Your true self?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatterbox

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Do you ever feel like you can't show your true self?

Like, on TamaTalk, I can be whoever I want to be! I don't have to be afraid of showing my anime loving, crazy, kooky self. And on TamaTalk, people UNDERSTAND me! :D It's quite refreshing.

In real life though, I can't do that. I have to act responsible, and no one understands my love for anime and manga, but that's okay...because I have TT, my place to be free and happy. ^_^

Do you ever feel like this?

Love,

CB

Yeah, except for the anime part.

Our school is filled with anime lovers.

All of my closest friends are anime obsessers.

We've even had enough intrest within the school district to offer Japanese class all through high school, Japanese Club once a week, and a trip to Japan.

We have a big district. =/

Anyway...

Well, I don't really know who I am. I'm working on it. There are too many sides of me.

`Side 1// The crazy, outgoing, perverted one.

`Side 2// The serious, quiet, rational one.

`Side 3// The depressed one.

I need to find a way to bring all three together.

No, I dun have multi-personality syndrome.

x-x;;

For the most part, I feel like I can be myself here.

For the most part, I also feel like I can be myself at school though too.

It depends on what mood I'm in on how I feel about this subject.

I have a habit of hiding myself though too.

I dunno. I feel like I'm rambling. =/

This probably doesn't make any sense.

I hate being responsible though. At school I do have to be responsible, to manage all my honors courses.

-epic sigh-

Yes, very much, I do. I can't explain my love for Shikamaru to anyone. The teasing at my school, it's affected me horribly, in school I'm a quiet goth girl. People call me emo, along with all my other friends. Sad true story, yes?

But at home, around my cousin, or here, I can be my loud, hyper, talkative, Shikamaru lovin' , self! Around here, I feel free!

-Temari Nara

Yes, very much, I do. I can't explain my love for Shikamaru to anyone. The teasing at my school, it's affected me horribly, in school I'm a quiet goth girl. People call me emo, along with all my other friends. Sad true story, yes?
But at home, around my cousin, or here, I can be my loud, hyper, talkative, Shikamaru lovin' , self! Around here, I feel free!

-Temari Nara
I totally understand what you're saying! If I told anyone about how I love Tsukiyomi Ikuto from Shugo Chara, I'd become the laughingstock of the school!

I guess I'm not considered emo or anything, but I've definitely been quieter for the past few months then I used to be. .___.

Love,

CB

I totally understand what you're saying! If I told anyone about how I love Tsukiyomi Ikuto from Shugo Chara, I'd become the laughingstock of the school! 

I guess I'm not considered emo or anything, but I've definitely been quieter for the past few months then I used to be. .___.

Love,

CB
Ah, you understand! *hugs*

-Temari Nara

[SIZE=14pt] I can express my band geekness w/o people yelling at me! x^D And I can talk about my flute and trombone all day!~ [/SIZE]

Since I can be a bit crazy at times, people find "my true self" a bit... strange. :)

Then sometimes, I can be a little depressed. Then all of a sudden nobody wants a thing to do with me. Quite annoying, actually. :(

Do you ever feel like you can't show your true self? 

Like, on TamaTalk, I can be whoever I want to be! I don't have to be afraid of showing my anime loving, crazy, kooky self. And on TamaTalk, people UNDERSTAND me! :p It's quite refreshing.

In real life though, I can't do that. I have to act responsible, and no one understands my love for anime and manga, but that's okay...because I have TT, my place to be free and happy. :D

Do you ever feel like this?

Love,

CB
No, I never do.

I can't be myself on TamaTalk, because my opinions are rude and we can't have that here.

I'm still searching for who I really am....

I don't know myself much anymore. Sometimes I'm happy, bubbly, and preppy.

Sometimes I act crazy and random.

At times, I am sad and depressed. And other times, I'll be snappy, rude and ignorant.

All I know is that I am a JB fan...and outside of Tamatalk, I don't feel like I can express it very much.

Here though, I can love Joe Jonas as much as I want. And their amazing music.

Uh... Sorta.

