How do you speak in real life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stereo

Reaction score
How do you speak in real life?

By that I mean, do you cuss every other word, do you have a tendency of overusing certain words, etc.?

I talk like a valley girl, no jokes.

People joke me about saying words such as "dude" and "like" too much. I can't even stand listening to myself speak without wanting to rip my ears off. I don't do it on purpose, it just comes naturally. I hate it. I also tend to stutter and whisper a lot. I think I might have speaking problems

Your turn. ;3

Last edited by a moderator:
I talk with a vocabulary that most people my age consider advanced o_O

Or as my friends say, "Stop using big worrdddsss~!!"

I like to consider it normal.

But sometimes when I go into spazmode I just act like an idiot.

Another thing I notice is I talk very slowly, especially when I'm afraid or confused.

I need to analyze these things more often o_o;; I didn't even notice any of this until I gave it some thought.

I avoid cussing. I used to occasionally swear though, a habit I've gotten rid of. I'm saying "darn" and "fridge" etc instead of the actual word all the time now, an achievment I'm quite proud of :furawatchi:

I slur my speech a little when I'm nervous, or when I'm speaking fast. A killer when I'm reading out loud in school, and worse because I enjoy using big words. So, if I was reading "Claustrophobic" in a book out loud, it would sound like "Clah-STREE-fo-bec". I know that I'm close enough, but it bugs me majorly. Also, sometimes when I speak, it sounds like I have a English/British accent, even though I never have lived in the UK.

I swear, not a lot but a decent amount. I use big words, talk at a moderate speed, and I always have something to say.

I'm very sarcastic and witty as well. I'm just an average speaker.

I'm just the quiet girl. I also have some trouble reading, which drives me nuts because my reading teacher makes me read lessons for her ALL THE TIME. *bangs head on table*

Oh yeah. There are times when words come out wrong, or I just talk too fast.

I over use my cuss words...I'll admit it. I say "odd" a lot. I'm a very loud person, if I'm around people I'm comfortable with. Otherwise, I can get really really quite.

I also talk fast. Likeallmywordssometimesgetsquishedtogetherlikethis.

I've been working on slowing down and speaking up. Because if I don't do that, the stage will be angry and I don't like when the stage gets angry!

I swear about every other word depending who I'm around xP

I've also been told I have a Canadian accent, which doesn't make sense because none of my family is from Canada.

I also tend to skip over my words a bit. Or if I'm thinking of something other than what I'm talking about, I'll start talking about what I'm thinking. It gets me into trouble sometimes XD

Sometimes I talk too fast. I'll end up having to repeat what I've said, especially to my grandparents.

I over use my cuss words...I'll admit it. I say "odd" a lot. I'm a very loud person, if I'm around people I'm comfortable with. Otherwise, I can get really really quite.I also talk fast. Likeallmywordssometimesgetsquishedtogetherlikethis.

I've been working on slowing down and speaking up. Because if I don't do that, the stage will be angry and I don't like when the stage gets angry!
I'm exactly like that.

I speak really, really fast. My words start slurring together. Like today when I had my friend over, I had to stop myself like, 10 times. Pause and start over slowly so she could understand a word I was saying. :x

I also talk really, really loud. My normal speaking tone is comparable to a stage voice. My mom yells at me for it a lot.

So I talk a lot, am loud and spazzical around my friends. But otherwise I'm very quiet.

I cuss like, every other word. :3 I think it may be turning into an issue... but... oh well.

I'm from the western PA area. Apparently, we've got some sort of accent going on.

I went to southern North Carolina for vacation this year. Whenever we were out to dinner/shopping/etc. people would ask us if we were from Pittsburgh. We'd say, "Yeah, how do you know?" and the person would be like, "I can tell by your accent!!" O_O I never realized we had an accent really. But apparently we do.

I use traditional Pittsburgh/western PA slang too. Like, "pop," instead of soda and, "yinz," instead of, "you guys," or, "y'all." :3

Oh. And I say like, like 10 times a sentance. I just did. xD And um comes up a lot in my speech as well.

I talk really fast, I have to slow down, a lot.

Apparently I have the whole Cleveland "accent" I don't know, apparently we say our a's very, short a-ish? It's annoying.

I talk in random British accents, oddly, it just happens, like when I sing, or I say "acctually" and I am trying to say it without the a problem, It sounds British.

I don't swear, a lot. xD I use "OH MY GEEZE" and "HOLY CRAP." a lot, that's about it. xD

I guess I talk normal, for a girl in Nowhereland, Ohio?

I speak fast, and cuss every now and then. I'm trying to avoid my cussing though, it's a nasty habit @_@ I also tend to mix my spanish with my english. I have to stop that as well D;

EDIT: I have a hispanic accent :] But not a very strong one @_@ People can't tell I even speak spanish sometimes.

I talk REALLY loud and fast.

My friend ask what words mean, that I use.

Lol. I cuss sometimes. ;p

I have a Canadian accent I guess.

I never use any slang, nor does any I know.

Actually, That might be part of the accent thing. o_o

I speak fast, and cuss every now and then. I'm trying to avoid my cussing though, it's a nasty habit @_@ I also tend to mix my spanish with my english. I have to stop that as well D;
EDIT: I have a hispanic accent :] But not a very strong one @_@ People can't tell I even speak spanish sometimes.
I had a friend who would do that with English and Romanian.

I remember we were at Six Flags and she didn't know where her dad was. She had just gotten done talking to her cousin(who doesn't speak English) and then turned to me and asked, 'Unday Tata?'(sp) Luckily I'd spent so much time around her and her family to know what she'd said XD

I speak with a ghetto accent I guess. Broken english really. No one seems to mind, it's common. Even if I am white, blah.

"Hey! They fighting!" "Desmond! Why dun you take ya own advice and shove that foot up'yo mouth!"

You get it I guess. I usually talk loud as well, and I do stutter a lot. Especially when giving presentations. I am trying to get the words outta my mouth, but it takes time.

"You see, w-w-whe-WHEN the Gl-Gla-Glacier-GLACIER melts-" Basically like that. It sucks, I even do it at home when trying to tell my parents something about our computer, trust me. It sucks.

I also use the words like, dude, etc. WAY to much even though I try not to xD And I guess my voice is quite deep compared to other girls. I also talk unusually fast, people keep telling me to slow down or shut up :l

I do NOT cuss every other word. I do say "like" alot though. Usually when I', nervous I say it nearly every other word. >.<

I have a very loud over confident voice. Its been descired as "Perfect for public speaking" I say epic and bro too much.

I've got a slight british accent but its very faint and I have the classic kiwi accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back