Sub vs Dub

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you prefer to watch anime?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly prefer dub, because like some others here, I'm too lazy to read the subtitles, and also I like to focus on what's going on. The only non-movie anime I've seen is Hetalia, and to be honest, I find the dub pretty funny (lolIhaveneverseenthesubxD)

I prefer sub. In the tama anime the new english version sounds awful! Just listen to Lovelin's singing! So I would rather have sub. Though some shows (like Pokemon) have better english voices.

I don't really care. Unless the pronunciation is really bad. In that case I would prefer the original voices for that particular series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer dubs, I just don't like not understanding the words as they're being said. And also some Japanese girl voices are so whiny and annoy me. But as someone mentioned earlier, the Sailor Moon dub was absolute crap, so I like the sub for that anime. And for Hetalia, I like both dub and sub.

Erh, depends.

Likewise with Yu Gi Oh abridged, Sailor Moon abridged came from the dub. But compare 'Day of Destiny' to the last two episodes of Sailor Moon's first season. I have watched a couple Japanese Bakugan episodes, and I prefer those over the dub. Plus, Jesse Glenn's voice is nicer.

I don't like the Hetalia dub too much, but then again it's better than others.

Don't get me started on Tokyo Mew Mew.

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I always watch subbed because a: it usually sticks to the plot much better b: the voices are often cute and to me they really fit the character c: I really don't mind reading the sub titles.

Yes, I totally agree with the Tokyo Mew Mew Mew Mew Power thing. It being my favorite manga, after reading what people had to say about the dub, I didn't even try it and went straight to the subbed Japanese version. And as for Sailor Moon, my cousin gave me a few tapes of the dubbed Sailor Moon and I liked it. Soon after that I bought some of the manga and said "What the heck was I watching?!" So yeah, I vote for subbed. No matter what it is... I watch Tokyo Mew Mew, Sailor Moon, Lucky Star, and Detective Conan(that's all the animes I watch) subbed.

I like subbed. Sometimes characters speak too fast in a show for me to understand, so I find it easier to read subs. Also, sometimes the voices are butchered badly. Sergeant Frog/Keroro Gunso, I'm looking at you.

I like both. Whatever way I start watching an anime in is what I stick with for that anime.

Except for Hetalia. I liked it better dubbed. It was the accents. (...and maybe the slightly racist jokes...)

i prefer subs because i like to hear and see the anime as it was intended to be heard and seen. A lot of dubs end up changing some things around even editing the show in major ways to make it more "kid friendly" so i avoid dubs if i can.

I find it funny that someone said they think the japanese girls voices are annoying because i often find female american voices annoying in dubs whilst the japanese ones seem so cute and feminine! different strokes for different folks~

Okay, I recently watched the Hetalia sub. Overall I prefer the dub, but having said that, I prefer the sub for Poland.

When I first started watching anime, I only watched subbed, then when I had to watch some dubbed Naruto episodes, I noticed how much better and exciting the voices sounded. Even picked up a few words in Japanese, too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back