In real life, I have a group of best friends. I've known them for years. I rarely talk to anyone outside of that group. But if I'm forced to be in a situation where I don't know many people well, I tend to say next to nothing and try not to make eye contact.

So as some of you can see I usually behave quite differently here o_O

I'm still searching for who I really am....I don't know myself much anymore. Sometimes I'm happy, bubbly, and preppy.

Sometimes I act crazy and random.

At times, I am sad and depressed. And other times, I'll be snappy, rude and ignorant.
I agree with you. 100%.

Like, in my History and Health this year, I was the loud, obnoxious girl. But slowly I got quieter and quieter. I don't think anybody noticed much though.

But in Algebra, I was the quite one. I just sat there, half the time I slept. I talked to a few people, but just a little bit, and that was it. Every now and then I'd have n outburst or something, and everyone would just stare at me like, "Where the heck did that come from?!"

At lunch I was very loud.

I guess it just depends on who I am around and what kind of mood I am.

If I'm with my close friends, I'm loud and cheerful (for the most part).

If I'm with people I don't know very well, I'm quiet and depressed.

If I'm with some of my 'angsty' friends, I'm well... angsty.

I just can't find the real me. I'm working on it. Maybe I'll figure it ou this year.

But I am very fortunate that my school is full of anime friends. Otherwise I would die..

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Ditto. It all depends who I'm with.

People I don't know: shy, quiet

Family and Friends: loud, obnoxious, lazy (lol), random, very... talkative ;)

TamaTalk: loud, obnoxious, random, talkative, not afraid to speak meh mind

Soooooo yeah. :D I'm always the one giving piggy back rides to my friends, starting conversation, yelling insults to the other team at football/basketball games... and other stuff.

That's me. :p

Actually, I was wrong. I can act like I want on tamatalk, it's a great forum.

Otherwise, in real life, too much is expected of me. I can't just... be me.

OOC: Typo. D;

Last edited by a moderator:
I am who I am, nobody else, and i always be my true self no matter what. i just go out there and be different, be crazy, be unique, and i love standing out. NOT getting attention, just standing out. the only person who is the boss of me is me, and i will follow my own rules but to a certain extent to be safe and happy and healthy. I do not and have never cared what anyone else thinks. I want to be what I am, and I am what I want to be.

In real life, I can't be myself. Its not like.. safe to be myself. Especially at school.. and home.

I'm bisexual. Everyone at school knows it; when I hug a girl, I still get picked on for it. One thing though.. Everyone asks if my mom knows, and she doesn't. I'm scared to tell her I like girls, no matter how many times she says thats okay ;| And this all has caused me to loose interest in life.

On TT though... I can be my hyper active non in the shadows person I am.

Although..

If only people saw me as ME. and not a girl liking person..

To some extent I can be myself. Sometimes I get told at school to tone it down a bit, because sometimes I am too loud.

I'm not an attention seeker or anything like that, it's just who I am.

Also, if I told my close friends what stuff I do in my free time (ie, go on TT, play with tamagotchis, ect) they'd single me out and tease me forever.

I guess who I am is different every day.

Like, in my History and Health this year, I was the loud, obnoxious girl. But slowly I got quieter and quieter. I don't think anybody noticed much though.
But in Algebra, I was the quite one. I just sat there, half the time I slept. I talked to a few people, but just a little bit, and that was it. Every now and then I'd have n outburst or something, and everyone would just stare at me like, "Where the heck did that come from?!"

At lunch I was very loud.

I guess it just depends on who I am around and what kind of mood I am.

If I'm with my close friends, I'm loud and cheerful (for the most part).

If I'm with people I don't know very well, I'm quiet and depressed.

If I'm with some of my 'angsty' friends, I'm well... angsty.
That sounds like me. In Algebra and English, I barely spoke. In science and art, I couldn't stop talking.

If I have friends in my classes, I talk more. That's one thing I've figured out.

And I can only be me with a few of my friends. Most of them find it hard to relate to me sometimes, and I don't have a best friend or anything either.

Over here, I like being with people who share the same intrests as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back