x.Chasing Sunshine

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Six, I believe. It's not long after 5pm there now, right?

I actually completely forgot Avery's pregnant until about five seconds ago. It was a weird revelation.

"Definitely not. Not ever," Brandon whispered, tightening his hold on her ever so slightly, as if protecting them both from that sort of reality. They both knew having to think about being away from each other was painful enough for him- even mentioning it in passing made his heart ache ever so slightly. "You and I are going to be together when we're silver haired and being looked after other people, when we can barely move ourselves; and you'll still be as beautiful to me as you are right now."

Caden first searched through the shelves nearer the front of the store, where, being a man of general order, he'd begun his search, moving through the seemingly endless plies of books, occasionally removing one he liked the look of, taking the time to flick through and skim the text at random point within it. He picked out a collection of Poe, and smiled as he scanned the titles mentioned in the contents page. It felt like forever since he'd sat studying within an English classroom, but he did remember quite clearly enjoying Poe, however morbid it might be to relish stories such as his. He tucked it under his arms while he resumed his casual search through the shelves.

"Definitely. Like, learning anything is easier when you're young, because when you're smaller you have to learn what you're taught quickly to 'survive', as it were," Kara said, though agreeing with him, it was mostly aimed as a thought being said out loud to herself; normally she wasn't one for sharing whatever scientific or psychological knowledge she had. "It's never too late to learn, though, of course. You're not old yet," she grinned at him, taking another sip of her drink. She definitely thought schools in English speaking countries were far too slow at teaching kids to speak other languages. Starting at fifteen in a school environment was no good, as far as she was concerned. "What would you learn, given the chance?"

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, I was just thinking about this today. It sort of popped into my head and I figured I should reply. It's been almost 3 months! I had to read a few pages to remember what was going on. 

Avery giggled slightly. They were only seventeen after all, and therefore the mere thought of being seventy was strange. "We have lots of time before that happens," she said. "We really shouldn't think of that. I like to thing of all the things I want to do with you while we're still young."

Unlike Caden, Cassandra had picked up a book she liked and had sat down with it. She was reading Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby at the moment. It had been one of her favorites since she had read it in high school and since then had read it numerous time. 

"Twenty three is kind of old, don't you think?" Keegan laughed before thinking about her question. "I think I'd learn Italian. The language has always sounded beautiful. And something completely unexpected. Maybe Icelandic."

Everyone's making a comeback after an absence of a few months, how weird! But it is wonderful to hear from you :)

"I suppose you're right," Brandon admitted with a soft chuckle, realising that really was a long way off. He then looked inquisitively at her, unable to contain his curiosity. "Well, can I hear some of these things? If I know what a few are, maybe I can help you with- for lack of a better phrase, I'm afraid- getting them done."

Caden picked out another book that he really loved from the shelf, Hardy's 'Far From the Madding Crowd,' examining the old cover, and thinking how much character and appeal it gave the book. He glanced at Cassandra, and then at the cover of the book she was reading. He took a step closer to her so that he didn't have to raise his voice and asked her, "Is that as good a book as it's claimed to be? I've been a deprived person and haven't read it yet."

"It's older than most people would start, I admit. But it's never too late to start anything, I think. I mean, NASA train all their employees with that computer course and it seems to work pretty well," Kara shrugged, sipping her drink as she listened to his choices of language. "That's interesting. So many people say French and Spanish, I guess because they're the most widely spoken. I have to say, I think something like Icelandic may well be out of reach of a twenty three year old accustomed to a Latin Language. Maybe I'm wrong- maybe if you find time you can prove me wrong-, but anyway. As for Italian, I'd have to say, it's a lot prettier than Dutch, I think it's a good choice."

It's okay, because now I'm going to tell you something that will make up for my three month absence? 

Ready?

Okay, well, I'll tell you in a bit. (;

"I've been thinking about it, and I really want to buy a house," Avery said. "I know that stage in our life is still so far off, but I grew up in an expensive apartment. I want my family to feel like a family, so I want to buy a place we can call our home. And I want us to decorate it ourselves." She stopped, to see how he would react. She wasn't quite sure if it was too early to discuss buying a home, but it was one of the things in her list. 

Cassandra looked up at Caden, surprised by his question. She had assumed most people had read it. "It's one of my favorite books," she replied. "It's just so well written and so concise at the same time. And it's a great story about the disillusionment of the 1920s." She flipped through the pages absentmindedly. "I think I'm going to get this edition. The one I have is really recent."

