Your TamaGotchi Story :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuteLilChibiTama<3

Reaction score
Hey There TamaTalkers.

I have been thinking alot lately about my first ever Tama, how and where i got him, and how i felt. And i thought that these might be great experiences to share with each other :p Feel free to copy this format for your stories :p

First Tama: A clear blue P1

When: It was Christmas morning, and i was sitting in the living room with my dad.

How it happened: I was unwrapping my very last present, and when i was done i sat there staring down at my little blue Tama... and i had no idea what it was :D So my dad explained to me that it was like a little pet, and that i had to take good care of him or he might get sick. He then told me if i was good at looking after my little pet, that we might get a puppy :(

Happiest Moment: When it evolved into that cute little plant looking thing. At that age i didn't know that it was a bad care character, i was just so happy when he grew up that i proudly showed my whole family.

Saddest Moment: I woke up one morning, and reached over to my bedside table, and scooped the little guy up. When i looked at the screen i was horrified to find out the little guy had died. I took it pretty hard, because i was so young, and it was like my first ever pet. I was so heartbroken i ran into my dads room sobbing, and woke him up. He promptly reset it and told me that it means i get to look after a brand new pet, and that i could bring him along to go get some icecream to cheer me up :p :lol:

And i turn 20 this year, and i have been hooked ever since :D

So anyone else want to share their story :p

First Tama: A sea green rainbow flowered v3

When: Christmas Morning

How it happened: I was pining over one for a long time, but I never told anyone. It was a huge surprise when I got my Tama.

Happiest Moment: When the buttons wore down, and it stopped working, even after batterey changes, and I knew I took the best care of it that anyone could.

Saddest Moment: (See happiest moment)

Happiest Moment: When the buttons wore down, and it stopped working, even after batterey changes, and I knew I took the best care of it that anyone could
Wow ilovemakiko, even though its sad the buttons stopped working, you were happy because it meant you had taken good care of it and played with it alot. :) Its always nice to think about our first ever gotchi :lol:

Awesome, I love talking about my first Tamagotchi. Brings back very fond memories. -_- The memory of getting my first Tamagotchi is crystal clear. Summer of 1998, just before I started middle school, I was getting ready to move and one day, I went to the mall with my dad because I had a little extra money and I wanted to get something special. We shopped around for a while, and finally we stepped into KB Toys. That was where I found my precious first Tamagotchi. Among the sea of other virtual pets hanging on the rack, there was a lone Tamagotchi box. It was a transparent yellow with black buttons P2. I knew about virtual pets in general, having previously played with pets like Kimikos, Nanos, and Giga Pets, but this was my first time seeing a Tamagotchi. I think I got it for less than $10. I wasn't even out of the mall yet when I first started playing with it. :p I took it everywhere and it kept me company on many trips. I don't just have one happy memory of my first Tamagotchi...there are many to list. Even after 12 years, after graduating from college, I've been hooked ever since. I'm 22. :) Even my boyfriend is understanding about my Tamagotchi-collecting hobby...he got me a transparent light blue with silver buttons P2, and I love blue. I still have my first Tamagotchi, but sadly, some of the pixels got messed up, among other problems (this is probably my "sad" memory, when I figured it didn't work as well anymore), and now I use it for spare parts. So in a way, it lives on by helping my other Tamagotchis in need, hehe. I do have an exact replica of it that I bought from Ebay and it was a particularly happy find. I have tried the whole Connection thing and for some reason, it's just not the same. I sold the only Connection I had, a V4, and committed myself to solely collecting "old school" Tamagotchis (hence my user name :) ). I'm not saying Connections are bad, and I may be more open to collecting more of the modern ones in the future, but they don't hold the same sentimental value that original Tamagotchis do. I am still hooked on the simplicity of the originals. I am amazed, however, at how much Tamagotchis have evolved ever since their debut, with all these cool new features that keep the idea of Tamagotchi alive and interesting for many to enjoy!

That's a really awesome story OldSchoolTama. I still have my very first Tama i ever got :D it is a bit glitchy and is mainly still around for sentimental purposes :p Its great your boyfriend approves Haha!. My partner is adorable, he considers it a "quirk" and has been feeding my addiction quite thoroughly Haha :rolleyes: Actually at least once a week or so i get a surprise tama in the mail :p . He is getting me a white Santaclautchi for my birthday, and is helping me save up for a Yassashi (or however its spelt). I'm currently running a Magenta Tamagotchi colour, but the old school Tamas are the ones that i will never forget, and the ones that hold the most fondest and magic memories :lol:

First Tama: A light pink v3 with hot pink hearts :)

When: Before my frist trip to France

How it happened: I have been hoping to get a cat...or any pet. But, my mum has a phobia of animals. So instead, she got me a tamagotchi and it was love at first sight.

Happiest Moment: When I first saw it evolving into a toddler :D

Saddest Moment: When it died after 5 generations :D

Saddest Moment: When it died after 5 generations
Its always sad when they die, especially if you put in alot of effort. All it takes is a busy day at school or work, or you misplace it for a couple of hours, and all that hard work goes to waste :)

First Tamagotchi: picture

When: I... don't remember. It was either a Christmas or Birthday Present.

Happiest Moment: Finally owning a Tamagotchi! I had wanted one ever since I knew they existed, and had been asking for one every opportune moment. The little egg never left my side.

