allowance....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get $13 a month plus my mom buys as many clothes as she thinks I need for that month, it's a good system we have :D

No, my parents just buy me whatever. If it's too expensive though, I have to pay myself with birthday money or something like that. It's an OK system or whatev.

I work for my money, and enjoy it.

I want to get a job, but for now I just do odd tasks around the neighborhood.

I've never gotten a set allowance. Even when I was younger I would just ask for money to go to the mall or something and got it.

Now it seems as though my mom is getting an allowance by taking money out of my account for bills |:

No, because my parents want to know that I'm helping them because I want to, not for the wages.

Instead I get paid for excellent performance in swim team events:

Shaving 1 to 5 seconds off gets me $5.00*

6 to 10 seconds gets me $10.00*

11 or more seconds gets me $15.00*

Placing 1st on my own gets me $50.00

Placing 2nd on my own gets me $20.00

Placing 3rd on my own gets me $5.00

(* - for these, my parents and I agreed to round it to the nearest whole second.)

i used to get $15 if i got a B- or above on a test but now i don't anymore.

For the most part I have to pay for what I want to buy. For example, I spent about $50 on books last weekend at the mall, and my mom didn't help me out. The exceptions are clothes in August before school starts & holidays. However, I get an allowance of $10 a week during the summer, with about $5 a day when I have to babysit my brother. The same goes during the school year, except I get an extra $15 a week for lunch money ($3 a day for lunch). I don't have to spend my lunch money though. I can pack my lunch or just not eat. So then it's about $25 a week.

It works out well for me though. If I didn't get my allowance, I still wouldn't get money to go to the mall just because I ask for it, or get my mom to buy me stuff just because I see it and want it. So I get more on this system, and my parent's say it teaches me responsibility. As in, if I spend it all, then I can't buy anything until I save up again. Or, if I spend my lunch money for the week ahead, then I have to pack my lunch everyday or just not eat.

I'm trying to save up my money for a trip to Japan the spring of my sophmore year. So I have about a year and half to save up $5000. And I'm too young to get a job. I dunno how that's gonna happen. =/

Last edited by a moderator:
I get 12 dollars a week and I don't have to do anything! :) (Sorry if you think I'm bragging but I'm not trying to).

I don't bother with allowances. I have asked about it and got ignored.

So instead I am going to start going around the neighborhood and make money by doing chores. I need to, in order to make money for Janicon.

no..

I save my money I get from birthdays, holidays, ect.

I don't even get money for good grades ;_;

But whats a 10 year old gonna do with money?

no..
I save my money I get from birthdays, holidays, ect.

I don't even get money for good grades ;_;

But whats a 10 year old gonna do with money?
Aw, lol, I was laughing but sad at the same time when I read that.

Don't worry Mikey, I don't get money for birthdays, holidays, OR good grades. You're not alone. :)

Love,

CB

I get $10 a week for my allowance. If I do them without being asked, $10 per chore!

-Tema and Shika

My dad is supposed to give me 10$ a week but he usually forgets. I just ask him for money. Like if my mom is dropping me off at the mall with friends I'll just say, "Dad I'm goin to the mall cud i have some money?" And he'll give me 100 bucks or so.

I get a pretty big allowance and I save all of it. I get about $800 a month between both of my parents. Both of my parents each give me $100 a week. But I don't do all of that for nothing. I have a loist of chores. But they aren't that hard. Vaccume, unload the dishwasher, get the mail, feed the animals, things like that.

EDIT: Plus for every A I get on a progress report I get $100. For every B I get on a progress report I get $75. For every a I get on a report card I get $200. For every B I get on a report card I get $150.

Last edited by a moderator:
i get $20 every 2 weeks and my dad gives me money for lunch whenever i ask and like if i go to the movies or somethin he usually gives me money and my parents buy me clothes whenever i ask too so it's pretty good to me too. oh and i never get money for good grades because i always get good grades (i'm not bragging it's the truth) so my parents dont see it as special anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back