"Well, maybe one day I'll completely master the Icelandic language," Keegan laughed as he finished his drink. "I just think it'd be interesting to see people's reactions when you tell them you speak something as unexpected as Icelandic. Like you said, most people speak French and Spanish and other Romance languages. The fact that you speak Dutch is interesting, too. You're the only person I know who speaks it."

Okay, well. I guess I'll tell you. 

I'm looking at a college in London. :)

That's so cool! I approve already :)

Which one(s)?

"A house? Really?" Brandon replied, "I think that's... A wonderful idea. I'd like that, too, especially if we find somewhere that we can make our own and decorate it." He smiled at the thought of them living together in somewhere they could call their own, and making it look beautiful. "What got you thinking about that?"

Caden laughed softly at her expression. "I know, I know, shame on me and all that. But I guess we all have those books that we should read, and just haven't yet," he said. "It sounds interesting, though. I'll remember to have a read when I'm done with these," he said, briefly waving his books to demonstrate his point. "I guess I've kind of been going for pre-20th century books lately, and that's why I haven't looked at it yet."

"Consider it your new free time hobby, for the next.. I don't know, few years, or decades, depending how much time you have," Kara chuckled, taking the last few sips of her drink. "Definitely. Though, inevitably you will get all sorts of questions to find out why you chose something that obscure. If you don't have family connections, that'll really throw people off." She nodded. "I guess that Dutch is.. kind of odd, because it's a language all its own, because as far as I'm aware it's only spoken in Holland. So, in theory it's not very useful unless you're here often, but I suppose it makes German and Afrikaans much easier."

Um, UCL & KCL.

do you know where you want to go?

Avery shrugged. She want sure exactly how long ago she had decided this. "I guess the more I think about us being together, I just see us living in a traditional kind of home. It's just where I visualize us best. " She sat up slightly, straightening herself out a bit. "Unless you'd rather live in another kind of home. It's not going to be just up to me."

"You do have a point," Cassandra said. "I haven't read anything by Mark Twain. I did start Huck Finn, but I never really got into it. What did you get, though?" She gestured for him to sit down next to her. It was strange being so much shorter than him.

"You'll be the first to know once I consider myself fluent," he laughed and listened to her talk. "Are you here often, though? I mean, do you live here or elsewhere?"

I don't know much about UCL, but King's College? Wow. What are you planning to study there?

It depends on what I study, I guess. If I study art, I'd like to go to the Royal College of Art (we could be London buddies ;D), and if I study French or History, it'd be Oxford, I suppose. I imagine they'd both be quite expensive, though :/

Though, I just took a look. Apparently for Art, UCL is the best place to go in the UK, followed by Oxford :)

"I tink I'd prefer to live in a traditional house, too. I mean, I've lived in houses all my life, and I can't see myself spending long periods of time living with my family in anything else, really," Brandon replied. He smiled, "So we don't really have to compromise to please us both, in that respect, which makes me happy. We'd just have to argue over how we'd like to decorate it instead."

Caden took a seat next to Cassandra and showed her the books he'd picked out. "A collection of Poe. I think you either like him or you don't, but I've always liked his stories. And..." he switched the books over so that the other was on the top of the pile, "The Madding Crowd, by Hardy. Because it's a British classic. I'm more partial to Hardy than, say, Dickens, I'd say." It suddenly struck Caden as odd at the kind of conversation he was having. It wasn't often that he talked about books with people. Most people weren't interested anymore.

"I look forward to it," Kara smiled at him. "Well, I visit here often because I love it here. Technically I live in the US, but I kind of roam around because I don't really like being in one place for too long. Except here, I could stay here for long periods of time quite happily; it brings back good memories of when my Dad and I used to visit."

Is that a good wow or a bad wow? I like the way KCL sounds but I'd like to know what people in the UK think of it. I haven't done much research on UCL yet, to be honest. But at KCL I'd like to do either management or their undergrad English Law & American Law program. I don't really understand how the campuses work. There's nine and they're all spread out.

I do like KCL because compared to American schools, it's not that expensive. Tuition is about half of what you'd pay here to go to a school like USC or Northwestern. And that's before financial aid and everything.

"Oh," Avery laughed. "I do think that I should get to make the final decision on what looks good and what doesn't. I mean, you'll have some say, but I don't really think it will count for much." She was teasing him of course. For her to seriously think of completing such a huge project without any help or input from him was daunting, to say the least.

