Zhu Zhu Pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robodog

Reaction score
Does anyone have Zhu Zhu Pets? I used to have about 30 of them, but I donated all my non dog virtual pets to needy kids.

I'm interested in hearing what others think of these things.

Here's my opinion. A neat concept and at first glance they seem fairly sturdy, but their shell is made of a fairly thin plastic that can't stand up to much pressure. If you step on one it's a goner. I know this from experience.

This is one of those rare cases when the imitation is better made than the original. Hasbro's FurReal Friends Furry Frenzies are sturdier and nicer looking. They actually have feet! I'd really reccomend them over the Zhu Zhus.

I do have a few of the Zhu Zhu Puppies, but with many of them if you put any kind of pressure on them they make creaking sounds as if the plastic wants to give way. You don't even have to hold them all that tightly. It's too bad because otherwise they're nice looking little mechanical dogs. I do prefer these to the hamsters. I'm kind of wondering if there will be Zhu Zhu kitties next.

I have one of the first release Zhu Zhu pets. well... Wait... We have 3 more for the younger members of my visiting family. They've yet to play with them though. So that means we have 4... I got the one with a Star on its back. They are fun to play with cats with. My cat goes crazy over them. (Loves em) I can even get my other stuck up cat to play a little bit.

I want a Furry Frenzy eventually... I like the rockstar ones we have currently out in stores.

I'm pretty sure they will bring out the kitties.... Companies always do. The IDog thing... they were dogs forever then released other animals like crazy. (This I'm sure you are aware of since its a RoBo Dog.)

The rockstar Frenzies are neat. I have the dog. His spots are star shaped, he has a punk style haircut and he even has a star on his nose. When I first bought him I put him on the dashboard of my car and watched him dance while waiting for them to bring my food at Burger King.

Yeah, I'm aware of idog. I don't own any because they came out during the period when I wasn't collecting virtual pets. I regret missing out on them.

Really? No IDog...? I thought you would have one! I have a White with some pink/magenta designs... But I don't know where the guy is... Its one of those with a moving foot. The foot is sorta annouying when you are trying to listen to music though. You can turn off the motion of the foot and the rest of the body though. I perferred to get an ICat though, but they didn't have them at that point in my store. So I got the Dog since I liked the design...

You might be able to find it in a Big Lots, TJ Maxx or somewhere like that.... I'm not directly sure if you have thouse stores or not... But every once in a blue moon, I will find an IDog in a Walmart.... The box will be open though. (Which I hate buying open things unless it is an acutal tama. (Used or new doesn't matter for a tama)

Oh, the Littlest Pet Shop one is still out there... Its pink though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I missed the whole IDog thing sadly. I'm really sorry I did. They had quite a few different varieties and colors of IDog too. They would have been fun to collect.

If I see the Littlest Pet Shop one I'll get it. I'm not picky about colors where robot dogs are concerned.

I just always thought the current LPS stuff was quite girly. I get some every once in a while... Have you gotten the LPS planner digital pet? I have a purple one, they had a pink and green one too. Poodle and a Lab dog I think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the late reply. There were a few days there where I thought I was going to have to give up internet service. I wasn't on much.

Anyway I don't have any of the Littlest Pet Shop virtual pets. I didn't even know they existed until now. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I don't care if they're girly. I collect dog VPets and they'd go nicely with the collection.

Well, The V-pets are a few years old now... Might want to snag some on ebay before people start shooting up the price on them.

The planner is the best virtual pet dog I ever got. (Purple came with a case and stickers, the others do not) It has a bunch of mini games on it and you can use a stylus on it. (carefully...) I covered mine with a bit of plastic to keep it from getting scratched with the stylus. Has a backlight on it. I think it requires you to feed it every few games and get cleaned too. But its sorta funny what you can give it for food.

They have a few other ones out. I have the Husky one. You don't really care for it. It has dangle things on it. Has some games in it but you need to explore to get to the games. The games are pretty standard... Sound can't be turned off. Only taped over......

I think there is a Poodle pen pet too. I have a monkey one but I'm sure its pretty much the same. You feed it atleast once a day... Maybe play with it. Play some of the games on it, get a highscore and unlock more stuff. If you keep it on (feeding and cleaning...etc) for 7 days it unlocks stuff... Pretty simple. And its a pen...

