Sub vs Dub

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you prefer to watch anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paislypuppy

Reaction score
Personally, I can't stand to watch anime if it's not subbed. I feel like this is closest to how the show was intended to be watched, and dubbing it changes how the characters are portrayed. However, many of my friends only watch dubbed. So, what do all of you prefer?

Subbed. Just compare the Eyeshield 21 sub to the dub. The dub is absolute crud.

Compare Hetalia sub to Hetalia dub too. Hetalia dub is just dumb and they added all this bad stuff that totally made it terrible compared to the ever so cute original.

Subbed, for sure.

I never watch anything dubbed, except for Pokemon or something. xD

Personally, I will watch it in normal tongue... Regardless it has subs or not... Subs are a bonus in some cases... but its not the end of the world if they aren't there.

Subbed. I refuse to watch a dub. Just look at the sailor moon dub! Crap. ANd the Tokyo mew mew dub is even worse O.O

But the only dub I'll watch is Pokemon because some effort was put into it and they didn't hire a bunch of drunk people to do the voices.

To tell you the truth, I actually prefer to watch animes dubbed. It's just no fun looking at subtitles rather than watching the real thing. The only risk is that sometimes the voices suck for the dub so I would have to be forced to watch the subs, so meh. :p

Subbed. Just compare the Eyeshield 21 sub to the dub. The dub is absolute crud.

Compare Hetalia sub to Hetalia dub too. Hetalia dub is just dumb and they added all this bad stuff that totally made it terrible compared to the ever so cute original.
Yeah, the Hetalia dub is just awful. That's a prime example of why not to watch dub. It changes the overall experience, and ultimately you're not watching the show as it was intended to be watched.

Subbed or raw, since most dubs irritate me. Though to be honest, I do have a soft spot for some dubs like the ones I grew up with (Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, YuGiOh--the dub gave birth to The Abridged Series, which is super special awesome) and there are some good dubs out there (I like Full Metal Alchemist dubbed over the original). I guess it depends on which I watch and get used to first--which are usually the subs/raws.

I prefer dub.

I might not even be doing either when I eventually learn Japanese. But dub is my way to roll. Not all dubs suck though. Fruits Basket dub was amazing. And the fan-sub on Angel Beats! Is pretty good. I'm watching Toradora subbed though.

The only (sort of) anime I've ever seen was Magical DoReMi. :3

I liked it better dubbed, but I watched the latter seasons subbed.

Subbed. Usually ;) .

It depends. If i can't find subs, then i go with a dubbed version.

Dubs usually make the characters sound ridiculous.

Although i like the Angel Beats dub.

it depends on whats available. some anime ive only watched dubbed cuz thats what they had on youtube or crunchyroll. if i really like and anime il watch both. but there are a few animes I really liked that ive only watched dubbed. like lucky star and fruits basket

Subbed.

Dubbing usually messes up the character's voice, which is one of the defining features of every character. Dubbing also sometimes adds things that weren't there, and, in most cases, it just messes up the enite thing.

I feel like this is closest to how the show was intended to be watched, and dubbing it changes how the characters are portrayed.
This is true, so I prefer subbed. But I don't mind watching a dub if it's good (or sometimes only the dub is available).

Saying "the dubs are always bad" is generalizing and not very accurate.

Gag dubs are usually (alwayslol) better than the original, which is when the official dub screws the original plot/script (because it wasn't good) and makes it random and funny. The only way to enjoy Ghost Stories is by watching the dub.

Last edited by a moderator:
To tell the truth, it doesn't matter. some of the dubs suck due to too much things being meshed up and subs can be annoying.

I actually prefer dubbed. Subbed is too much reading, and I'm too lazy. :p

it depends on the actors really. Some dubs i don't mind but some are so unbearably cheesy i have to watch subs -_-

Dubbed.Because I'm too lazy to read subs =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back