Should there be a 3 day weekend?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TenmaYuuki

Reaction score
Post here and say whether there should be a 3 day weekend or not and why.

I reckon that there should be a 3 day weekend, because we can have more fun, catch up on homework, take a break and all that.

*Topic moved to '(Non)TamaTalk'*

If we got 3 day weekends, then we would have longer school year, approximatly 160 days. But I don't know how many days there are in a school year, so I'm guessing that there are less than 160 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cool to have a 3 day weekend, but i've heard in France that they are making Saturday a school day. :)

Im glad nothing is happening in the UK.

How would school be longer if your taking a 3 day break, which was originally a 2 day break? o________o

I think it is better not to.

If it were a three day break, they would add more days so we would have weeks of 3 days off, and maybe 6 days going to school to compensate.

Whereas 2 days, we have Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday to do homework and have fun.

Also, with 3 days it can also mean 3 days without seeing your friends or all of the other great things we enjoy at school?

Heck yes!!! xD I need time to do all my homework.

It would be pretty cool like to keep the 4 days of school and add one more day. :rolleyes:

If we got 3 day weekends, then we would have longer school year, approximatly 160 days. But I don't know how many days there are in a school year, so I'm guessing that there are less than 160 days.
Well, in America there is a 180 day school year. (In public schools, that is.)

I don't know. It would be nice, but then the school year would be longer. We would also forget everything we learned on Friday (or Thursday) I mean, I can't really remember anything I learned on Thursday (I didn't go to school on Friday).

It would be cool to have a 3 day weekend, but i've heard in France that they are making Saturday a school day.
Im glad nothing is happening in the UK.
Well, in France some schools do have school on Saturday. But they either don't have school on Wednesdays, or they only have a half day of school on Wednesday and a half day of school on Saturday. It's the same as a lot of the boarding schools I'm looking at going to. They have half days on Wednesdays (no matter what, because of sports games) and then they have half days on Saturdays (the ones that have half days on Saturdays usually only have it everyother Saturday)

Last edited by a moderator:
No.

I couldn't put up with my family for that long.

At least at school I get sandwiches.

It's good to have them once in a while, but if we had them all the time after a while people forget that they had two day weekends and they want four day weekends, etc.

It's good to have them once in a while, but if we had them all the time after a while people forget that they had two day weekends and they want four day weekends, etc.
Yeah I agree.

I wish we did have three day weekend though, but then it'll all be complicated.

Well, it would be nice, because we could get 3 days to just relax, and it would balance out the school week more. But I don't really think that should happen. It would throw everyone off because we're so used to just having Saturday and Sunday, and we would forget what we learned more easily, and if there was a test right after the weekend, somebody may have forgotten to study, or whatever.

I think what they have right now is fine. Plus, come June we get 2 and a half months of summer vacation!

My guess is if all weekends were three days long, school would be year round.

Cut out 4-5 days off every week and you have nearly two more months of school, leaving maybe a month for Summer break.

It'd be nice for people during the weekends, but not so much when you would normally be having Summer break xP

We've been going to school 5 days a week with a 2 day week end for ages. Why change it now? The weekend is exciting because it only comes once every few days (that might not seem like long, but at my school its forever) and its something to look forward to. If we had a 3 day weekend, it wouldn't be as anticipated and exciting. We would run out of things to do.

Also, what about teachers? They would need to work longer and harder, maybe even getting new ones.

To me, it wouldn't be worth it ;)

-Puma

I think that we should because it allows us to have more time to relax and chill with friends. True, we would have to have longer school days, but I like the idea of having more consecutive time to make up homework, chill with friends, and just relax.

I would love to have an extra day of no school and time to have fun, but one less day each week could mean a whole extra month at the end! I'd rather go to school on Friday and NOT go during June.
Actually, it doesn't take up the summer. 3 day weekend schools just simply make the school days that they do have longer. (for ex. like starting at 7:30 and ending around 5:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back