Funny how we got onto LPS and not ZhuZhus. hehehe.

Yeah it is, but that's how conversation works sometimes :)

Ebay's not an option for me. I don't have a paypal account and never will. It's too bad too because aside from the LPS pets there's several FurReal Friends, Poo-Chis, IDogs and Giga Pets I'd like to add to the dog VPet collection, but it's just not possible. I hate how you have to have Paypal for almost everything now ( except big retail online stores like Wal mart, Toys R Us and Amazon who'll take debit cards ). I remember when a money order would do. I gathered a bunch of 1980s toys that way before I lost interest in such things. But now no Paypal no sale. It's sad too because I've missed so much and short of stumbling across it at a yard sale I'll never get to own it.

Getting back on the VPe/ Zhu Zhu Pet topic. I also noticed they have some Zhu Zhu Pet keychain type pets. I'm not interested in them for the same reason I'm not interested in the regular Zhu Zhus. I'm not interested in raising a hamster. I'm hoping they'll have Zhu Zhu Puppies keychain pets at some point though. I'd gladly snatch one of those up.

Keychain ZhuZhu? Not the baby...? I know they have a virtual pet in pink or brown... Those are kinda huge... I think its just a big hamster thing with minigames on it. I think those are on clearance now in Target...

I know a while ago... I was able to use the "buy it now" feature... in some slightly moved area. (I have no clue where anymore, I know helpful...) I could use a GiftCard or Prepaid credit card.... I doubt its there anymore. I would find SO many good deals on that area.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm talking about. The pink and brown virtual pets.

The Zhu Zhu line is going down the crapper as far as I can tell. They seem to be focusing more on the Zhu Zhu Babies line more than anything else and the babies are just lifeless chunks of plastic. They aren't VPets of any kind. It seems to me they're trying to compete with those godawful Squinkies in the small plastic collectibles market rather than concentrate on what made Zhu Zhus popular in the first place.

What's annoying is that I read that new breeds of Zhu Zhu Puppies were due to ship in the spring. Here it is in the summer and no new breeds. I've pretty much given up on the Zhu Zhu puppies. The company seems to be ignoring the line in favor of the Zhu Zhu Babies and Zhu Zhu Princess garbage. I don't plan to buy any new ones now even if the new breeds do come out. If I get the urge to buy a pocket size robot dog I'll buy more Furry Frenzies dogs. They're better made anyway.

We have Zhu puppies. Dont give up on em. I don't know if we have new ones or not but we have them. I think we have lots of outfits for the Zhu army too.

I bought a quarter Squinkee imposter... I was like. People are paying X for this? The parrot imposter was cute... I'll give it that. It goes on a pencil unlike what the Squinkees say they can... They have a small hole on the bottom. I think not. Given... I have a neice that has some. Lost the entertainment factor fairly quickly.

But I agree with the Zhu babies... They have a marble at the bottom of them... Atleast they look cuter then when they first came out.

I guess I haven't totally given up on Zhu Zhu Puppies. I just wish they'd release some new ones.

You're right about the original Zhu babies. They were kind of wierd looking. The new ones are better, but the fact that they aren't really electronic pets kills any interest I might have had in them otherwise.

i have a fake one. it had engrish on the box

heres what some of the warnings where on the box

"do not come into contact with fummy dirt, or it will get stuck the wheels

:super mary wheel is accesory, not sold with project.

They had older ZhuZhu like hamsters for years... Someone just made them more interactive. They were pretty standard. Most of the older ones were Brown and White... Then had a ball. Maybe that is what you got. Same size and everything.

You could probably get a real ZhuZhu if you wanted one. They are better then what the were when they first came out and then got recalled for Lead Paint or something. I still have my Recalled ZhuZhu, I don't care... Not like I'm putting it in my mouth anytime soon. I have Pipsqueek I think. One with a Star on the back.

The babies right now here are $5.00 They are a fuzzy toy with a marble. I think it interacts with the battery operation in the "land" toys.... Um the playsets. I call them the Landing gear since they tend to stay in there... They could try to branch out and try to do something like the Micropets did... Sure they need to watch the copyrights, but still, it'd be much better then what they are now.

Back in the 80s they had a Petster Hamster that ran around in a plastic ball. They also had a Petster dog, puppy, cat, penguin and dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back