woah

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
my friend was acting really wierd latly, she was laughing for no reson and somtimes she got really depressed, she acted like she was drunk, i thought it was puberty! but then one day wile i was hanging out with her and three of these really cute guys from our school, all of the suden they started smoking, then she said "o sorry were are my manners!" and she handed me one, i waved my hands implying "no" (i was still speachless) then she said "o come on! u no the stuff they tell u in health is a lie dont u? u KNOW they are just trying to keep us from having fun!" i couldnt believe it, this didnt sound the the friend i used to no! so i just shook my head and before i knew it i blurted out 'u already ruined ur life, so y are u tryin to ruin mine?!" i could NOT believe i said that! so she was like "so we arnt friends any more?", with my hands still clapped around my moulth i shook my head "no" and they walked away, the last thing i heard from them was when one of the(not so cute anymore) cute guys said "geez i used to think u were hot!" and after that i was frozen for at least a minute until i ran to the principals office to tell them about how they were taking drugs ( i was flipping out i wasnt thinking!) and she suspended them for a week!

Any way she hasnt called me in forever and i think shes still mad, that was the hardest thing i EVER had to do, cuz she was my best friend, i want to cry, has this ever happend to u? plz help my tramitized soul!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you should be proud you didn't take the cigarette :) Its a good thing to stick up for yourself in a time like that.

I know it might be hard, but the best thing to do would be to leave your friend alone. If they want to smoke, so be it, but I wouldn't ruin my life by smoking just for popularity >_>

From the way you phrased it, it sounds like she's on more than cigarettes. Were they smoking cigarettes or something different? If it's anything else it's probably pot. I know how you feel I have a lot of friends who are on a lot of stuff. You did the right thing. Really she just needs to make her own decisions, so don't feel like you need "save" her. Leave her alone and if she asks for help then help her, but don't start with drugs yourself. Don't worry to much though, worrying won't make anything better and most people "experiment" when they are young (but that doesn't make it ok). When she is an adult she will most likely look back on it and see how stupid she was being and regret it but she will probably be ok overall.

Smoking cigarettes (underage) or taking drugs is illegal in many countries, so I am going to guess it's illegal in your country ;)

Let's just think about this: How is a guy "cute" if he's so shallow and ignorant as to think you're "hot" just because you smoke a cigarette?

He maybe good looking but that's where it ends.

Are you the sort of person who cares about someone as stupid as that? Gosh I hope not. I know it's nice to have people like you and think you're cool - but make sure you are comfortable about why they think you're cool - or hot.

Sometimes it's really difficult to do the right thing. Sometimes it's tempting to keep quiet and just walk away and pretend nothing happened.

It seems to me that you have a friend who has had problems in the past and you were giving her a heads up that cigarettes and smoking are not going to solve anything.

If she is blaming you for reporting her to the principal, what did she expect?

What kind of a friend stretches the boundaries of friendship so far as to ask you to break school rules and take part in something illegal? She asked too much of your friendship and it is you who should be annoyed with her for laying that on you. Don't let a guilt trip eat at you.

This whole situation was her fault for putting you in the spot.

She should be apologising to you.

TamaMum hit the nail on the head I think.

Unfortunately, around these ages (14 - 16) people get initiated on these things. In my new class I know for a fact that everyone has had contact in one way or another with some illegal drug.

I think you did the right thing, because I know that when a person gets hooked onto these things it takes them a lot to stop it.

It is probably not a good idea not to go round with that kind of people - and if she has hidden those things from you till now, maybe she wasn't such a best friend. Either way, it is awful to find out that people you know do those things.

Personally, I think you handled it just right. Yay you!

A real friend would never offer you anything that will compromise your health. I had a long term friend who started to smoke for some unexplainable reason. After that I just dropped her and the whole group.

I didn't need that. Offering drugs or even smoking is a DEAL BREAKER. Friendship is over.

I heard that friends will come and go from your life. I thought that was a sad thing until it started happening to me, then I understood it was ok. People do come and go from your life. Let it happen if you believe it's the right thing to do.

^

|

|

|

"Personally, I think you handled it just right. Yay you! :)

A real friend would never offer you anything that will compromise your health. I had a long term friend who started to smoke for some unexplainable reason. After that I just dropped her and the whole group. Offering drugs or even smoking is a DEAL BREAKER. Friendship is over."

Smoking cigarettes (underage) or taking drugs is illegal in many countries, so I am going to guess it's illegal in your country :lol:
Let's just think about this: How is a guy "cute" if he's so shallow and ignorant as to think you're "hot" just because you smoke a cigarette?

He maybe good looking but that's where it ends.

Are you the sort of person who cares about someone as stupid as that? Gosh I hope not. I know it's nice to have people like you and think you're cool - but make sure you are comfortable about why they think you're cool - or hot.

Sometimes it's really difficult to do the right thing. Sometimes it's tempting to keep quiet and just walk away and pretend nothing happened.

It seems to me that you have a friend who has had problems in the past and you were giving her a heads up that cigarettes and smoking are not going to solve anything.

If she is blaming you for reporting her to the principal, what did she expect?

What kind of a friend stretches the boundaries of friendship so far as to ask you to break school rules and take part in something illegal? She asked too much of your friendship and it is you who should be annoyed with her for laying that on you. Don't let a guilt trip eat at you.