"I love Poe, actually," Cassandra said. "It's hard to pick one story of his that I'd call my favorite but I've always liked The Masque of the Red Death as well as The Fall of the House of Usher. I'm not familiar with your other book, though." She glanced out of the window from where she was. "I think it's stopped raining."

Keegan nodded, understandingly. He was, after all, the same way. He enjoyed a more itinerant lifestyle, as well. "Do you usually travel around America, then?" he asked her. "I guess I'm kind of the opposite. Born in America, traveling throughout Europe."

Last edited by a moderator:
A good wow. I've heard it's a very good University. In fact, I think it's in the Russell Group- our equivalent of the Ivy League. Both of them are, actually.

Don't ask me. I'm clueless about how University works xD

You know, its funny, as much as everyone laughs at the fact that we live in Dorset, I went to Bournemouth this evening and it's so gorgeous there. And its University is one of the best in the UK for Art, and I'd be really happy to go there and be near to the beach and my family.

From what date are you getting your figures from, though? Unfortunately under the new government fees are probably going to triple.

"Hm, fine, then. I'm glad you hold my opinion so highly," Brandon said, faking a genuinely hurt look. He then smiled and said, "I trust you, though. So long as I get a say in what goes in the kitchen, you can do what you like. Have you thought about where you'd like to live? I mean, I have no clue about where's good to live over here."

"I agree. I can pick the one I dislike the most, but I couldn't say which one is my favourite. I dislike The Pit and the Pendulum because the ending is a bit of an anticlimax, and therefore really uncharacteristic of Poe," Caden said. He looked out of the window and was glad to see that Cassandra was right, and that the rain had stopped. "Great. Are you all set?" he said, getting up from his seat.

"Yeah, I've travelled through America quite regularly, though more frequently I've been coming back to Europe to move around because I just like the different culture, I guess," Kara replied. "It's nice to meet another roamer. I swear, every time I meet and old friend I get a lecture about how I should be putting down roots somewhere and be confined for the rest of my life. It's like I'm a forty year old without even a boyfriend, instead of a twenty two year old," she chuckled. "So, where have you liked the most out of Europe so far?"

The brochure I have for the 2011-2012 school year puts tuition at the equivalent of approximately 20000 US dollars for a year. And honestly, by many standards, that's cheap. Most schools, unless it's a public instate university, costs at least 40 grand a year. I think what I like most about King's is that I'd be able to study law as an undergrad student. I mean, here you HAVE to be a grad student to study law.

It's almost 2 AM and I spent the last three hours watching Weeds. It's such a funny show. I don't know if you've heard of it. IT'S HILARIOUS. pretty vulgar, but hilarious.

"You can decorate the whole kitchen if you want, love," Avery laughed. "After all, you're going to be the one who uses it most, right? Or will we be one of those families who orders take out for every meal?" She thought about his question; she didn't really have an answer for it. "I don't know, actually. It's not something I've thought about. I figure that where ever we are, we'll be happy. And besides, it wouldn't be fair for me to pick where we're going to live. What if I had terrible taste and we were stuck in a boring, small town for the rest of our lives?"

Cassandra nodded and stood up. "Are you getting those books?" she asked Caden. "Because I think you should get The Great Gatsby as well." She stopped talking for about half a second, because continuing after a new idea popped into her head. "Or, actually, I'll get it for you. Like a present, you know? I already have a copy and you haven't read it. At least this way, whenever you do have time to read it, you'll already have a copy on you." She smiled, and before he even had a chance to protest, she went over to the checkout counter.

"Oh, I definitely understand. Every single time I have a conversation with my sisters or my mother, they always tell me that it's time for me to settle down. I hate that, though. If I don't do what I want now, when am I going to do it?" He agreed with her. "Now that you've asked, I feel obliged to say Amsterdam. I do like it here, however. I think my all time favorite was Santorini in Greece, though. That place is beautiful."

40 grand.... Wow.. But, yeah 20,000 dollars probably equates to around about the 9,000 pound mark, which is how much it is here. Getting scholarships and bursaries here is much harder than in the US, though. They're much less generous with grants. But I can't believe you pay double what we pay for new fees for college... That's just insane to me.

