Wisdom Teeth!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinderpelt

Reaction score
So first thing tomorrow morning I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out... D: I'll be sedated with general anesthetic and then I'll be given Novocaine shots, I think four of them, one around where each tooth is going to be removed. I'll also be given a prescription for pain meds and antibiotics.

So tomorrow after surgery I'll be all sleepy and out of it, and Friday I'll probably be in pain. Recovery is 3-5 days. I have to go in again next week for a check up, even though I believe the stitches are biodegradable.

Um so basically I am not looking forward to it!

Who else has had their wisdom teeth out? Stories? (My catch phrase...) Discuss! ;D

Discuss! :'D

Apparently, I have wisdom teeth, but they don't need pulling. Yet. My brother had his wisdom teeth pulled, as well as two teeth surgically removed. He said that getting the wisdom teeth pulled wasn't as bad as the surgical procedure, for sure. xP

I probably will need mine pulled. At some point in my life.

Good luck, Katie!

Thanks Krystal! Mine aren't being pulled exactly... they x-rays showed they are impacted and will grow into my existing molars, so they're being surgically removed. They're being taken out before they can even grow in. I'm going to be happy to get this over with to say the least.

Ahh, good luck!

I haven't had wisdom teeth, but I do remember my mum and auntie getting their's taken out. Not a pretty thing. ):

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to have mine removed too. I have to go in for a consultation in a couple weeks and then I don't know when they will do the surgery but I'll have to have them removed soon I suppose.

I haven't had my wisdom teeth removed but my mom says it hurts like hell o.o

I've had mine removed. Personally, I typically don't respond too well to anesthesia, so afterwards, I felt really nauseous and I think I barfed (gross, I know). :p Other than that, I think I had a normal recovery as anybody, meaning cheeks a bit swollen for a few days, pain (I actually tolerated the pain more than when I briefly had braces), and had to eat soft foods. I was able to continue to work shortly afterward. The sides of my mouth were temporarily scarred, probably because of the instruments, having my mouth wide open, and whatnot. Overall, not too fun, but not so debilitating that you can't do anything soon afterward. To each his own though. Several of my friends have gone in and barely had any pain or swollen cheeks at all. Good luck, Cinderpelt! Everything will be fine. :furawatchi:

Thanks Krystal! Mine aren't being pulled exactly... they x-rays showed they are impacted and will grow into my existing molars, so they're being surgically removed. They're being taken out before they can even grow in. I'm going to be happy to get this over with to say the least.
Oh! That's exactly what happened to my brother. He said that it was an awkward experience, but the whole rest of the day, he got to eat mashed potatoes. So that made him happy. xD

Again, best of luck. It'll be over before you know it. Then, there's nothing else to worry about. :)

My wisdom teeth are in the process of growing in now, and I know it's likely that I'll have to have them pulled, because almost everyone does. Not looking forward to that.

You know, why on earth do they call them wisdom teeth if they're not even smart enough to grow in straight, huh?

I don't think I have my wisdom teeth yet, but I feel something coming in the back now that I checked. I hope I have them pulled, actually, because I really wouldn't want any more teeth in my mouth, lol.

Good luck with getting yours removed.

Well, I've had 11 baby teeth pulled.. Because they would never fall out. It made my "adult teeth" so messed up and so much work for my orthodontist. Regardless, It probably didn't hurt as much as wisdom teeth would, even though I had to get so many novicane shots >.< I think my Wisdom teeth are starting to grow in. Whenever I eat my gum hurts a lot, and I feel something pinching through. I probably will be okay when I need to get them pulled, from past experience with teeth (3 years with braces, 11 teeth pulled, etc) I wont be looking forward to this though.

Open your mouth, forget the pain! You're gonna get some Novocaine! ♪

Considering I haven't been to the dentist in five years (long story D:) I really don't know the current state of my teeth. My wisdom teeth (or any of my teeth, for that matter) haven't ever bothered me, so hopefully everything's all good.

Best of luck tomorrow Katie. It'll be over before you know it. :)

Good luck!

I just got my wisdom teeth pulled on Monday. Mine were all impacted too. Everyone I knew made it seem like it would be a lot worse than it is. It really isn't that bad, especially if you take the painkillers. I took one painkiller today (it's vicodin) and none yesterday. So far I haven't been in lot of pain.

Make sure to eat before you take the painkillers right after you get your teeth pulled! I didn't eat on Monday after my procedure and my mom gave me the painkillers (I was way too out of it to even understand I was taking them, haha). I was throwing up violently for the next two hours.

Well, I've had 11 baby teeth pulled.. Because they would never fall out. It made my "adult teeth" so messed up and so much work for my orthodontist. Regardless, It probably didn't hurt as much as wisdom teeth would, even though I had to get so many novicane shots >.< I think my Wisdom teeth are starting to grow in. Whenever I eat my gum hurts a lot, and I feel something pinching through. I probably will be okay when I need to get them pulled, from past experience with teeth (3 years with braces, 11 teeth pulled, etc) I wont be looking forward to this though.
I've had 7 baby teeth pulled in 4th grade... didn't have to get braces because of it.

Well only the left side of my mouth has wisdom teeth, is that normal? I can feel a bit of a tooth coming out from the top right side but the bottom one hasn't shown any signs or anything ;) I hope that's not weird xD

Thank you for all the kind good luck wishes everyone! I really appreciate it ;)

So far things have gone by smoothly, much more smoothly than expected. The pain medications are really awesome, not gonna lie, I'm not in any pain and barely any discomfort at the moment.

I went in at 10am this morning and I was really anxious about getting put to sleep. I don't even know why, the whole concept just really freaked me out. My nurse was sweet and helped calm me down though, and they gave me drugs to relax before hand so I wouldn't panic, haha. I don't even remember falling asleep, and the next thing I knew I was with my nurse and my mom in the recovery room.

I wasn't all high or crazy, I wasn't falling over limp and tired... I was fine. My mouth really hurt after the Novocaine wore off before I got my prescriptions back. I took fluffums' advice and had a milkshake before I took my meds and I wasn't nauseous at all, thank goodness. And the drugs are very effective so I feel great.

Tomorrow is supposedly the worst for pain, but if today was any indicator on how my body will take it, I should be okay!

Thank you for all the kind good luck wishes everyone! I really appreciate it :)
So far things have gone by smoothly, much more smoothly than expected. The pain medications are really awesome, not gonna lie, I'm not in any pain and barely any discomfort at the moment.

I went in at 10am this morning and I was really anxious about getting put to sleep. I don't even know why, the whole concept just really freaked me out. My nurse was sweet and helped calm me down though, and they gave me drugs to relax before hand so I wouldn't panic, haha. I don't even remember falling asleep, and the next thing I knew I was with my nurse and my mom in the recovery room.

I wasn't all high or crazy, I wasn't falling over limp and tired... I was fine. My mouth really hurt after the Novocaine wore off before I got my prescriptions back. I took fluffums' advice and had a milkshake before I took my meds and I wasn't nauseous at all, thank goodness. And the drugs are very effective so I feel great.

Tomorrow is supposedly the worst for pain, but if today was any indicator on how my body will take it, I should be okay!
I'm so glad. I'm still a little nervous about getting mine pulled but I'm glad you are doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back