Am I too old for Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hai guys! I have a question, am I too old for Tamagotchi? You see, I just turned 12 last December 19. I'm wondering if I should buy a new Tamagotchi iD L or what. I really really really want one. But my parents say I can't cuz I'm too old for it -_-

Can you guys help me?

This is a petition. Please comment if you think I'm too old or if you think I should go for it. :) Thanks kids :wub:

Do comment and add me as friend! Check out my profile too :)

Trust me, you're not too old for Tamagotchis. I'm 16 and still love my tamas. I have three running at the moment, a V2 and 2 Tama-Gos. AND I want a colour tama. So, yeah, if I'm not too old, you certainly aren't!

Whaa...? 12? TOO OLD? Pfft, who came up with that idea? I am 13 and there's nothing I like better than the Tamagotchi toys and show, so don't worry about it! Tamagotchis are for ages up to 12, so you're not "in danger" just yet. Go for it! I'm gonna buy one because they sound awesome! Don't let anybody else try to change you; be true to yourself and you'll be pleased of the results! :D

You're not too old!

Tanagotchis are for any age!

I've seen adults play with them and stuff too!

At your age you are definitely not too old for them.

Ouchhh!!! you guys are embarrassing me... :(

Anyway, Hi AlyssalovesMametchi~ it's so nice to meet you and welcome to the place where you can totally put your cloud of anxiety above your head away! ^_^

In any case, I wish you will get one Tamagotchi to look after real soon! If otherwise, I believe all parents always have the points of view from different angles. However, ones should take those points of view as considerate not officious. ;)

But of course! I feel how your strong your determination is and really would love to see you enjoying looking after one of the versions. How about telling them that "It is a good start for me to show how responsible I am looking after a pet." ^_^

Good luck!~ :D

You are most definetly not too old for a tamagotchi, especially an iD L. Did you know that in Japan at the TamaDepa store where they actually sell iD Ls off the shelf there are teens and even adults shopping for tamagotchis? I ordered my iD L when I was 13 (and I'm still 13 now ;) ), and it is definetly not a toy thats too young for you. I think the iD Ls are actually designed for older kids because they're pretty fragile and complex, and I'm not sure how much I'd trust a 6 year old with something like it...

Good luck, and I hope this helped! :)

definatley not! In japan where they sell the iD L's at the store, its mostly teens and adults who buy them. They actually made the iD L for 10+, because think about it, its so complicated and A LOT of things you could do and its so fragile, I dont think that anyone would want a 6 year old using that ^_^ I mean unless they are like super smart... I couldn't have figured out that thing when I was 6 I probably just would have been like ? and chucked it across the room... lol :) But anyways, your not too old :) Im 13 and I still play with them :) and believe it or not, some of my friends actually think its pretty cool and now they want them too :D

WHAT

I wish I was still 12 (lol jk I don't ever want to through puberty again)

I'm 18, I have 4 tamagotchis and I'm still adding on. There is no age limit for owning a pet.

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAAAAT?

You can never get to old for tamagotchis. Especially if you're 12! Trust me, if you are still interested in tamas, then go by instinct and get the iD L if you like. I hate to be rude, but I think your parents are wrong.

OHMUHGOSH. nobody, and I mean nobody is too old for tamagotchis. I (think) most people here are older than 12, and they're running tamagotchis. You could try saving up for an iD L and leave eBay links to the ones you want all over the place (I did that xD) Otherwise, try reasoning with your parents and showing them that it's NOT a waste of money and that you're not too old for tamagotchis. If you really have to resort to this, show them tamatalk and explain how many people are on this, no matter what age.

Good luck!

go for it! nobodys ever too old for a tamagotchi! (unless you 60 or 70 lol) but im 12 too but i have 2 tamas

Oh my gosh! I used to go through the same exact thing with my parents when I was little. Guess what, I'm 24 now. And I still have my tamas! I go through periods where I have them stored away in their box, but I still bring them out one or two at a time to run for a few weeks. Don't ever let anyone tell you you shouldn't like something. You make your own descision with your hobbies and interests! Just reply that you're sorry they think that way :) but that it is something you really like.

Thought I'd add that over the years I've collected over 30 tamas....nobody is too old! Even my hubby buys them as gifts for me now LOL. Love it! And as of right now I have two V3's on my desk at work and a tama-go in my purse. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh,just to clarify...

OF COURSE NOT!

Thanks!

I am 10 years old, have 22 Tamagotchis and still counting, and some may say I'm too YOUNG for them, which they're correct about.

You only ever grow out of cots and picture books and other stuff for actual babies. My whole family love using the Xbox and we all play the same games on it, my dad helps me with Tamas, buying new ones and fixing broken ones, and helps my younger brother with Lego in the same way. My mum talks about what we're all interested in to me and my brother, whether it's TamaTalk or the kids in 1st grade at school. Families should be like that - interested in what everyone else has to say and do, and never criticising each other's interests. You should go ahead and get a Tama. My motto is this: The only thing that's childish is saying other people's interests are childish.

~ Dazzmina ~

Personally, i don't think you are too old because I still used tama's and tamatown when i was 14. Anyway, even when you exceed that age, you should use tama's to whatever age you want. If its an interest for you, then its the same as having a hobby like listening to music. You shouldn't stop your interests because others say you should :)

I'm 22, yes your read correctly... I'm 22 and I'll be 23 this year!

I used to have tama's when I was younger and almost a year ago I started collecting them again.

SO far I only have 5 and one in the mail.

Age has nothing to do with hobbies and interests.

The only time when age comes into things in my mind is if your doing something your not old enough for, that's when your parents should be saying no!

So yeah go a head and get your new tama and keep collecting!!

I am 15 and a Boy so you are Most Definately NOT Too Old For Tamagotchi's i have Over 50 tamagotchi's and still counting!

Also you Just Turned 12 thats when it gets fun cause you get better at playin' the games and taking care of 'em to get more unique Characters.

Best Regards,

~Purimatchi!

Your only too old for Tamagotchi when you want to be. You know, when you stop liking it. My Mama is 42 and she likes Twilight. :lol: She likes reading the books and watching the movies. There's no such thing as being too old to like something (unless it's Teletubbies or something). xD

Too old? No such thing. I just turned 18 and I still play with Tamas. That's right, this legal adult plays with Tamas and loves Pokemon. If it's your money, you should be able to do what you want with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back