I've never heard of it, actually. Maybe I'll check it out sometime. Gosh, I feel like such a lightweight compared to you, though xD

"We will definitely not be one of those families who orders take out for every meal, thank you," Brandon replied, "That would pretty much take away the only job around the house that I'm sort of good at." He thought about living in a place like Ivory Bridges for the rest of their lives. Of course, he didn't hate it there- how could he? If he hadn't moved there, he wouldn't have met Avery, or at least not quite so soon- but it wasn't his favourite place in the whole world, and he figured she felt pretty much the same about it."I'd have faith in your choice. Considering where we live at the moment, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to pick somewhere like that for us," he pointed out, "But I'll help you choose if you'd prefer that."

"Oh well, you know, that's not.. I can--" Caden stopped mid sentence when he realised that he had no hope of getting a word in before she bought it, so he gave up and bought his books at the other till in the meantime. "Thank you," he said with a smile, when they'd both stepped out of the shop. "You didn't have to do that you know, but I appreciate it. And just to show it, I'll read it before I read the others." He gestured to his other books, "I mean, I could have got you the Hardy as a kind of exchange, but he's an acquired taste and I'd rather get you something I know you'd like."

"Exactly. When you're married and you have a mega mortgage to pay and things like that, there's just not the time or the money," she agreed, glad someone at least knew where she was coming from. "Oh, you don't have to, I think of a lot of places in Europe more beautiful than Amsterdam, so I don't mind at all. So, Greece? Never been there, actually. I've only been about as close as you can get without actually being in it. It sounds nice, though."

Really? That's awfully depressing. And I doubt UK colleges give out scholarships for doing well on the PSAT, like most colleges here do. GAH why can't college just be free? I mean, we need to learn right?

I was up till 5 watching the first season of Weeds. IT IS SOOO GOOD. You must watch it whenever you have time. Each episode is only half an hour each. I feel like someone gets laid in every episode though. I wonder what channel it's on here, because there is some nudity & the only shows that I've seen do that are English shows.

"Oh, no. I was so looking forward to fattening Chinese food," Avery laughed. She was quiet for a few minutes, thinking about where exactly she wanted to live. "I do want to live close to a city. I don't either of us could live in isolation for a prolonged period of time. Oh! What if we bought a house on the beach somewhere. Like a vacation home, almost, except we'd spend the whole year there."

"Maybe I'll try out one of his books one day," Cassandra said. "But you really don't have to get me anything. Besides, the only thing I really want to do is get dinner. I feel like it's been ages since I last ate. Do you have anything in mind?" They were, in fact, surrounded by a large variety of restaurants. They all looked different, but in fact, Cassandra had no idea what they were offering, so she thought she would let Caden pick where to go.

"Greece is nice. You've probably heard all about Athens, I'm sure. It's not to say that I didn't like it, but it has a very touristy feel to it," Keegan said. "I loved Santorini. I think it's just one of those places you need to go visit before you die. Not alone though, but with other people you love."

Actually, they tend to give better scholarships and more places to people from other countries than to people from England, which is strange but true. I know. It's ridiculous... It's suddenly like rich people are the only people who should be educated again.

I think tuition is actually free in Scotland, the way it used to be all over the UK. But I wouldn't quote me on that.

Hahaha, okay, I'll make sure I put aside some time to watch :) Sounds interesting. Yeah, nudity can be shown on the main TV channels after a certain hour. I mean, we've had the full on stuff on programs like Celebrity Juice, like getting a naked old guy to approach Fearne Cotton while she's blindfolded.

"Hey, I didn't say take out wasn't allowed. In fact, I like takeaway. But I like to cook, too, which means you'll have to occasionally put up with my terrible food," Brandon chuckled. The idea of a house on the beach sounded really nice to him, and he nodded enthusiastically. "I think that's a really good idea, actually," he said, "I'm pretty sure even I know about a few states with famously nice beaches. I'd like that a lot."

"Okay, since we're having dinner, I'm buying," Caden replied, satisfied with with that plan. From that point there would be no point trying to convince him otherwise, either. Of course, like any big city that would play host to all kinds of cultures, there were all kinds of different restaurants for different kinds of food, but it made sense to him to try out the local Dutch food. He pointed to one across the square that looked as though it served traditional Dutch cuisine and he said, "I figure this might be a good choice. You know, 'when in Rome..' and all."

