Weird Superstitions?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrowFrost~

Reaction score
I have a few of my own.

I refuse to sit at the end of a table... last time I did I started a pea war. x.x

I won't cross a bridge without crossing my fingers.

do you have any?

A few years back, a friend of mine mentioned something as we crossed a road by a cemetary. Now, I hold my breath until the car has passed a cemetary. If I don't, I feel.. Guilty, for something. I don't know what.

Well in gym class if I wear my Clandestine necklace I get very bad luck, so I must not wear it during gym. I got hit in the face while wearing it, broke my wrist and badley scrapped my knee, 3 different occasions while wearing it.

While on a bridge over water, I always have a feeling I should look over the edge. It's weird.

Everytime we cross a bridge, I hold my breath....otherwise I think something bad might happen.

I have a few more..but this is my worst.

Before a softball game when I am going out the door I hit the top of the doorway (usually I have to jump to hit it) then I bend down and say here we go and walk right through it and walk straigh to the truck. I got that superstition from Reba when Van did that before a football game. So I started to do that and I got really used to it so now I do it before every softball game.

I have another, not really a superstition but..

In voleyball before I serve I dribble it 5 times and spin it once or the serve will most likely mess up. If I mess up the dribbling I start again.

When i go to sleep,i HAVE to have the blanket covering my ear up because i sleep on my side,and if i don't, i feel like something is going to do something to my ear. Every time there's a virus going around,i say "i'm not getting it this time",then i knock on the nearest wood just so i don't feel like i'm jinxing myself.

I have another, not really a superstition but..
In voleyball before I serve I dribble it 5 times and spin it once or the serve will most likely mess up. If I mess up the dribbling I start again.
Whoa! My friend Morgan does that too!

I also always put my right shoe on first. I don't know why. Maybe becuase right is my lucky thing.

I dont eat chocolate at school unless it is like, forced down my throat. When I do I tend to grow clumsy. This isnt exactly a superstition, but I always sit on my feet in an odd way because 'if i sit like everyone else does my sense of deduction drops 40%' XD!

Well, none of my superstitions are exactly weird. However, I do usually carry a bag of salt with me to school just in case something bad happens. (Like if I accidently walk under a ladder, break a mirror, etc.)

I also always put my right shoe on first. I don't know why. Maybe becuase right is my lucky thing.
I always put my left shoe on :p

I don't really have any superstitions. I guess when I'm getting ready to bat when I'm playing cricket, I always put my left glove on first. Every time I put the right one on first, I don't have a good innings :p

when i walk to get my milk durring lunch i try not to give eney of the tables i pass eye contact bucause i think they think im starring

at them or somthing

When I use my salt shaker at home, if it tips over for whatever reason, I grab it and shake some salt over my left shoulder. Been doing that since I was a kid, it's more a bad habit now lol.

One thing I find extremely interesting in my family too. My mother and I have birthdays that are on the 13th of a month. Now normally friday the 13ths are generally bad luck, but if you have a birthday on one then you have one heck of a day since our theory is the vibes of positive energy on the birthday keep the bad karma and such at bay. My mom probably is luckier in this theory than me though. She had a friday the 13th birthday when she was 13 XD!!

I ahve to chew an even number of times on both sides of my mouth, always have to cont to 8,462 before going to sleep, always walk an even number of steps, and if i'm walking down stairs that are an odd number, I skip either the first or last one, I Won't go near clowns or spiders, I dont like under- or over-passes, bridges, or long, narrow hallways, I wont end a sentence with the word 'cotton', and that's just some of them. lol. I have alot of stuff. I guess that you could say I have some O.C.D. lol okay, maybe a lot, lol

TL :p

For some reason, when I was little, I was afraid of Friday the 13th. *Not the movie.* I would never step on a crack or spill salt. Back then, was very superstitious. But, I have a bad habit of stepping over cracks. Probably 'cause I have long legs. :p

A few years back, a friend of mine mentioned something as we crossed a road by a cemetary. Now, I hold my breath until the car has passed a cemetary. If I don't, I feel.. Guilty, for something. I don't know what.
My friend does that too, except she holds her breath in so the dead people won't take over her body. ;)

Their's the salt one... and I open umbrella's inside, though I always feel guilty when I do.

Umm... I don't know anymore.

Also, I do make up a few of my own, and if I break them I get all jittery.

I refuse to brush the left side of my hair first.

If I don't pick up the phone when Michael calls me I feel all guilty and I call him back C:

I have plenty more that I can't remeber now o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back