Should there be a 3 day weekend?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it doesn't take up the summer. 3 day weekend schools just simply make the school days that they do have longer. (for ex. like starting at 7:30 and ending around 5:00)
I think it would also depend on the school and what the district/region decided.

So it could be that school days would be longer, but it could also be that the school year would be longer as well.

If I was in school still I think I'd prefer the school year be longer. 6 hours was enough for me XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I wish we had Monday-Friday as weekend days and Saturdays and Sundays as school days, but thats just how life is.

For those who want the longer weekend, it'll get better as time progresses. Once some of you reach college, you won't have classes some days during the week. I know during one of my semesters we had no classes fridays so we always had a 3 day weekend. And now that I work, it's Wednesdays-Fridays I work, then rest of the days I'm off. No idea if that'll change anytime soon, but it's all good.

And now that I work, it's Wednesdays-Fridays I work, then rest of the days I'm off.
Wow - good thing your college allows more days off than the usual 2-day weekend.

Post here and say whether there should be a 3 day weekend or not and why.
I reckon that there should be a 3 day weekend, because we can have more fun, catch up on homework, take a break and all that.
In Canada, we occasionally get three day weekends due to P.D. Days, holidays, etc.

xD

If we got 3 day weekends, then we would have longer school year, approximatly 160 days. But I don't know how many days there are in a school year, so I'm guessing that there are less than 160 days.
In my school district the school year is 180 days.

Occasionally we get 3-day weekends, due to snow days, cold days, or holidays. This weekend was a 3-day one because our area got, like, a foot of snow just chucked on us.

Post here and say whether there should be a 3 day weekend or not and why.
I reckon that there should be a 3 day weekend, because we can have more fun, catch up on homework, take a break and all that.
maybe.

But we have a FOUR day weekend comming up, friday for teacher's to do report cards, saturday (you know why), sunday (you know why) and monday for Martin Luther King Jr.!

mametchi :ichigotchi:

Wow - good thing your college allows more days off than the usual 2-day weekend.
That's how most, if not all colleges are.

The days you go to school just depend on classes.

Some classes are a full week, some just 1 to 4 days a week.

Just depends xP

My GED class was every other day. So some weeks we'd have 3 days, and others we'd have 2 days.

But the weekend is the first day of the week and the last day of the week, so if there was a third day that was considered the weekend, it wouldn't be the weekend.

Heck, while were just "wishing" this will happen - I just say we need a 5 DAY break and 2 days of school. School is our life- and it shouldn't be!

And we should have to make up for those 5 days eaither. It's school, not home :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back