Your favorite way of carrying your tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could crochet you a pouch for them so you can carry them quietly on your lanyard and they would be protected from scratches etc...and if not a pouch then separate covers for each the connection and vintage covers are really easy to make <3

I have a batman lanyard that I would have 15 on at once. It was really heavy and the clattering noise was really loud and constant. I keep them in my pocket and 2 on my lanyard. I don't want to put them in my backpack in case I can't hear them and they die :eek: . I need to find a better way of carrying them though cause I wear skinny jeans so having so many in my pocket is hard.

when i go walk, i usually take my v4 with me, which i just keep in my pocket, but when i'm in my car, i put my id l in a little box, which is filled with some tissueas to make it softer for my tamagotchi, the pther ones are just in a plastic bag in which i carry my ds stuff, as it would be hard to hold everything in my hands

When I was little, I wore my Tamagotchi on a chain around my neck. I can't get away with doing that as much these days so I've mostly been tucking mine safely inside my purse when I leave the house.

My sister just gave me her old Tama case that she got in 1997 when we first started collecting Tamas. I don't know why I didn't have one when I was little, too, but I'm really excited to have this one to use to protect my Tamas from getting damaged nowadays. It's the perfect size!

tamakeychaincase_zpsca2c0d11.jpg

I keep my iD L in a phone sock (just a crocheted owl with a button closure) and usually carry older tama's with my car keys though I stopped because they were getting a little scratched! So, I usually put them in one of the mini pockets of my purse or I'll put them in my pocket with the key ring hanging out.

When I was little, I wore my Tamagotchi on a chain around my neck. I can't get away with doing that as much these days so I've mostly been tucking mine safely inside my purse when I leave the house.

My sister just gave me her old Tama case that she got in 1997 when we first started collecting Tamas. I don't know why I didn't have one when I was little, too, but I'm really excited to have this one to use to protect my Tamas from getting damaged nowadays. It's the perfect size!
T h a ti s

s o

e p i c

I haven't seen that case before. Nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
T h a t

i s

s o

e p i c

I haven't seen that case before. Nice!
Thanks! Yeah, I'm bummed that I haven't been able to find anything like it online. I guess maybe only a small run of them was made in 1997. The tag gave the production company's name, but I don't think it's in business anymore.

The ones I have for now (My V6 and V5) are on a green lanyard I take EVERYWHERE. Well, not everywhere but you know what I mean. :p

I have one of those Gotchi Gear pouches, so I stick one of my Tamas in that. I think I need to make some simple pouches (need to find some cute fabric for it/them)...

I wish they sold things like tamagotchi pouches in stores. I can't buy things online ;_;

Right now I only have a green lanyard but I'm hesitant to carry my tamas around on it because it"s not too sturdy and they fall off. D:

I wish they sold things like tamagotchi pouches in stores. I can't buy things online ;_;

Right now I only have a green lanyard but I'm hesitant to carry my tamas around on it because it"s not too sturdy and they fall off. D:
Toy stores sold Tama pouches (like the one in the photo I posted above) back in the day when they were super popular. :rolleyes: Even a few years ago, around 2008-2009, I could find Gotchi Gear and other accessories at stores like Toys 'R' Us and Target. That stock dwindled down though... and eventually disappeared altogether. So sad.

It's disappointing how the craze died down so much and now stores carry pretty much nothing Tama related-- in the US at least.

Added:

I forgot to mention this when I first posted! Once in a blue moon, I'll come across a few random Tama accessories at stores in my area. I don't know if they're items employees discovered in the back storage, or if the stores actually got small shipments of Tama items, but it's always a fun surprise to see them on shelves. So I'd say it's always worth checking toy stores for random items. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually just crochet little covers and put screen protectors on them. Just made a new case for one of my P's. Working on 3 more for my Aikatsu set and the other 2 that are coming in the mail :)

20130815_171609-1_zpse831a9cf.jpg

20130815_171624-1_zpseb35ea3d.jpg

20130815_171632-1_zps4aab152d.jpg

When I was little I carried mine in my pocket. Once I got too many to fit my pocket, I connected the chains and attached 'em to a keyring bracelet.

...But once I got in trouble for carrying 'em that way, I went back to only carrying two or three in my pockets. -u-;

Nowadays, with how pockets on women's pants have practically gone extinct, I'll probably resort to keeping it in my purse. Just like I do with my 3DS. ^_^

I usually hand carry my Tamagotchi P's, and I carry my V5 on a lanyard.

I've started keeping my Tamagotchi P's in a "Nightmare before Christmas" coffin box wallet thing That hangs from my belt by a chain, It looks awesome and keeps it safe but I NEED to be careful when taking it out so that the Zips don't scratch the casing ... It's really Ironic that a pink Tamagotchi is in a coffin but that just makes it more fun. :D ^_^

I simply couldn't leave my Tamas at home, I carry them everywhere I go in a small Nightmare Before Christmas bag I bought for £3 especially for them. It's got a little pocket so that I can carry a screwdriver and spare batteries with me. I only have two Tamas at the moment so they fit and have a lot of space left, but the bag could hold about twenty or so smaller versions, it's great!

I found some round coin purses at the dollar store that are similar to the pouches that Happily Candied posted. They're just plain though; no designs on them. I buy a few each time I go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back