Spotted Some Fakes on Ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMimitchi

Reaction score
Being a frequent shopper on Ebay. I believe I have come across some fake tamagotchi connections. A few are ending soon but I figured I would give fair warning to those who come across them as well.

A Fake v3/v4. There is no Bandai or Tamagotchi logo in sight. Copies of Mametchi and Mimitchi are clearly used on the packaging and the tama itself. And the antenna is different. I feel bad for the 2 people bidding on it. Unless they know it's a fake? :lol: Writing on the package says "The Original Fights Each Other". It's like a digimon tamagotchi I guess.

Fake v4 in Austrailia. Says they have 10 available. I wonder why, lol. :lol: No Bandai logo. Copies of Mametchi, Memetchi and Mimitchi used on packaging. Logo says "Animal Imagination".

Three Fake v5's. All 3 have different DVDs other than the Tamagotchi Familitchi Movie DVD. 2 have Transformers DVDs. Not sure what the other one is. No Bandai logo in sight. Screens have hearts on them. These are pretty good knock offs. The packaging is identical to the Chinese Tamagotchi Familitchi. Wow, those fakes sure are pricey. And look, they're on sale for $74.96 from original $99.95. :p

Say no to fakes. Don't support the frauds.

I wish you all a happy and safe shopping spree on Ebay! :ichigotchi:

:mimitchi: ~MagicMimitchi~ :mimitchi:

Edit: Here's another pair of fakes They use Tamagotchi in the name and it's on the packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I'm pretty sure they're fake like you said, MagicMimitchi

Fake v4 in Austrailia. Says they have 10 available. I wonder why, lol. :lol: No Bandai logo. Copies of Mametchi, Memetchi and Mimitchi used on packaging. Logo says "Animal Imagination".
Actually, this is not selling itself as a tamagotchi. Sure, it looks like one but ...

Note that the sales headline says "Tamagotchi Style" - which means in the style of a tama but not actually a tama.

Neither is the trade name BanDai mentioned anywhere in the sales information and the versions / colours offered.

We all know that there are plenty of VPs on the market that are being sold as tamas by BanDai when in fact they are not the genuine item.

Looks to me like this particular Virtual Pet is just another "me too" type product.

I googled Ling Dong Tamagotchi and a result came up from a topic at a Digimon Forum called TheDigiPort: https://thedigiport.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7904.0

Here's a quote from their discussion.

Title: Re: Fake Spoting topicPost by: Airdra on December 28, 2009, 01:25:00 AM

The "Ling Dong" tag on there makes a lot of people wary, especially because no one can seem to find any information on that company anywhere online. ^^;;

Title: Re: Fake Spoting topic

Post by: KageTamerXIII on December 28, 2009, 01:38:46 AM

LingDong (灵动) the distributor of Bandai stuffs in China. Much like Daniel Co. The large distributor of Bandai stuffs in Hong Kong and to other distributors around Asia. Unlike other distributors, Ling Dong always gets to edit all Bandai toys packaging to Chinese version and get it's logo printed on it. That's why they are only available in China and will not distribute to any other countries. Not even Taiwan and Hong Kong but some shops in Hong Kong managed to import some.
Apparently the ones you linked there that have the Ling Dong logo, are genuine for real Tamagotchis. Ling Dong distributes Bandai products in China and therefore add their logo to the packaging.

Actually, this is not selling itself as a tamagotchi. Sure, it looks like one but ...

Note that the sales headline says "Tamagotchi Style" - which means in the style of a tama but not actually a tama.

Neither is the trade name BanDai mentioned anywhere in the sales information and the versions / colours offered.

We all know that there are plenty of VPs on the market that are being sold as tamas by BanDai when in fact they are not the genuine item.

Looks to me like this particular Virtual Pet is just another "me too" type product.
You make a good point there. But the manufacturer still ripped off the Tamagotchi characters on the packaging, even though they look slightly different. I guess that's how they get away with it without copyright infringement. :mellow:

I googled Ling Dong Tamagotchi and a result came up from a topic at a Digimon Forum called TheDigiPort: https://thedigiport.c...ge;topic=7904.0

Here's a quote from their discussion.

Apparently the ones you linked there that have the Ling Dong logo, are genuine for real Tamagotchis. Ling Dong distributes Bandai products in China and therefore add their logo to the packaging.

Some of them don't have the correct DVD, such as this one: https://www.ebay.com/...b#ht_3687wt_760

They also say it's a Chinese "FamiTama". Famitama is for Japan, not China. It has Japanese on the back, but Chinese on the front?!? This on is actually a definite fake because I can't really see the Ling Dong logo and BanDai logo anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of them don't have the correct DVD, such as this one: https://www.ebay.com/...b#ht_3687wt_760

They also say it's a Chinese "FamiTama". Famitama is for Japan, not China. It has Japanese on the back, but Chinese on the front?!? This on is actually a definite fake because I can't really see the Ling Dong logo and BanDai logo anywhere.
You are very observant, Orandatchi, I'm impressed. But I already posted that one in my original post along with two others. I linked to those because they didn't have the Bandai logo anywhere at all and they claimed to be Tamagotchis with the Tamagotchi logo.

Quoting myself here.

Three Fake v5's. All 3 have different DVDs other than the Tamagotchi Familitchi Movie DVD. 2 have Transformers DVDs. Not sure what the other one is. No Bandai logo in sight. Screens have hearts on them. These are pretty good knock offs. The packaging is identical to the Chinese Tamagotchi Familitchi. Wow, those fakes sure are pricey. And look, they're on sale for $74.96 from original $99.95. :p
This is just my opinion, but I don't believe the LingDong/Bandai ones are fake. If I did, I would've linked to them in the first place when I started the topic. LingDong can edit the packaging since they are a distributor for Bandai in China. They can probably only edit certain parts of the packaging due to their deal with Bandai, which is why the front is in Chinese and the back is in Japanese. Also the designs for the shells with the keys on the sides are ones that they sell in China. Japanese have the key on a metal loop as the antenna.

The Bandai logo is always on the front in case eBay buyers are going to buy it. The 3 V5s do not have the JiDan logo or Bandai logo anywhere.
Yes but on some of the tama's I bought off ebay had the Logo on the back. I thought they were fakes when I bought them

I didn't see a logo anywhere, and they are selling it for so cheap...still red flags it for me honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back