V4.5 SPOTTED!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY942942

Reaction score
In a UK Toys 'R' Us store I saw V4.5 sold as V4 and the same price. They were even mixed together in the same shelf. I need to save up...and quickly!!! The store think V4.5 and V4 are the same. All UK people, check your local store today!

No, the V4.5 is the next version of Tamagotchi! I don't know why they did 4.5 instead of 5, but all the Tamagotchis have been the same price. I just buy them for collective reasons now ^_^

♪~tk710

Oh my god! Finally! Thank you! I heard V4.5's will come out in US stores tomorrow! If I see any, I'll let all you US people know!

-C.M.

WHA!!! Are they in german stores as well yet!? I was in the mall just an hour ago, but didn't go to toys r us! I feel so stupid...

No, the V4.5 is the next version of Tamagotchi! I don't know why they did 4.5 instead of 5, but all the Tamagotchis have been the same price. I just buy them for collective reasons now :)
♪~tk710
They did V4.5 as a mid-year release. I think V.5 is coming out around January of next year. I haven't seen any in Wal-Mart lately or on eBay. You UK people are so lucky! Have fun with your V4.5's! :mellow: Tell us about them! :blink:

Wow, you should buy it! But they said it would come out in US stores first. That's where I live. Has anyone seen them there yet?

I don't know why they did 4.5 instead of 5...
They did because they say it's not too different from the V4 and they didn't want to start a whole new version.

-Matchy

Wow, you should buy it! But they said it would come out in US stores first. That's where I live. Has anyone seen them there yet?
I don't know why they did 4.5 instead of 5...
They did because they say it's not too different from the V4 and they didn't want to start a whole new version.

-Matchy
I haven't seen them in the US yet. Some people are saying they might be coming out tomorrow, but I sort of doubt it. Wish I could believe that though..

OMG I hope the WoolWorths here in Great Yarmouth has them, we only just got the 3rd wave of shells for regular V4 though.

I agree that photos would be nice - or a more detailed description of the UK sighting ...

I had the strong impression that North America was going to get the V4.5 first - not the UK .... we're still getting new shell colours / styles for the V4.

BanDai's press release about the mid-June V4.5 was from BanDai America (not BanDai Europe/UK).

It would not make marketing sense for BanDai to release the V4.5 over here (UK) yet as it would affect it's current (strong) V4 sales ...

However, several stores do import North American tama versions into the UK (we sometimes see styles and colours that are not normally available in the UK - just North America). Fenwicks is an example of this - so maybe Toys r Us has managed to get some North American V4.5s ...?

I wish I knew which store JAY942942 saw them in... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm on the lookout for V4.5's here in the US. If I get any, after I buy the designs I want, I'll tell everybody here and kindly give them the link to the site I got them from.

OR if I see them at the store, I WILL take a picture either at the store or when I get home. I always carry a camera with me so I'll provide a picture of the V4.5 package, shelf, and the little price tag that would be on the front of the rack.

C~M

Yeah, I thought V4.5's were suppossed to debut here in the U.S first. It would make sense; V.4's aren't doing so well anymore because everyone who wanted one has one, and everyone is awaiting the new version. Perhaps only a few select stores have them so far, but I've seen or heard nothing anywhere or on the internet. Are you absolutely sure it was a V4.5? Which design was it?

I agree that photos would be nice - or a more detailed description of the UK sighting ...
I had the strong impression that North America was going to get the V4.5 first - not the UK .... we're still getting new shell colours / styles for the V4.

BanDai's press release about the mid-June V4.5 was from BanDai America (not BanDai Europe/UK).

It would not make marketing sense for BanDai to release the V4.5 over here (UK) yet as it would affect it's current (strong) V4 sales ...

However, several stores do import North American tama versions into the UK (we sometimes see styles and colours that are not normally available in the UK - just North America). Fenwicks is an example of this - so maybe Toys r Us has managed to get some North American V4.5s ...?

I wish I knew which store JAY942942 saw them in... :)
So why did UK get the V4s first?

I saw them at Toys R Us Medway area (in Kent) and I remember - I saw Cheetah design. That's a US design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back