub of tamagotchi knowledge.

I've found a 'Tamagotchi Connexion ver 2' on ebay that I'm rather keen on. The package looks almost identical to the one my keitai akai came in, with a lot of japanese writing on it. It is very small and compact (not a big square or round bit of plastic like the american and european ones). The only difference from my akai pakage seems to be it says 'Tamagotchi connexion ver 2' on it instead of the stuff about the akai. It looks genuine, so I don't think it is a fake. I'm a little confused though, because the japanese ones are called 'tamagotchi plus,' I thought, and I didn't think there was a version 2.

Where were these released? I've never saw any like that in Aus, and from what I've heard the American ones are called 'connections' (with a 'c') and have notably different shell designs.

My main question I suppose is this the same as a standard V2? Is it in english?

If you could clear this up it would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much guys!

love neimo

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to the item you're describing.

The Japanese V1 connection was indeed called the Tamagotchi Plus - but other Asian markets such as Hong Kong also got ConneXions. It may be a Hong Kong tama?

It would be easier if we could see a pic :D

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to the item you're describing.
The Japanese V1 connection was indeed called the Tamagotchi Plus - but other Asian markets such as Hong Kong also got ConneXions.  It may be a Hong Kong tama?

It would be easier if we could see a pic ;)
ah ok! ummm I'm not sure if we can add links here, but here it is just in case ( https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Baidan-Tamagotchi-b...p3286.m63.l1177 )

Now I think of it, I don't know how to link that- so maybe just copy and paste? It says 'baidan' which I suppose is meant to be bandai?

I like your theory about it being a Hong Kong one :D

Thanks!

love neimo :D

* edit: fixed the link for you *

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... even looking at a pic, I am still not sure :D

The word "Baidan" could be a simple typo made when the seller listed it on ebay.

There looks like there is a BanDai logo on the packaging at the bottom on the far right hand side, but even with the larger picture, it is not clear. I see the seller has three tamas for sale in total. Another blue one and a Pink one

The key chains are different to the V2s that were released in Europe.

Perhaps that's the clue. I see a kind of snap-on yellow attachment in the photo - but I am not sure if that style of key ring was used in Australasia or not.

It definitely wasn't used in Europe or the USA on V2s anyway.

You have 2 weeks before the auction ends so I'm sure there will be other members who may know ;)

Well... even looking at a pic, I am still not sure :wacko:
The word "Baidan" could be a simple typo made when the seller listed it on ebay.

There looks like there is a BanDai logo on the packaging at the bottom on the far right hand side, but even with the larger picture, it is not clear. I see the seller has three tamas for sale in total. Another blue one and a Pink one

The key chains are different to the V2s that were released in Europe.

Perhaps that's the clue. I see a kind of snap-on yellow attachment in the photo - but I am not sure if that style of key ring was used in Australasia or not.

It definitely wasn't used in Europe or the USA on V2s anyway.

You have 2 weeks before the auction ends so I'm sure there will be other members who may know :)
thanks very much for your help :(

I sent a message to the seller asking for another photo if possible.

I've seen tamagotchi's in a very similar type of package (still not quite the same) at https://www.play-asia.com/paOS-01-49-en-70-os6.html

The keitai akai's also have the same keyring/attatchment thing

I'll wait for some other opinons

Thanks!

love neimo

Reading through the feedback on this seller, it seems they are not located in USA as they claim, but rather are in Hong Kong. If this is a real Bandai Tamagotchi, it's the Asian (Hong Kong) Connexion V2, which makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, perhaps "Baidan" is not a seller's typo, and maybe these are cheap fakes. I would use ebay's "ask the seller a question" link and request reassurance that these are genuine Bandai product, and / or request a photo where you can see the Bandai Logo - to make sure it says "Bandai" not "BaiDan" I've seem many virtual pets listed on ebay as "Tamagotchi" when in fact the packaging says something slightly different, such as "Tamogotchi"

Reading through the feedback on this seller, it seems they are not located in USA as they claim, but rather are in Hong Kong. If this is a real Bandai Tamagotchi, it's the Asian (Hong Kong) Connexion V2, which makes perfect sense.
On the other hand, perhaps "Baidan" is not a seller's typo, and maybe these are cheap fakes. I would use ebay's "ask the seller a question" link and request reassurance that these are genuine Bandai product, and / or request a photo where you can see the Bandai Logo - to make sure it says "Bandai" not "BaiDan" I've seem many virtual pets listed on ebay as "Tamagotchi" when in fact the packaging says something slightly different, such as "Tamogotchi"
Yeah, I asked the deller and they said it was a spelling mistake. They didn't have packaging like that here in aus (as far as I've seen), so the Hong Kong theory makes sense.

Do you reckon the seller is telling the truth? I guess they'd get in a lot of rtouble if they didn't...

I did ask for another photo, but haven't had any mention of them adding more.

Here is a web page which shows the packaging of, and some of the shell patterns of the Hong Kong releases of the Connexion Ver.2: https://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~uranus/plus/hk_v2/hk_v2.html
thanks! Well, it looks like it's there, there's the same blue shell only the buttons are different. But the packaging looks the same and the pink one was also there

looks like it's ok

Thankyou so much for you help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back