"Then I'll make sure to pay a visit sometime. I guess it should soon, since it'd probably be somewhere nice to take my dad before he gets too old to really travel anywhere far," Kara mused. She imagined taking her dad was the best option, since he was the only family Kara had, and she didn't really have many friends close enough to satisfy Keegan's suggestion.

Really? That's so strange. It's the opposite here. If you're an international student coming to the US, they accept slightly based on your ability to pay the full tuition price. 

In Scotland? I don't really want to go to college in Scotland. ):

Fearne Cotton is really pretty, I think. 

Anywhom, I think Weeds is a late night show because normally you can't say the f word or the c word or have partial nudity on America tv. And I see all three on Skins all the time! And now Skins has ended and I have to wait till next year till season 5! Why are your seasons so short!?

"Really?" Avery asked. "And which states would those be?" She was starting to wonder how much Brandon knew about America. He hadn't been here very long, of course, but she had learned a bit about English history in school, though barely anything. Maybe in England they learned more about the US, though she doubted it. 

Cassandra was hesitant, to say the least, though she did agree to try it. "I know absolutely nothing about the cuisine here," she warned Caden as they entered the restaurant. "If you know anything at all, I'm going to count on you to help me out, okay?" She gave the hostess her name and was told it would be a short wait before they were seated. 

And I'm way too lazy to type anymore on my iPhone. Ha, I'll do it in a bit or something. 

That makes more sense, especially because of how up tight this country is about foreign people here. "We need tougher laws on immigration, oh, but we'll still offer cheaper university places to foreign students."

No, I know, neither do I. It was more of a statement than a suggestion, I suppose.

I think so, actually. They always make fun of her rather large nostrils on that show, though.

The only thing I can think of about that is that the channel on which Skins is aired is only available to some people, so they don't have to show it quite so late as they would do for the main TV channels. Do they say the c word on Skins? I didn't know it was allowed on TV here. I personally hate that word, but anyhow. Seasons here are short, aren't they? It's seriously frustrating ):

"North Carolina, apparently. Florida. And, of course, California. Not the whole lot of beach states, I know, but I don't really know a whole lot about the US," Brandon chuckled. "I already stopped taking Geography back at home, so I barely know what my own country looks like." Honestly, he had been living here for a little while, but Brandon hadn't really felt the desire to learn what was good in what state and where they were in relation to each other.

"I wouldn't worry too much. I don't think it's too 'out there' in terms of what's in it. Not even as radical as the French and their snails, I'm pretty sure," Caden reassured her as they waited for a table. "I mean, we don't have to eat here if you really don't want to. It was just a suggestion, since we're in Holland and all." He looked over the menu. As far as European food went, Dutch cuisine had a few specialities from what he could see, but certainly compared to France and Spain, it was much more like food in America.

That's alright :)

College is usually the last thing I want to think about but also what I think about most of the time. It's incredibly annoying. 

I have to watch Skins online anyway. I don't think we have the UK series here. We do have a crappy US remake. I'm pretty sure they've said it once or twice, thought not often. 

"We wouldn't have to live here you know. As in the US," Avery said. "We could go somewhere else - like Australia. There's a lot of beaches there." She laughed and stood up, feeling the need to move around. She opened the mini fridge in the hotel room and pulled out a bottle of water and poured a glass for herself. "Would you like some?" she asked him. 

"No. We can eat here. I'm more than willing to give it a try," she told him. She read the menu over his shoulder, trying to figure out what she wanted to eat. Even with the short descriptions of each entree, she still wasn't sure what she wanted - though now, it was because of the wide variety of options and not from a lack of knowledge of the options. While they were reading, the hostess called out for them, ready to lead them to their table.

Keegan nodded. "I'm sure he'd love it. I can't think of why anybody wouldn't." In the back of his mind, he wondered how to break it to his fiancee that he didn't want to be with her. He tapped his fingers on the bar nervously, trying to think of a way to continue the conversation, as to get his mind off Lucille. "So, what's your favorite place that you've been to?" he asked her. 

It's always like that, though, I suppose. The things that bother me most are the things I want to forget, but just can't.

How interesting. That's the first show I've heard of that's used that word that's on a free channel.