This whole situation was her fault for putting you in the spot.

She should be apologising to you.
i think it is legal cuz a lot of people in highschool do it, they teach us in health abut saying no to children asking u to smoke, they expect that to happen

anyway thanx all of u, i no i sshould leave her alone, its just so hard, weve been friends since kindergarden, and shes really changes after the drugs, if i ever get the chance to talk to her ill tell her i cant talk to her again unless she stops smoking

It seems that you did the right thing. Btw, cigarettes aren't drugs. Anyway, since the principal knows, she should contact their parents and their parents should be able to deal with it. Above the influence is a very good place to be. :lol:

Well, you did the right thing. :p BFF or not, I would have done the same thing. If you didn't tell the principal, they would have gotten away with it. The principal probably called your ex-best friend's parents, right? That would inform her parents that she was taking drugs along with some other people. If you didn't tell, it would be too late, and they would have taken too many drugs.

Actually, Gotchigirl, cigarettes are drugs.They contain tobacco and can contain other things such as cocaine, heroine,P and pot/marijuana.

You are so smart for refusing to associate yourself with drugs in any way shape or form!! Don't ever lose those values.

A lot of young people unfortunately do experiment with drugs, and many do eventually grow out of it. BUT, there are also lots of people who never grow out of it, and it ends up ruining their lives. It's not a risk I have ever taken, and I never will. I've seen the bad side of it firsthand over the years...with members of my own family. It hurts them and everyone around them. ;) Stay strong in your beliefs...no matter who it is that is involved with that stuff.

my friend was acting really wierd latly, she was laughing for no reson and somtimes she got really depressed, she acted like she was drunk, i thought it was puberty! but then one day wile i was hanging out with her and three of these really cute guys from our school, all of the suden they started smoking, then she said "o sorry were are my manners!" and she handed me one, i waved my hands implying "no" (i was still speachless) then she said "o come on! u no the stuff they tell u in health is a lie dont u? u KNOW they are just trying to keep us from having fun!" i couldnt believe it, this didnt sound the the friend i used to no! so i just shook my head and before i knew it i blurted out 'u already ruined ur life, so y are u tryin to ruin mine?!" i could NOT believe i said that! so she was like "so we arnt friends any more?", with my hands still clapped around my moulth i shook my head "no" and they walked away, the last thing i heard from them was when one of the(not so cute anymore) cute guys said "geez i used to think u were hot!" and after that i was frozen for at least a minute until i ran to the principals office to tell them about how they were taking drugs ( i was flipping out i wasnt thinking!) and she suspended them for a week!Any way she hasnt called me in forever and i think shes still mad, that was the hardest thing i EVER had to do, cuz she was my best friend, i want to cry, has this ever happend to u? plz help my tramitized soul!
at my school we have dare and it's about not taking drugs and smoking.and we saw something or a poster and it was very graphic and nasty! it had someone's teeth with black, and yellow and green teeth! it was flipping nasty. I lost my appitite that day!

at my school we have dare and it's about not taking drugs and smoking.and we saw something or a poster and it was very graphic and nasty! it had someone's teeth with black, and yellow and green teeth! it was flipping nasty. I lost my appitite that day!
I have D.A.R.E too! We have to make posters about not doing drugs and stuff. I also saw a video about what smoking/drugs do.

I'm so happy that you chose to say no. That's a horrible habit.

I just can't explain to you what a good choice it was to tell someone about it. Most kids would just keep it to theirselves because they wouldn't want to risk their friendship, but you made a great decision.

She doesn't seem like the type of person to hang out with if she's pressuring you into something you don't want to do and know is wrong. Try hanging out with some more trustworthy people next time.

D.A.R.E? I have that in my school. I got in the top 10 for who wrote the best essay!

xD

[and cigarettes aren't drugs. drugs are like meth, cocaine, and marijuana]

It seems that you did the right thing. Btw, cigarettes aren't drugs. Anyway, since the principal knows, she should contact their parents and their parents should be able to deal with it. Above the influence is a very good place to be. :)
cigaretts are drugs, cuz they still mess u up, if they wernt drugs, they would be ok to take, the definition of drugs is: somthing u take that will offect your body, and cigaretts is one of them, anywho, i think they were smoking pot, cuz it didnt look like cigaretts :) i feel bad, i mean, she was such a good person and she messed up her life now.

I would talk to her and just remind her of what a good person she was and just tell her and show her the effects of what shes taking. and you guys were such good friends she should listen to you. but if she doesnt listen then obviously shes not being a very good friend and i guess just leave her be. Im sorry this happned to me too before but i helped friend stop i hope she listens.

BTW good job for not taking the cigerett and that guy is so shallow!!GRR

Good Luck

Lynae

Cigarettes are a type of Gateway Drug. It can lead to other, more hard core drugs.

Nicotine is inside a cigarette and since nicotine is a drug, the cigarette itself is a drug. Just because it's legal and doesn't seem as bad as coke or herion or something like that does not mean it's not a drug.

It's not that great to lose a friend, but trust me, losing a friend who can be a bad influence, can probably be just as good as making a new friend.

And maybe you choosing not to hang out with her will be an eyeopening to her that drugs aren't that great. You shouldn't feel bad that she's mad. I would be mad at my friend if she ever did something as stupid as drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back