allowance....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish... The only thing I can do right is sit around and rot.

I get five bucks a week for doing work around the house
Me too.

But I get it from both houses :D

I have to take the trash out at one house and do dog stuff and 2 'chores' at the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I get an allowance of £20 a month! :kusatchi: I am really happy with the amount of money that I get because I know a lot of my friends get quite a bit less! I spend it on magazines, clothes, hair bands & clips, make-up, prezzies for my friends and anything cute & cool that i see in a shop! Just your typical girly stuff, really. :D

I have to earn money, $2 per chore. I had to earn my wonderful money for my Jonas Brothers Ticket [Roughly $25 and 12 chores.] It's ok, because when I did get an 'allowance' I wouldn't do anything and I would get $20 a week. So I see how this is fair. I'm really bad about saving money, but I want to work on it. I got $5 for watching my brother, and that night I spent it on a large lemonade. [so responsible, I know :3] Anyway, so I unload the dishwasher, reload it, do laundry, hang up clothes, watch my brother, things like that. The one thing about me is, They'll want me to do something, but I have to be in the mood to do it. So I won't get paid, like one time my mom went shopping and I did laundry, put away dishes and reloaded the dishwasher, and hung up my parents, brothers and my clothes, because I wanted too. Now today, I don't want to, so I don't get paid.

The system, it's ok, could be better I guess.

I get $5 a week for doing odd chores, and caring for the fishies. I can't save money ... I always end up spending it all on books and lunches and stuff.

I used to get money for good grades only one year. :) But sadly my dad really never gave it to me!! He "owes" me like $200 from thatyear that was in second grade I'm going into 5th grade and he still doesn't give them tome!!!!!!! :( :D :( :p Sometimes I get money if I ask. I've asked for a "ful time" allowance then I just get ignored!! :ph34r: :( :blink: :lol:

I don't get an allowance right now, I only get money at Chinese New Years. My father said a few months ago that I'll get allowance when I'm older and my mother said I could now. I'm thinking of asking for a $1.20 to $2.25/week allowance, only if I do my assigned chores (which means, of course, that if I don't do all of my chores I either don't get paid or don't get paid the full amount). When I get good grades (which is usually like, always...not to brag, though) my parents just take all of us out to dinner. Still, it's bushels of fun.

No, because my parents want to know that I'm helping them because I want to, not for the wages.
Instead I get paid for excellent performance in swim team events:

Shaving 1 to 5 seconds off gets me $5.00*

6 to 10 seconds gets me $10.00*

11 or more seconds gets me $15.00*

Placing 1st on my own gets me $50.00

Placing 2nd on my own gets me $20.00

Placing 3rd on my own gets me $5.00

(* - for these, my parents and I agreed to round it to the nearest whole second.)
Oh I forgot, I also get paid $10 per grade above 90% on a report card. $10 is taken off the "report card bill" for every grade below 70%.

[SIZE=8pt]I used to get $7 a week for doing dishes and stuff and $2 of it would go into savings so I would have $5 spending money every week. But now I have a job so I don't get it anymore which is ok because I am a busser (someone who cleans tables at resteraunts) and I get $6.50 an hour plus I get 1% of the waitresses tips, so when I go to work, I go around and collect whatever tip money I have earned for that shift right before I go home. Most of the time it's about $15 so it's like cash on demand and I get my paycheck every other thursday so I am getting paid very good and always have money to spare =)[/SIZE]

EDIT: the only pay I ever get from my family is Christmas and Birthday money which is a varied amount as well as $5 for every A on my report card, so right now my dad owes me $40 for my past report card

No, I don't have an allowance 'cause some how whenever I need something I have enough money. ('Cause I rob a bank. JK.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back