"That's true. There's also plenty of beaches in the UK, but I think Australia is the better bet; you'd actually get to use them for more than two weeks in a year," Brandon chuckled. "I just didn't think of anywhere else, you know, in case you still wanted to be near your family. But for me it doesn't really matter. I mean, I love my aunt and uncle, but I wouldn't stay in one place just for them." He stood up and nodded gratefully at her as she asked if he wanted a drink. He took the glass nearest to him once she'd finished pouring water into them. "Thank you," he said, taking a sip. He laughed then and said jokingly, "You know, I just thought, there are also beaches in... Ethiopia, for example."

"It all looks really nice, actually," Caden mused as they looked over the menu. They were called to their table and they followed the hostess to their table. Caden pulled out a chair for Cassandra before seating himself opposite her. He smiled and said, "Because someone has to prove that Bostonians have manners." He reached for a menu again to try and narrow down his choices from what he'd looked at on the board outside.

"It really must be beautiful, in that case," Kara replied, trying to imagine somewhere so wonderful that noone could possibly not appreciate it. His question was one she had difficulty answering. She had a lot of places she loved, all for different reasons, some sentimental, others because they were places so full of culture and beauty. "I have to say, I went to Mumbai and that city has everything. It's really vibrant and amazing. Cape Town is also beautiful. I mean, South Africa itself has its flaws but all in all it can be considered one of the most amazing places I've certainly ever seen."

Ah! Caden's from Boston. This is relevant because one of my top schools is Boston University. <3

I believe they've said it - though don't take my word. I may just he stereotyping unconsciously. 

Oh - you may have heard by now, through Tumblr or Facebook, but I thought I'd tell you myself but I'm the editor in chief for the online version of our newspaper:)

"It's not that I don't not want to be near them," she said,"but that I don't want to tie myself down. I'm going to have to learn to be independent eventually and I shouldn't have to depend on them. Besides, I should be able to live wherever I want. It's not that I'm going to cut off all ties to them." She finished her glass of water, which was extremely refreshing and sat back down on her chair. "Ethiopia? I'd be happy to if that was where you really wanted to be."

"Thank you," Cassandra smiled and reached for the other menu. "I'm actually beginning to doubt you're from a city. You're almost too kind." She looked over the menu once more and decided she would try something from the seafood section, though she wasn't sure what yet. "Have you decided on what to get?" she asked him, after a few minutes of silence. 

"I haven't been there," he said. "To either, actually. Though I would love to visit Africa, in general, someday. I've heard great things about it. That's not to say I haven't heard bad things, but none of those would justify me never seeing the continent." He enjoyed talking to Kara. She was interesting and like him, she loved to travel. Not many of his friends and family understood why he couldn't just pick a place and stay there, so it was a nice change of pace to talk to somebody who did. 

Awesome <3 I've heard good things about Boston.

Maybe, but I believe you all the same. It could happen. I just don't watch enough TV to know.

I heard you were really excited and happy about something through Tumblr, but I didn't actually see what. I was going to ask you, as a matter of fact. That's really amazing!! Well done! :)

"I like the way you think," Brandon said with a smile as he finished his glass of water, "I know a lot of people are afraid to be far from home, because of family, but I think sometimes you have to do what's best for you. If they care about you that much, they'd want you to go wherever makes you happiest." He joined her by sitting back in the other chair. "Perhaps a visit would suffice, but I don't think it's where I would want to live," he chuckled, "But I appreciate that. Although, we'd never agree because I want to be wherever you want to go."

Caden laughed a little bit. "Who knows, perhaps I was a poor farm boy from England in a past life and the courtesy has never left me." He looked over the menu and spotted something that he'd heard of before. "Maatjesharing. I've heard it's the most famous Dutch delicacy. I guess I feel a little obliged to have it now," he said, "So I think I'll try it and see." Raw fish wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but Caden liked Sushi anyway, and decided to go for broke and have some. "What about you?" he asked her, setting down his menu.

"Definitely. Africa is one of those places that's so unlike anywhere else on the planet, that never going there is something I wouldn't dream of. I mean, you go there, and you have to be prepared for a lot of things, and it's eye opening to say the least, but they've understood better than people in the west ever did about the importance of keeping the places they treasure the most as beautiful as they always have been," Kara replied. "The people are amazing, too. You know, it's funny, they're aware that you're probably far better off than they will ever be, but they'd still give you the shirt off their own backs." She glanced at her watch, purely out of interest, and was surprised to see how the time had suddenly flown on. One minute, seconds were feeling like hours, and then when Keegan came along and they got talking, she barely noticed time ticking by. But she wasn't surprised, it was great talking to someone as interesting as Keegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back