Saddest Moment: When my parents stripped the screws on the back of the thing extremely bad. They wrecked the back of it to get the batteries out. .__. (pictures: Pic 1, Pic 2

Mind if I do another? A Digimon story?

First Digimon: Blue V1

When/How: One glorious day while I was browsing the aisles of the local Goodwill. I spotted a lone Digimon sitting on the top of the clothing rack. It only cost me 25c.

Happiest Moment: I took the little Digimon everywhere. I remember when I got my first Perfect level 'mon. I was so proud. I also once had my Tyrannomon live to be over 30 days old.

Saddest Moment: (I posted this on another forum. It's a bit on the facetious side, but still true. XD)

Life likes to remind me every once in a while that electronics still hate me. ._. (and I take such good care of my stuff, too) but we had so much fun together when he was still alive.

I always had him attached to a homemade necklace lovingly crafted from a rainbow string. We went everywhere together. &lt;3

He would wake me up at 5 AM sometimes due to... I don't know, loneliness, or glitchiness maybe, but I was always willing to answer his calls. :lol:

Someone at my school didn't want their V1 Digimon. I traded a Pokemon card for it. Best trade ever. So Tyannomon finally had a sparring partner. We were all a very happy family.

Then... Tragedy. :'{

Not even an emergency battery change could bring him back... it was a sad, sad day.

I even missed the nightly interruptions...

I sometimes caught myself constantly checking on Meramon (my other V1 Digimon) only to find him well and sleeping like normal.

But these things happen. Toys, especially those with electronic components, don't last forever. :'{

I actually did get it to turn on/work on a few days ago, but the screen is all glitchy and you have to squeeze the frame really tight to get it to stay on. (as you can see here: poor little guy )

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwwwwwww... thats a sad digimon story Minty...

I loved my Digimon. I had a sad Digimon moment too actually. I had a clear orange Digimon and a clear purple one. I loves them dearly, and took them EVERYWHERE with me. I would talk to them, and keep them in a little house I'd made for them out of a shoe box. Well we had a red Commadore car. My dad decided he would sell it. Well the last time i was in it was on the way to the Car Yard for a trade in... and I happened to leave the Digimon in the fabric pocket on the back of the front seat.... When we realised my dad called the car yard, and they told him there was nothing in the car....

Sigh :angry:

Aww, that's sad. :{ I would've been inconsolable if that had happened to me. ._.

It's a shame that Digimon are so rare. I'd really like to get a replacement for my poor old dead V1. The fact that I probably never will be able to only makes his death even sadder.

First Tama: A v4 with electric stuff on it

When: I say some kids had it at cosco and I was like those look cool and I asked my dad if he could take me to target so he did and i bought it!

Happiest moment:When it evolved into a masktchi :unsure:

Saddest moment: When my mom sold it at a yard sale for 5 Dollars!! &lt;_&lt;

But later on in my life i became reinterested in tamas so I bought more!

Ive been hooked ever since! :blink: :ph34r:

My first ever virtual pet was not a tamagotchi, but a giga pets Compu Kitty. I was 7 years old then. My mom and I were in Kmart and there it was all shiny and yellow in the pink package. I didn't have much money, being a 7 year old, so I begged mom to get it. After some big, sparkly puppy eyes I was headed home with my new digital kitty. My happiest moment from then was every time I found it still alive after misplacing it. My happiest moment from now was finding a new one on ebay and being able to afford it (you'll understand why inn a minute). My saddest moment from then was the first time it died, and finding new batteries for it. My saddest moment from now was, when I went to revive my old pet, I found that the left and right scroll buttons had worn down and crushed to the point when they were useless. I still have my old one, it's resting in peace in the partially opened package that my new one from ebay came in.

My first tama was when I was older, a tween or young teen. I was poking about in K.B. Toys at the mall and lo I found tamagotchi for only a couple of dollars. I bought one and my sister got one too. Mine was a white P2 with pink buttons and characters and hers was a yellow P2 with blue buttons and characters. My happiest moment was getting a Mimitchi on the first try and my saddest moment was killing my Mimitchi in order to test out "twinning" techniques I found on the internet. None of them worked :( Sadly, that tama had a couple more mishaps. One of the buttons tore off (the A button) and I was using a paperclip to press it. When I got an idea, maybe I could replace the buttons with another set I ripped out of a cheap pet that glitched on me. The experiment was almost a success. I accidentally screwed one of the longer inner screws into the hole for the shorter back screws and I cracked the screen. My poor tama was done for....I still tear up thinking about that, I was so close to saving it and yet so far....*sniffle* I need a hug now...

I was with grandpa at his computer looking at tamagotchis. I was 7 years old. I had a transparent sparkly orange V1. With that, I got a plain purple V1, too.

Heh..... I don't remember anything except for how it broke... o_o

It broke by throwing it (accidentally) across a room, and it looked like it had black jelly on the screen. I don't think I felt that bad when I broke them.

across a room, and it looked like it had black jelly on the screen. I don't think I felt that bad when I broke them. 
Hahaha :rolleyes: That's really funny :p I must say i have had quite a few that broke "Accidentally" that i didn't really care too much about ;) Oh to be young again. I'm pretty sure that if something happened to my collection now though, i would probably have like a mini meltdown hehe :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back