Your almost at death stories.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
about a thousand times. my mom tells me that when i was in the womb, he blood pressure got real high. i was thrashing about and got hanged by the cord. if it weren't for my strong lungs, i could've been miscarried. they had to do a c-section when i was 8 months or so. thus, i have 2 birthdays; april 7 and may 7.

When I was 5 , I fell down several flights of stairs (clumsy)

I went into septic shock when I was 8 ;_;

I got hit by a car last year, and thankfully just broke my leg and arm

When I was 7 we were driveing in a foresty type area to the beach and we were driving at about 60 miles per hour and a tree fell while we were driveing and we hit it... Well my mom was not hurt but I chocked on a Pretzel stick... XD

I go everywhere on my bike and I've nearly been hit on very busy roads a couple of times. :p

I was in the car with my mom and my sister when she had just learned how to drive. We were exiting onto the highway and my sister was driving and wasn't paying attention therefore drove into a busy highway where a car almost slammed us from the side. My mom yelled at her to stomp on the brakes just in time but oh my god I saw my life flash before my eyes and my heart was racing.

I've never really truly been near death.. it's weird. I've never even had a major injury. I have been in a few car crashes though, that stuff is scaaaary.

Another thing....

For 4 years I took horseback riding lessons until I got my horse last year.

I remember the first fall I was riding a Quarter Horse named Baldie, and she spooked at a bird and hopped sideways... I flew off but landed on my FEET like 20 feet away xD If I had landed on my head I wouldn't be here to post this.

And another....

My 2nd fall was when I was riding a Thoroughbred (used to be a racing horse) named Utah. I was taking my first 2-foot jump, and there were some "terrifying" fake flowers on them. Well, Utah spooked ONE stride before the jump, he dove over it as though it were 5 feet tall, and he started plunging and galloping away. Of course I was totally unprepared for that, so as we were going over the jump I was flung to the right side, hanging on by my foot twisted in a stirrup, my hand on the reins, and my other hand gripping his mane. So he got dangerously close to the wall, and my face almost smashed into the gate. As he ran by the bleachers I knew I would be killed if I hit them, so I flung myself off right before we reached them. His hooves were literally inches away from my face when I fell. Luckily I was wearing a helmet, and I landed hard on my shoulder, then hit my head. I only got whiplash and my body was as stiff as HELL the next day so my mom had to help me get my stuff into school which was pretty embarrassing because I'm known as the more tough one in class ;_;

And the last

Last year I was riding a brown/black hack horse (absolutely stunning), which was my favorite ride because we just "clicked" and we could do whatever we wanted....Well I was cantering quickly around a corner, and I got up into 2-point (jump position) to practice my balance, and I didn't even realize we were turning the corner, and he made a sharp turn, and I just slipped right off the side. He REALLY loved me though and I'm glad he was so careful, because when I fell I landed under him, and he jumped around me. I wish I could still ride him, but I have my own horse now so I can't :p

i was in the bathroom changing into my pants for school at like six in the morning. i fell but pulled my knees out first so they fell instead of my head or like me falling backwards. if it wasn't for that it would have been a messy spaghetti party.

When I was 2, I was in a major car accident. I would have died if the driver of the other car had even smashed a foot further to the left.

Seventh grade, caught salmonella in my bloodstream, likely from lizard urine (no idea how, honest!), was out of school for three weeks, ended up going to the emergency room. The doctors saved my life.

When I was 15, I tried killing myself 6 times, pills, knife, jumping off the roof, that sort of dumb stuff. (I am very hard to kill, so I've learned) I went to rehab though and I'm better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm wow 0 _ 0 well... When I was born I couldn't breathe and they had to do surgery on me, when I was five I was jumping on the couch, slipped and hit my face on a glass table. I've also had swine flu and pneumonia.

I know a couple incidents that happened to me.

Once in 2004 or so, we were driving from my cousin's hockey game then out of NOWHERE this idiot zooms past us just as the green light came on, if we had not seen that car and slammed the brakes I'm not sure I would be here today.

I choked on a Ice cube once, but that happened when I was a little girl and the ice cube melted in my mouth. :p

And in Grade 5 a thing from my Backpack got caught in the school bus doors, and the bus driver started driving and didn't notice that I was being dragged. If I didn't yell "STOP!" I would most likely be killed. Thank god he stopped.

When I was really little, my mom was getting gas and I was standing outside the car with her. She turned away for a second, and I was getting ready to run out in front of a car.. She yelled to me to stop and I did.. right as the car passed. :eek:

nothing too major but when i was 8 or 9 i choked on an everlasting gobstopper....

13 years later i've never let another one even touch my mouth!

and i've fallen out of a tree and a bunk bed and hit my head >.<

I used to have stairs in my house, fell down them multiple times.

Drowned in a Koi Fish pond once.

And to top it all of when I was twelve I decided that running across a busy highway at around 11:00 pm was worth saving an already dead puppy.

^^ reminded me of more

i fell into my grandparent's pool when i was a toddler - _ -

when i was around 7 i fell into a hot tub! it was a pretty deep one too.....

When I was 6 years old I had a series of seizures, & I was clinically dead for 5 minutes.

(NO I don't remember if I saw God or anything) cx

My family house is situated on top of a hill, and up the side of the house we have a concrete footpath. It goes all the way down the hill, and stops near our driveway. Our neighbours have a small fence.

Well, when I was three, I rode my bike from the top of the hill. I didn't know how to stop my bike. I hit the fence and flew over onto my neighbours drive way and split my lip open and hit my head. My Mum was at home alone that day, and she freaked out. She said I had blood all over my face.

About half an hour later, I went back up to the top of the hill, and actually stopped before hitting the fence. I was fearless.

The next time I almost died was when I was six, and I was at the local pool. I slipped and fell into the water and stopped breathing. I was pulled out of the water by someone's Mum (So much for the life guards there). After that, I participated in swimming lessons and I have loved swimming ever since. I was never fearful of the water, even though I almost drowned.

There was also the time I was 17, and I had hyperinflation of my lungs due to Asthma. I had trouble with my lungs for a whole week, went to the doctors and all of a sudden I was shoved on a machine and sent to hospital. My lung capacity was only at 70%, and I felt like poo. That was the first time I had problems with Asthma, and I've had it for most of my life.

I caught Chicken Pox when I was 20. Yes. I know. A little bit too old to catch that. Supposedly the later you get them, the worse off you are, but I felt fine when I had them - I just hated being stuck in quarantine! But that isn't really a 'close to death' type story.

When I was 12, I fell four meters from a tree, and landed on my face, on concrete.

Half my face was basically crushed, and I almost broke my back.

My classmates who were with me on the schoolyard when it happened says I was quiet for about thirty seconds before I started screaming, and that they'd thought I was dead. Then I was

apparently up both walking and talking in some kind of semi-counciounness, and just like a sleepwalker I behaved strangely.

I have a two-hour memory gap from the incident, and remember waking up on my mother's health center. Apparently they'd thought I'd been awake and just extremely shocked the whole time I was "sleepwalking", but I remember blurry dreams from the time, so I was definatly not councious.

When I woke up, my mind was blank and I had no memories of anything. Then, very surrealistically all of my memories just kinda fell back in place one by one, at an accellerating pace.

I only have a few small scars from gravel pieces over my left eye from the accident luckily.

When I was 2 I climbed onto the railings of my stairs and jumped off. I have no idea on why i tried to suicide though.

Fell down the stairs

Fell down the staris

Fell down the stairs again

Almost fell off a cliff while i was trying to go down to the beach O_O

Car Crash

Car Crash again

and...Car crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back