Youtube gets sued

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think this is bad?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_mamatchi_

Reaction score
Lots of company are suing Youtube because they make videos without permission

For Example: You have made a video about Rugrats,and Nickelodeon is going to fine you because you made the video without Nick's permission.

Other news:

YouTube just got bought by Google. Also on the news one day,high schoolers made a dirty video on YouTube and were put in jail. It was removed due to the content of the video. :D

Do you think Youtube getting sued is bad or not bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Companies have no reason to sue YouTube. They do have a reason to sue the members though.

-Kuchipatchi-

I don't think it's bad that they're getting sued. They have so many perverted videos on there, that they deserve it.

They're getting sued?! Darn. That's the only way I'm able to watch tv shows I don't have. :D (which is like all of them. xP)

well, they allowed their members to post copyrighted material, so it is partialy their fault. you dont just post it and its on there, it gets checked out. also, i think it is in their little agreement you check "AGREE" to that you cant use copyright material, so i dont really know.

yes this is way bad the only reson ppl don't think its safe is because they curse too much on that and have some inapropriate stuff but that stuff is useually flaged as inapropriate and they useually take the video off if its copyright so there is no reson to sue you tube just members they should be banned from it for that

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube's being sued? It's not their fault these things are being submitted. If anything, the members should be sued. <.< The members are the ones putting that junk on there.

->Ninja<-

I think it's stupid that people are sueing the company. The company itself isn't responsible for what idiots post on their site.
They're probably suing the company 'cause they think they'll get more money than just suing the members. XP

Anyway, I think it's stupid suing YouTUbe for what certain people are doing.

They're probably suing the company 'cause they think they'll get more money than just suing the members. XP
Anyway, I think it's stupid suing YouTUbe for what certain people are doing.
Ah. Good point ^.^'

Also it'd be easier to sue a company as a whole then a bunch of random people.

Members could be banned and fined for bad content but sueing youtube is not the answer. The owners of youtube should check if added content is suitable befor letting it be shwon publicly though.

Well It kinda is their fault and isnt

1: Other companies shouldnt freakin sue Youtube for what the members put on the site

2: Youtube allows it though

I cant decide really, Youtube allows it though...

Where are some refernce links, first off? Like all the info you found this out from?

And second, people upload videos, Youtube does not. Youtube is a video hosting place as Image Shack and Photobucket are places to host images.

"Bad content" such as lewd videos get flagged or removed. Youtube don't allow hate speechs aginst members, yet members still do it and get in trouble for. Swearing is fine in videos, as long people are mature about it and don't get all bent out of shape over colourful tearms.

People rag on game reviewers such as JamesAngrynintendoNerd and Jedite for swearing. Swearing in your video is fine. s long you aren't doing it towards a member. Which would count as harassment. As long you aren't showing nudes or anything. Hench the flagging.

Plus, I watch Digimon Savers on Youtube. :3

^ yeahi was just about to ask for a link too
Plus.. if it was true, people would be spmming people's post boards about it also.

People do flag videos that don't even need flagging. I once seen a Steam Boat Willie video flagged for some unknown reason.

well, they allowed their members to post copyrighted material
Well, I don't think they did allow that. But then again, they are getting sued. I wonder if they did. But I have no doubts they did say you can't.

Ahh! Dizzy!!!!!

And, Flipper, ever since I moved here, and they didn't have anime network, I watched Youtube to see Azu, Zatch Bell, Pokemon and such, so I know how you feel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back